Author Topic: BBC Lincs . Steve Housham interview with Rob Makepeace .  (Read 27069 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BBC Lincs . Steve Housham interview with Rob Makepeace .
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2016, 05:57:07 PM »
They had a farewell to the Housh,  BBC Radio Lincs love-in at the start of the sports programme today.
I think it was Rob Makepeace  that said that he'd visited these pages and found nothing but love for Mr Housham...look again Rob!   :dan

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 09:06:30 PM »
They had a farewell to the Housh,  BBC Radio Lincs love-in at the start of the sports programme today.
I think it was Rob Makepeace  that said that he'd visited these pages and found nothing but love for Mr Housham...look again Rob!   :dan

Missed the start of the programme so cannot comment .   As one who is widely regarded as a happy-clapper on here the post match comments raised concerns ,  do I have to raise my dosage of happy pills to compete ?

Con Nat Prem       
                    League leaders Cheltenham are 27 pts in front of the IMPS

Imps are in 10th place 5 points behind last play-off place and have played 2 games more .

Con North

Boston 16 pts behind leaders

Boston are level on points with last play-off place but have played 1 game more .

Bearing in mind the bullish comments by the commentators / journalists on Imps chances of making play-offs
 and  less enthusiasm to Boston,s chance,s I reckon they are on a heavier dosage of happy pills than I am .  :) :)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 11:31:54 PM »
Yes Steve was naughty in interview on BBC Lincs which outraged some of us at the time .
Water under the bridge now .  Same as any other club Blues have fans who think there is a future  manager waiting to do a better job , we will see . 
A family to support so I hope he soon gets another job .

Let's not lose sight of "by mutual consent". If I were his family member I'd want to on why he was "mutually" responsible for his departure and therefore "mutually" responsible for his lack of funds to support them in the short term.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2016, 08:19:19 AM »
Yes Steve was naughty in interview on BBC Lincs which outraged some of us at the time .
Water under the bridge now .  Same as any other club Blues have fans who think there is a future  manager waiting to do a better job , we will see . 

Let's not lose sight of "by mutual consent". If I were his family member I'd want to on why he was "mutually" responsible for his departure and therefore "mutually" responsible for his lack of funds to support them in the short term.

Listen to his interview it was not mutual consent, he was sacked. Mutual consent is a term used by the board to keep fans on board that are opposed to the sacking. " I would love to have stayed, I am not a quitter" were a couple of his phrases.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2016, 11:00:33 AM »

Listen to his interview it was not mutual consent, he was sacked. Mutual consent is a term used by the board to keep fans on board that are opposed to the sacking. " I would love to have stayed, I am not a quitter" were a couple of his phrases.

Saving face, easy to blame the chairman. Local bloke trying to avoid local abuse.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 01:19:22 PM »

I,m sure he would explain that he had served the club for four and half years which is commendable in modern day football .    Name  present day managers have who have exceeded that ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2016, 02:45:53 PM »

He wasn't full-time.. he's often been mentioned on the Tinpot forum about him and his van, so I'm assuming he's a tradesman of some sort. I doubt he'd be on much at Trinity, not since Swanny left!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/