Author Topic: playoff chances  (Read 13974 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: playoff chances
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2016, 01:54:46 PM »
Just frustrated that a Club/Business that should have walked automatic promotion is now 50-50 to qualify for the final play off spot. We have (or had in the case of Ryan Robbins) the players and the manager to compete the job and together with the best backroom staff in the league and the excitement of a new ground the season after next, it is really hard to take another potential glorious failure season on the chin. We all need to get down to York Street on Saturday and get behind whatever BUFC team takes to the field to grab 3 vital points to keep us with a fighting chance of a play off spot.
Robbins is still a BUFC player allegedly, so if I was in David Newton's place I'd be telling Dennis to get him back pdq, and scholsey too.
It's a results business apparently, so why not strengthen the squad for the run in?
Dixons energy in midfield and Robbins' goals could be the difference if we do make the playoffs

We need to move on, why do a few think they know better than the manager ? How can you say,hand on heart, what goes on behind the scenes with these players ? You assume that they have been moved out, purely for football matters. Maybe they have, but lets not kid ourselves that everything is black and white.  Personally, i would like to see Ricky Miller back, but that isn't going to happen either. Maybe we should break the bank to get Pearson back too,  who has the spare thousands to stump up ?? 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2016, 03:55:11 PM »
Just frustrated that a Club/Business that should have walked automatic promotion
I stopped reading at that point. 1, businesses don't win promotion, teams do. 2, why should we have walked it? On what evidence in August was this so obvious?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2016, 09:11:43 PM »

We need to move on, why do a few think they know better than the manager ?

Its all about opinions on here, I think that's why

How can you say,hand on heart, what goes on behind the scenes with these players ? You assume that they have been moved out, purely for football matters. Maybe they have, but lets not kid ourselves that everything is black and white. 

If it was based purely on football matters Robbins would not have been moved out IMO, so I'd assumed that it was something else. A personality clash maybe, who knows, as you say it is never black and white.

Burgh Boy appeared to be looking at it from a business perspective and in business you don't loan out valuable assets.  If you are forced into doing so, you would recall them if the need arose and if it were a possibility.

DG has now loaned Sands out. Sands scored 2 goals from 10 starts, with a few appearances from the bench.
Robbins scored 4 goals from 10 starts, also coming on as a sub in a few games.

Jones' figures are 6 from 22 starts, so unless Dale's injury has healed already it would seem likely that Den has another striker lined up. Its too late in the season to take a chance on another Sands so, unless Den has come up with someone proven at this level, it would make sense to recall a striker who showed he could find the net.
Just an opinion of course...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2016, 09:32:51 PM »
Robins unable to get into bottom of league team .

Kyle only on the bench for Basford who are two leagues below us .

I think that vindicates Greene,s decision .

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2016, 10:42:24 PM »
Alternatively, it might show that they would rather be playing for BUFC and vindicates sweet fa, they both proved they could play at our level IMO :dan
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:09:14 PM by Ed Kandi »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 10:04:43 AM »
Alternatively, it might show that they would rather be playing for BUFC and vindicates sweet fa, they both proved they could play at our level IMO :dan

Probably do prefer playing for Boston , if so surely they would be trying to shine while out on loan .    Probably explains why Greene let them go .
Just my opinion .

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2016, 10:36:17 AM »
Possibly just going through the motions until the end of the season knowing that they will be released and can then trial for another club....another opinion based on nothing at all

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2016, 12:40:34 PM »
Alternatively, it might show that they would rather be playing for BUFC

Doesn't make sense. If the Corby manager sends Robbins back, telling DG he's been poor then where does that leave Robbins? Being pushed out elsewhere desperately by us, to get his wages off our payroll.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2016, 03:08:15 PM »
If he's back at Boston, and we're paying his wages and short of a proven striker, it would make sense to play him.
From a business perspective, DN would probably want to utilise all his assets to extend the season with some playoff games and the chance of a financial boost with promotion.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2016, 04:28:36 PM »
Robbins will be eligible for the Play Offs, as will Dixon.