Author Topic: playoff chances  (Read 13935 times)

hozzer

• View Profile
playoff chances
« on: March 12, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »
are they slipping away, discuss
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: playoff chances
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »
are they slipping away, discuss

Going, going.......almost gone
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 04:53:38 PM »
Not yet. Go Gainsborough!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 05:02:56 PM »
Stays the same , a fight between us and Nuneaton for 5th place with Tamworth with a chance  to pip both of us .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 05:05:25 PM »
No worse than they was at 3pm, Our form is dire thou

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »
 No major progress till defence strengthened . . simples  ..

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 05:20:19 PM »
Form is very worrying and with some tough games ahead not looking good is it, still have ferriby,Harrogate,Tamworth and Nuneaton to play can't see us making play offs.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »
No major progress till defence strengthened . . simples  ..

Who would you drop out of the defence ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 05:23:55 PM »
Form is very worrying and with some tough games ahead not looking good is it, still have ferriby,Harrogate,Tamworth and Nuneaton to play can't see us making play offs.

Nuneaton fans saying he same about their team Shaun ,  so that must mean Tamworth for final spot.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 05:49:43 PM »
One win from the last six games, and in three of these games we've failed to score.  Some very difficult games ahead, Dale is hoping to be back for the Ferriby game.  That probably means he might be back for the Bradford PA game if we're lucky.
My opinion, for what its worth, is that without Dale there's not enough goals in the team to make the playoffs...time for a Robbins recall?  ???

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 06:06:41 PM »
Goals against not good GHM ..
  Goals for good .
  May not be a case of dropping but adding  :P . eg 4231.
   OR maybe imho get 1 or 2 who are Slightly less skilled but totally switched on & faster , and that word you don't like ..Stronger .
         Is the new ground marked out ?
    fT.

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 06:19:40 PM »
Oh you can't criticise this team and management. We'll easily make the playoffs  :bunny

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 07:10:06 PM »
Do the players lose their concentration  because 4 times out of the past 5 matches we have conceded  a goal on the stroke of half time.  That simply isn't good enough. 

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 07:22:50 PM »
Form might be poor recently, but where are we still in the league ?  All this doom and gloom huff and puff should be spent vocally next weekend by getting behind the team from 2-55 till the final whistle, and not as we see a lot or recently, moaning at players after a few mins on the clock. Its far to early to say that this is it,  and that we'll stick up the white flag as we cannot make it !

What i will say is that we do look weak once we have a couple of key players out, and that is the difference. Its not that our best starting 11 are poor, its that when one or two are missing we then become weaker so its about a stronger bench i guess. But there it is...down to funds. So unless one or two fans can throw some money at it, we just have to accept that when we lose key players then it becomes harder.  If any of you have the money for another Dayle, please step forward !

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 08:14:14 PM »
There is still an outside chance of the play offs. Last week I wrote how disgusted I was with that inept performance. Today after another long trek I don't feel as peed off why? because the lads who played gave their all ( and that is all I ask) and to be honest deserved something from that game. Today boiled down to getting few decisions going our way and the fact that a couple of players despite putting in a good shift just are not up to the required standard. Without Dale we will always struggle for goals there was plenty of huff and puff up front but but the lad will never blow the house down. Missed Pidge and finding it difficult to find a replacement the lad in defense looks out of his league. Having said that as I said they and the others gave it everything. I honestly feel that had the one that hit the post gone in we could have gone on to win. UTP.