Author Topic: Dennis Greene  (Read 16992 times)

Gus

• View Profile
Dennis Greene
« on: March 19, 2016, 05:04:47 PM »
IN or OUT?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 05:12:10 PM »
Wouldnt dare speculate..not at the game.
 Not having the best luck defence-wise are they ?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 05:22:35 PM »
In.

But better improve.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 05:51:15 PM »
In. Even though we're on a bad run, not the right time for a change. Could still get a playoff spot, only 1 point off. At the beginning of the season  a playoff spot would have been seen as  a satisfactory season.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 06:09:06 PM »
Out ,more of a revolving door than evan's .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 06:22:06 PM »
Out ,more of a revolving door than evan's .
In.
The only way you avoid a revolving door is to have a big budget, players on contracts etc.
We've played with a core of five or six regulars. The rest fringe or loan players.
He's doing a juggling act and would guess it's as frustrating for him as it is for us to watch.

milo1972

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 06:23:23 PM »
Awful performance from both teams this afternoon. Boston never had a `PLAN B`. Long ball , direct approach is not for the pilgrims. If we had passed the ball better, got it wide more often to Rollins and Felix , the result may have been different.

Just feel we are not good enough. Too many different players coming and going. Never seem to have a settled team.

As for the managers position, now is not the right time to change. Lets see where we are at the end of the season.

On a positive note, i thought Nat Brown was the best player on the pitch today.

Lets aim for 6 points from Brackley and Tamworth. The play off dream is slipping BUT NOT YET !

UTP

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 06:27:03 PM »
As a positive, glad to see Harry Limb and Harry Payne from the Youth set up earn a place on the bench.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 07:02:31 PM »
In or out? was the question and what a ridicules question it was. There can be no question of changing the manager at this point in the season for many obvious reasons. As I said last week until we are in the new stadium and have the resources to put together a settled squad will we be capable of promotion. I also said last week that we have a new defender who is clearly out of his depth, unfortunately because of injuries and suspensions there was no alternative today. Thought it very strange Robinson was substituted as he looked the one most likely to, Jones must be well peed off. I am afraid it will be down to a lot of luck to make the play offs but hey where there's hope and all that.   UTP. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 07:12:06 PM »
In .
    Agree with milo,s comments .

Nat Brown fully deserved MOM award ,   kept tabs on Denton better than Pidge usually does .

Change manager ?    who better is available ?    any suggestions .

When a manager goes they usually take a few of the better players with them is another factor to consider .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 07:25:49 PM »
IN  !!!   Only the seasonal moaners are calling for him out, same as they call for players out after a couple of games, how they call for reduced match price tickets, how they moan about the new stadium,  i mean..... give them a new manager, or a new squad next season, and i'll give them two games before the moans start over,  lol.   Any investors from our moaning minnie group please feel free to fund this 30 goal a season man that you so so want.

Now for some seriousness -   i believe that we have the right man in charge, we just need to rebuild next season and make sure we have a team in place to hit the ground running.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 07:27:32 PM »
Billy from North Ferriby ! Who would Den take?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 07:40:40 PM »
Billy from North Ferriby ! Who would Den take?

Depending where he went but probably more than Billy would bring from NFU !

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 08:22:36 PM »
Now for some seriousness -   i believe that we have the right man in charge, we just need to rebuild next season and make sure we have a team in place to hit the ground running.

So are you now admitting this team isn't good enough to make the playoffs ? If you are, isn't that a criticism of the manager, since he's ultimately responsible for signing the players he's brought in over the season. I recall you saying we will easily make the playoffs. We should of hit the ground running this summer. We had the crux of a decent side from last season.

I could see the writing on the wall several months ago. Several posters tried to dismiss my concerns at the time. The management failed to adapt as the season was closing in on the most important part. We needed to bolster the team, not unsettle it with loan after loan player, some of them being out their depth. I take on board the injuries we've had, but our bench has been sparse at the best of times. You can't change a game when there's no game changers to bring on and taking the best players off like today. Playing lads out of position is crazy. Oxo mentioned the defensive problem we had with the lad who clearly looked uncomfortable. We come up against good opposition and somehow are expected to be competitive with a makeshift team, it's simply not going to work.  Any momentum we had has vanished. The team is constantly being changed and the players cannot adapt to these changes.

The manager will have roughly the same budget next season and possibly a harder task to build a promotion chasing team since I can envisage half this current team being let go. It was a much easier task this season in terms of recruiting 3-4 much needed players, building upon last seasons squad. Yet it appears the players and management are slowly undoing the hard work they put in during the first 3 quarters of the season.

By all means stick with him for another season and see what he achieves. If it's not a playoff place next time round, I'd like to think we'd consider looking for a replacement.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 09:25:05 PM »

So are you now admitting this team isn't good enough to make the playoffs ? If you are, isn't that a criticism of the manager, since he's ultimately responsible for signing the players he's brought in over the season. I recall you saying we will easily make the playoffs. We should of hit the ground running this summer. We had the crux of a decent side from last season.

I could see the writing on the wall several months ago. Several posters tried to dismiss my concerns at the time. The management failed to adapt as the season was closing in on the most important part. We needed to bolster the team, not unsettle it with loan after loan player, some of them being out their depth. I take on board the injuries we've had, but our bench has been sparse at the best of times. You can't change a game when there's no game changers to bring on and taking the best players off like today. Playing lads out of position is crazy. Oxo mentioned the defensive problem we had with the lad who clearly looked uncomfortable. We come up against good opposition and somehow are expected to be competitive with a makeshift team, it's simply not going to work.  Any momentum we had has vanished. The team is constantly being changed and the players cannot adapt to these changes.

The manager will have roughly the same budget next season and possibly a harder task to build a promotion chasing team since I can envisage half this current team being let go. It was a much easier task this season in terms of recruiting 3-4 much needed players, building upon last seasons squad. Yet it appears the players and management are slowly undoing the hard work they put in during the first 3 quarters of the season.

By all means stick with him for another season and see what he achieves. If it's not a playoff place next time round, I'd like to think we'd consider looking for a replacement.

You make some very valid points. Many posters on here hate anything negative said about Dennis, but the reality is, that he has chopped and changed and his style has killed the momentum. His time is up, and the sooner the self labelled "happy clappers" on here smell the roses and stop accepting a substandard leader the better. I watched Jonah at the end as he threw his bib to the floor in disgust at the final whistle. DG madness overlooking yet again a player he has championed who clearly doesn't fit his plans any more. It's a different excuse from him every week, but for one, I'm tired of the cr*p he comes out with. The next man through DG's revolving door should be him. And before anyone asks the obvious who would do a better job? The easy answer is anyone, as DG has lost the plot, the dressing room and with the exception of 10 or so happy clappers on this forum, has also lost many fans if what could be heard at the end of the game was anything to go by. Sad end to a promising season.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684