Author Topic: SWD - Sports Echo article  (Read 4546 times)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
SWD - Sports Echo article
« on: November 09, 2009, 05:07:38 PM »

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: SWD - Sports Echo article
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 08:45:05 AM »
For those that haven't seen this, see the link below

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/nonleague/Spencer-Weir-Daley-gets-groove-double/article-1493448-detail/article.html

"Boston managed to hit back just before half-time as Marc Newsham levelled from 18 yards out".
Surely they must have this bit of the report wrong, "Tap in levelled from 18 yards:o"
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 08:51:27 AM by Tash »
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

cookie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 09:41:07 AM »
I would have described it as 'showed great control with his chest before hitting a superb volley into the far top corner for a tremendous goal!' Give the lad some credit, it was a great strike, and it came at just the right time.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 10:01:17 AM »
I would have described it as 'showed great control with his chest before hitting a superb volley into the far top corner for a tremendous goal!' Give the lad some credit, it was a great strike, and it came at just the right time.

I think your description of the goal is spot on Chris. I was in the Townend and it was a terrific strike. My comment above was tounge in cheek for certain posters who think that Newsh is only about scoring goals from 2 yards.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 10:24:30 AM »
I think your description of the goal is spot on Chris. I was in the Townend and it was a terrific strike. My comment above was tounge in cheek for certain posters who think that Newsh is only about scoring goals from 2 yards.

Tounge in cheek comments hey Tash....... lets not forget I have witnessed Newsh on
 quite a few occassions 2yds out and he has even missed them, the most important one
 for me at Lowestoft in the Cup when in the second half he should have buried one to
 get us something from the game, unfortuneatly didn't see that one making the sports
 headlines.   ;) ;) 
Simplicity is Genious...... Never touch an Electrician with no eyebrows.

pilgrimfan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 11:22:45 AM »
U would say that Mr Clarke ;) ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 12:00:44 PM »
Can,t recall many complaining about Ollie Ryan missing chances last season !