Author Topic: Dennis Greene  (Read 17044 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2016, 06:46:57 PM »
bostonwoody - I reckon we played just as much hoof ball as North Ferriby on Saturday. At least they had a target man when they hit it forward. Let's not kid ourselves that we are some great passing team. I've seen us play some right dross in the last few months - not pretty.

TEP

" Great passing team ",  in that bracket i would put the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, etc only, lets not kid ourselves that in non league any team are of that level ! Guess this whole debate here stems from each individuals mind, and how we see things, are we a glass half full person, or a glass half empty ?! 

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2016, 07:09:49 PM »
leftback - we were really average on Saturday. Passing terrible. Long balls - that's the point I was making. Certainly in no position to have a dig at North Ferriby's style of play.

TEP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2016, 07:34:50 PM »
leftback - we were really average on Saturday. Passing terrible. Long balls - that's the point I was making. Certainly in no position to have a dig at North Ferriby's style of play.

TEP

Yes, but the majority of the games i have seen this season we have passed it around well and created more chances than we have put away. That is down to a mix of missing sitters and not getting that final ball into the correct areas. Yet we sit just outside the play offs with all to play for still, all be it on the back of a bad run. My point is that it is indeed the glass half full, half empty moment.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2016, 08:44:40 PM »
I've had to pick and choose some of my games this year, particularly away from home but maybe I've been unlucky - away trips to Chorley, Fylde, Gloucester, Lowestoft, Hednesford and Worcester have all been pretty poor affairs.

Let's hope there is more to shout about this time next week :)

TEP

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2016, 09:01:46 PM »
Does anybody know why Connor Robinson was subbed on Saturday?
Hopefully not an injury as he looks a good signing,

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 09:43:03 PM »
I just asked a simple question to provoke a debate. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2016, 12:19:59 PM »
Does anybody know why Connor Robinson was subbed on Saturday?
Hopefully not an injury as he looks a good signing,
He took a great thwack in the horrible challenge that started the melee. Presumably match-fitness as well, doubt he's played much lately.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2016, 08:25:44 PM »
Even Alex Ferguson didn't get it right everytime......despite having full time scouts and vast resources.
Makes you wonder how he would have managed with a part time scout and a bloke out the RAF
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2937716/Manchester-United-transfer-failures-10-worst-signings-Sir-Alex-Ferguson.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 08:35:40 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2016, 10:49:02 PM »
Man Utd have NO full time scouts, as Fergie trusted his coaches to watch players. Only now are they looking to employ them, as City seem to be taking on the better youth players.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/