Author Topic: Dennis Greene  (Read 16995 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 07:24:52 PM »
Was the problem yesterday we had what some fans have been demanding ,  a "big midfielder " ?.   
Did the "big midfielder" make as big a contribution as Jordan Richards did when he was here ?

No use being big and strong without  the skills .   

Who was this big midfielder ? Garner  ?
 Hardly in the Gerrard class . .

Yes.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2016, 08:22:12 PM »
Well, going back to the original question posed on this thread, it seems its still a good support for the manager. Guess those wanting him fast tracked out of the club won't be getting their wishes. Nice try moaning minnies, lol.  But the rest of us are truly UNITED !  ;D   :bunny

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 08:38:52 PM »
Melvin.
This is not a stupid question at all. Because of the recent results I have heard it mentioned that he has taken his eye of the job because of his private life which he seems to delight in splashing on twitter.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 09:08:01 PM »
Well, going back to the original question posed on this thread, it seems its still a good support for the manager. Guess those wanting him fast tracked out of the club won't be getting their wishes. Nice try moaning minnies, lol.  But the rest of us are truly UNITED !  ;D   :bunny

Those of us with a more negative view of the manager are just as United. We all want to see our club succeed, but just have a different view of how to steer the good ship pilgrim. We're different in our view but just as committed to the cause. Don't count your chickens, as the last thing the Board need is nose diving crowds ahead of the Quadrant build. Mr Newton may seem fit to stop the rot sooner rather than later, thus giving time for a post-Dennis rebuild before the move.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 09:30:06 PM »
RE twitter ..Boston fans would wish a totally focussed management team for the final 7 matches.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 09:35:22 PM »

Those of us with a more negative view of the manager are just as United. We all want to see our club succeed, but just have a different view of how to steer the good ship pilgrim. We're different in our view but just as committed to the cause. Don't count your chickens, as the last thing the Board need is nose diving crowds ahead of the Quadrant build. Mr Newton may seem fit to stop the rot sooner rather than later, thus giving time for a post-Dennis rebuild before the move.

We are aware that this is what you, and your half a dozen anti Greene cronies would like. But take on board the comments made previously, many stating in !   The same anti green sentiments was aired on the facebook fans forum by the seasonal moaners, who giving their track records have proven themselves to be the ones never happy, no matter whom is in charge, or who the 11 players are out of the hallowed turf. Maybe take a good look at how those personal abuse comments that were aired on social media to the manager, many about his personal life, was bang out of order and has sidetracked the manager when he is getting told how to run this team !  Its people that do this that are just as much to blame for the slide as anyone else. Time for some head wobbles !

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 10:19:03 PM »
Melvin.
This is not a stupid question at all. Because of the recent results I have heard it mentioned that he has taken his eye of the job because of his private life which he seems to delight in splashing on twitter.

Gus I know nothing of his private life and do not follow anyone on twitter I wouldn't know how to. When I said it was a stupid question I was referring to how you posed the question I think it simply said Greene In or Out. This to me was simply a  provocative question that was designed to cause the response that we are now seeing and that is clearly causing the unrest you were seeking. Yes I said it was a stupid question because the reaction it has caused is what we can well do without at a crucial stage of the season when we should all be rallying around the club to achieve the best possible outcome this season. When I have a view on BUFC matters I speak to the manager and air them, likewise he tells me on a face to face basis what he thinks of those views and believe me we don't always agree but I do respect that. If you or anyone else on here want to speak to him and air your views then approach him and discuss it with him he will make himself available but don't stir the sh*! on here. UTP.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 11:05:19 PM »

We are aware that this is what you, and your half a dozen anti Greene cronies would like. But take on board the comments made previously, many stating in !   The same anti green sentiments was aired on the facebook fans forum by the seasonal moaners, who giving their track records have proven themselves to be the ones never happy, no matter whom is in charge, or who the 11 players are out of the hallowed turf. Maybe take a good look at how those personal abuse comments that were aired on social media to the manager, many about his personal life, was bang out of order and has sidetracked the manager when he is getting told how to run this team !  Its people that do this that are just as much to blame for the slide as anyone else. Time for some head wobbles !

Just to be clear, you're saying that us "moaners" are partly to blame? If yes, then I can suggest a good psycho-therapist, as that is a ridiculous statement. I was reminded the other day that a discussion board may contain ideas that do not match my own, but I'm not accepting what's said above if it is what it seems to say. Dennis has many ways of airing his disbelief at each defeat, but don't ever blame a discussion board opinion. That really is clutching at straws. No personal abuse to him from me has ever been posted. Do I think he's the right man, no. Would I abuse him, no.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 12:00:10 AM »

[/quote]

Do I think he's the right man, no.
[/quote]
Why?
Footballing or personal reasons?
I do think some expect Boston to win every game playing Barcalonaesque exquisite football with a saint of a manager and an oligarch as chairman.....
Careful for what you wish for..........

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 09:28:55 AM »

Just to be clear, you're saying that us "moaners" are partly to blame? If yes, then I can suggest a good psycho-therapist, as that is a ridiculous statement. I was reminded the other day that a discussion board may contain ideas that do not match my own, but I'm not accepting what's said above if it is what it seems to say. Dennis has many ways of airing his disbelief at each defeat, but don't ever blame a discussion board opinion. That really is clutching at straws. No personal abuse to him from me has ever been posted. Do I think he's the right man, no. Would I abuse him, no.

Personal abuse will sidetrack anyone, ask your own psycho-therapist on this subject thanks without aiming further abuse at myself. You see, once you start, it becomes a habit !
As for the personal abuse direct at the manager on another forum, nobody is saying it was you, as on here, do we know who you are ? I do think that we are all entitled to our opinions on these forums, good or bad, its when you cross that line, that is what i disagree with, when things become personal as it did with the manager, hence sidetracking him from his job. So yes, fans are partly to blame for that issue.  Has that cleared that up ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2016, 12:51:21 PM »

Don,t know what business experience you have ET but David Newton is a wise business man .   I suspect he is like most of us and learnt over the years that the 2/3% of the customers (fans) who are habitual moaners will never be pleased .    I think you find very few business men who are prepared to sack a key employee who is deemed acceptable by 97/98% of his customers (fans).

On the other hand you may know of a potential manager with the ability to beat Green,s record of 3 consecutive seasons of challenging for N CON play-offs .
I urge you to follow the advice given by OXO,   go and pass on the name to  DN and I am sure he will give the time to discuss it with you .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 01:25:05 PM »
Melvin.

Gus I know nothing of his private life and do not follow anyone on twitter I wouldn't know how to. When I said it was a stupid question I was referring to how you posed the question I think it simply said Greene In or Out. This to me was simply a  provocative question that was designed to cause the response that we are now seeing and that is clearly causing the unrest you were seeking. Yes I said it was a stupid question because the reaction it has caused is what we can well do without at a crucial stage of the season when we should all be rallying around the club to achieve the best possible outcome this season. When I have a view on BUFC matters I speak to the manager and air them, likewise he tells me on a face to face basis what he thinks of those views and believe me we don't always agree but I do respect that. If you or anyone else on here want to speak to him and air your views then approach him and discuss it with him he will make himself available but don't stir the sh*! on here. UTP.

Gus i,m like Mel don,t do twitter etc .   I,m sure on reflection you are not surprised by the responses this thread ,
us oldies realise the minority make,s the most noise .    If those prolific complainers who come on here instead went and like Mel suggests had a chat to Greene  they would come away wiser on how to run a part-time pro football team .

;)  As for private lives being taken into account in football !!!!!  whats going to happen to the game Gus ?

Many top teams would be managerless and struggling to field a 5  side team .

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2016, 03:05:44 PM »
We have been play off contenders for the past 3 years, very few clubs can match that level of consistency.

Once again I would advise caution to be taken when wishing for things. I see somebody thought that "Billy from North Ferriby" could potentially be our next manager. Could you really stand watching that dross week in week out:
          plan a) kick it to Denton or
          plan b) kick it harder to Denton

It struck me the only person smiling on Saturday was Nobby, there was absolutely no danger of damage to the playing surface, by my reckoning the ball didn't touch it more than twice.

Keep the faith, everything will be good by the time we move to Wyberton

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2016, 03:06:11 PM »
I think it's a credit that despite being in horrible form, we are still only 1 point off the play off places (and now just 1 game ahead).

We're now in a position where we are chasing, not being chased, which might help the mindset of the players. As long as we keep within touching distance (3 points) of the top 5...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2016, 03:28:16 PM »
bostonwoody - I reckon we played just as much hoof ball as North Ferriby on Saturday. At least they had a target man when they hit it forward. Let's not kid ourselves that we are some great passing team. I've seen us play some right dross in the last few months - not pretty.

TEP