Author Topic: Dennis Greene  (Read 16994 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 09:32:53 PM »
Now for some seriousness -   i believe that we have the right man in charge, we just need to rebuild next season and make sure we have a team in place to hit the ground running.

So are you now admitting this team isn't good enough to make the playoffs ? If you are, isn't that a criticism of the manager, since he's ultimately responsible for signing the players he's brought in over the season. I recall you saying we will easily make the playoffs. We should of hit the ground running this summer. We had the crux of a decent side from last season.

I could see the writing on the wall several months ago. Several posters tried to dismiss my concerns at the time. The management failed to adapt as the season was closing in on the most important part. We needed to bolster the team, not unsettle it with loan after loan player, some of them being out their depth. I take on board the injuries we've had, but our bench has been sparse at the best of times. You can't change a game when there's no game changers to bring on and taking the best players off like today. Playing lads out of position is crazy. Oxo mentioned the defensive problem we had with the lad who clearly looked uncomfortable. We come up against good opposition and somehow are expected to be competitive with a makeshift team, it's simply not going to work.  Any momentum we had has vanished. The team is constantly being changed and the players cannot adapt to these changes.

The manager will have roughly the same budget next season and possibly a harder task to build a promotion chasing team since I can envisage half this current team being let go. It was a much easier task this season in terms of recruiting 3-4 much needed players, building upon last seasons squad. Yet it appears the players and management are slowly undoing the hard work they put in during the first 3 quarters of the season.

By all means stick with him for another season and see what he achieves. If it's not a playoff place next time round, I'd like to think we'd consider looking for a replacement.

That is some assumption given my wording.  Rebuilding could be in the higher league, could it not ? Are we out of the play offs yet, of course not !  I still believe that we can make them, but today's result has made the job just a little bit harder. If we don't make them, we have still proved that we are highly competitive in what is now, a competitive league, like it or not. We have no given right to be out of this league by stature or status, we need to stop living in the past.  We are what we are, and we are good enough to be in the next league, we just need to keep fighting.  And apparently to the "newbie " Evil Twin, keep happy clapping !!  Its better to be someone positive that a seasonal anti greene out campaigner who had a bitter falling out with him.  Sad, sad, sad.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 09:49:26 PM »
The question of Greene in or out is irrelevant as he is under contract for next season so will be here next season..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 10:01:00 PM »
Now for some seriousness -   i believe that we have the right man in charge, we just need to rebuild next season and make sure we have a team in place to hit the ground running.

So are you now admitting this team isn't good enough to make the playoffs ? If you are, isn't that a criticism of the manager, since he's ultimately responsible for signing the players he's brought in over the season. I recall you saying we will easily make the playoffs. We should of hit the ground running this summer. We had the crux of a decent side from last season.

I could see the writing on the wall several months ago. Several posters tried to dismiss my concerns at the time. The management failed to adapt as the season was closing in on the most important part. We needed to bolster the team, not unsettle it with loan after loan player, some of them being out their depth. I take on board the injuries we've had, but our bench has been sparse at the best of times. You can't change a game when there's no game changers to bring on and taking the best players off like today. Playing lads out of position is crazy. Oxo mentioned the defensive problem we had with the lad who clearly looked uncomfortable. We come up against good opposition and somehow are expected to be competitive with a makeshift team, it's simply not going to work.  Any momentum we had has vanished. The team is constantly being changed and the players cannot adapt to these changes.

The manager will have roughly the same budget next season and possibly a harder task to build a promotion chasing team since I can envisage half this current team being let go. It was a much easier task this season in terms of recruiting 3-4 much needed players, building upon last seasons squad. Yet it appears the players and management are slowly undoing the hard work they put in during the first 3 quarters of the season.

By all means stick with him for another season and see what he achieves. If it's not a playoff place next time round, I'd like to think we'd consider looking for a replacement.

You make some very valid points. Many posters on here hate anything negative said about Dennis, but the reality is, that he has chopped and changed and his style has killed the momentum. His time is up, and the sooner the self labelled "happy clappers" on here smell the roses and stop accepting a substandard leader the better. I watched Jonah at the end as he threw his bib to the floor in disgust at the final whistle. DG madness overlooking yet again a player he has championed who clearly doesn't fit his plans any more. It's a different excuse from him every week, but for one, I'm tired of the cr*p he comes out with. The next man through DG's revolving door should be him. And before anyone asks the obvious who would do a better job? The easy answer is anyone, as DG has lost the plot, the dressing room and with the exception of 10 or so happy clappers on this forum, has also lost many fans if what could be heard at the end of the game was anything to go by. Sad end to a promising season.

I don,t think people will take you seriously ET

Welcome back .

Remember 2 days ago you told us you had finished on here due to naughty happy clappers having the cheek to disagree with you ?

Recall a poster doing the same thing a few months ago .  8).    Was  it  your twin ?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 10:22:07 PM »

You make some very valid points. Many posters on here hate anything negative said about Dennis, but the reality is, that he has chopped and changed and his style has killed the momentum. His time is up, and the sooner the self labelled "happy clappers" on here smell the roses and stop accepting a substandard leader the better. I watched Jonah at the end as he threw his bib to the floor in disgust at the final whistle. DG madness overlooking yet again a player he has championed who clearly doesn't fit his plans any more. It's a different excuse from him every week, but for one, I'm tired of the cr*p he comes out with. The next man through DG's revolving door should be him. And before anyone asks the obvious who would do a better job? The easy answer is anyone, as DG has lost the plot, the dressing room and with the exception of 10 or so happy clappers on this forum, has also lost many fans if what could be heard at the end of the game was anything to go by. Sad end to a promising season.

I don,t think people will take you seriously ET

Welcome back .

Remember 2 days ago you told us you had finished on here due to naughty happy clappers having the cheek to disagree with you ?

Recall a poster doing the same thing a few months ago .  8).    Was  it  your twin ?

Enjoy happy clapping. I like being a moaner, thanks. Ps I don't have a twin, I have a split personality. Not sure which one of me is posting though. Maybe it's both of me?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 09:02:14 AM by The Evil Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Offside trap

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 11:40:49 PM »
With seven games left last year...
1 FYLDE pld 35 pts 70
2 barrow pld 34 pts 70
3 GUISELEY pld 34 pts 62
4 tamworth pld 35 pts 60
5 hednesford pld 36 pts 59
6 BOSTON pld 35 pts 57
7 oxford pld 35 pts 55
8 CHORLEY pld 33 pts 55
Not really a clear display of the final top 5 is it? My point is any of the teams from Nuneaton to Chorley this year could still make it so why couldn't it be us?
"If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again."
Terry Venables

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 06:57:12 AM »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 11:26:10 AM »
so why couldn't it be us?

Check the form table, that's why.
http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/tab15.html
That last 6 games league doesn't make comfortable viewing :(
The loss of Jordan Richards and Pidge out cannot be underestimated.
Dayle not back to his best yet.
Where was McAvoy yesterday?
Players with bit of pedigree coming in and not really cutting it.....
Troubled times............
I just hope DG still has the fight to turn it round

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2016, 11:34:37 AM »
i felt we did okay for the first half hour, looked good like the old Boston but they got the goal  and we just went to plan D from there, had no shape, didnt know what we was doing and lowered ourselfs to there play, Players dont look happy to be here anymore and again the subs in the game raises ???. for what its worth the starting line up looked the right choices but his in game tactics needs some real attention

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2016, 11:39:34 AM »
i felt we did okay for the first half hour, looked good like the old Boston but they got the goal  and we just went to plan D from there, had no shape, didnt know what we was doing and lowered ourselfs to there play, Players dont look happy to be here anymore and again the subs in the game raises ???. for what its worth the starting line up looked the right choices but his in game tactics needs some real attention

You echo my opinion. Seems there's a growing number of fans disgruntled for the same reasons.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2016, 12:45:11 PM »
Was the problem yesterday we had what some fans have been demanding ,  a "big midfielder " ?.   
Did the "big midfielder" make as big a contribution as Jordan Richards did when he was here ?

No use being big and strong without  the skills .   

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2016, 01:20:22 PM »
Was the problem yesterday we had what some fans have been demanding ,  a "big midfielder " ?.   
Did the "big midfielder" make as big a contribution as Jordan Richards did when he was here ?

Unfortunately that is what you'll see in youth football all over the country and it follows into adult games, big lumps with lower levels of technical ability hoofing and chasing all afternoon because they grew up playing that way.  The ones calling for it were probably one of the said big lumps!

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 02:21:29 PM »
Ferriby scored the winner in the 89th minute. A week earlier Chorley scored against us in the 84th minute. The week before that Fylde scored one of their goals in the 90th minute. Why do we concede so many late gaols? Are our players as fit as they should be?

Bring back the fitness coach!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »
Ferriby scored the winner in the 89th minute. A week earlier Chorley scored against us in the 84th minute. The week before that Fylde scored one of their goals in the 90th minute. Why do we concede so many late gaols? Are our players as fit as they should be?

Bring back the fitness coach!

Add to the above that in 4 of our 5 previous games we conceded a minute before H/Time it makes you think they are   typical British workmen,  clock watchers. 
Clear the lot out and sign up Poles!!!! :)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »

I agree,  a lack of quality and composure on the ball. Physical presence was second best against a better organised team. Big man in the middle didn't work yesterday, but not helped by playing two wingers who failed to get inside to assist when we were often out numbered in the middle of the park. Jordan Richards was a much better player in that role.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:40:57 PM by The Evil Twin »

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 07:03:06 PM »

Who was this big midfielder ? Garner  ?
 Hardly in the Gerrard class . .