Author Topic: Lifetime ban, well done BUFC  (Read 8965 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Lifetime ban, well done BUFC
« on: March 08, 2016, 03:05:05 PM »
I see the person that shouted racist abuse has got a lifetime ban. Well done to BUFC for showing that this sort of behavior should not, and will not, be tolerated.  Its people like this that continue to give football fans a bad name up and down the country. One thing i will also add, its just a pity he wasn't named and shamed for the racist that he is !  So, lets move on now as a club, with no more reports of abuse, or as last weekend, drunken aggressive behavior. BUFC as a club, has worked so hard to regain our once good name in football, lets not go and ruin it !

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Lifetime ban, well done BUFC
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 03:50:57 PM »
As you didn't actually go to fylde leftback how can you possibly comment on our behaviour. Can't always just go with what you hear. We are one of the better supported teams in this league and with more support there are likely to be more crowd issues and it won't go away. Agree with the lifetime ban though. No place for racists in football. Shame we can't be shown a picture of the culprit.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 06:31:12 PM »
As you didn't actually go to fylde leftback how can you possibly comment on our behaviour. Can't always just go with what you hear. We are one of the better supported teams in this league and with more support there are likely to be more crowd issues and it won't go away. Agree with the lifetime ban though. No place for racists in football. Shame we can't be shown a picture of the culprit.

I did go and saw everything that bonehead drunken prat did and yes he did bring shame on the club so don't make excuses.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 07:16:00 PM »

I can comment because there has been dozens of reports of it happening both from our own fans, and their fans. Yet we only have one or two denying or defending it. And those, no doubt, are probably the same people that are likely to behave in this manner.
As i say, we need to kick all the idiot mentality into touch.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 09:01:28 PM »
Newton and co have worked bloody hard to move the club on from the "cheating" boston tag of the fatty mcfraud era.. Now there are individuals threatening to shame the club again. The rascist needs naming, as does the drunken pr*ck at Fylde, and then we'd see how big and clever they are. We do not need "fans" like these at our club.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 10:49:57 PM »
And those, no doubt, are probably the same people that are likely to behave in this manner.

No doubt?? Sounds like you know everything... or accusing poshpilgrim of being a troublemaker.

As you said earlier, "lets move on now as a club"... no unfounded accusations.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 07:22:01 AM »
The rascist needs naming.

If there's a police investigation taking place (which I believe there is) then the club probably aren't allow to release a name until police and probably court proceedings are completed. If that happens, I'm sure the cretin will be named amongst the court briefs of the Standard and Target.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 07:30:02 AM »
And those, no doubt, are probably the same people that are likely to behave in this manner.

No doubt?? Sounds like you know everything... or accusing poshpilgrim of being a troublemaker.

As you said earlier, "lets move on now as a club"... no unfounded accusations.

Nobody is accusing anyone on here, you've misread what i meant. It was a generalization of those people who defend it, and not directed at anyone at all. After all, 99% of our fans wouldn't defend it.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 07:47:28 AM »
Seems to me that you are making me out to be a trouble maker. I go to nearly all games home and away. Maybe i should be issued with a banning order for expressing my opinion. I shook hands with a fylde fan I was stood next to in the second half and wished them all the best for the season and also had a brief chat with Urwins mother after being asked by her if I was one of the fans behind the goal shouting abuse at her son. Disgraceful behaviour on my part must apologise for talking to opposition fans ;). Maybe if the bar staff at the ground hadn't continued to serve the very intoxicated gentleman in question then maybe there would have been less chance of being any trouble. And I do believe I have never denied that he did anything wrong. He was pissed as a fart before he entered the ground so why was he allowed in in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:55:20 AM by poshpilgrim »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 07:58:58 AM »
Seems to me that you are making me out to be a trouble maker. I go to nearly all games home and away. Maybe i should be issued with a banning order for expressing my opinion. I shook hands with a fylde fan I was stood next to in the second half and wished them all the best for the season and also had a brief chat with Urwins mother after being asked by her if I was one of the fans behind the goal shouting abuse at her son. Disgraceful behaviour on my part must apologise for this ;). Maybe if the bar staff at the ground hadn't continued to serve the very intoxicated gentleman in question then maybe there would have been less chance of being any trouble. And I do believe I have never denied that he did anything wrong. He was pissed as a fart before he entered the ground so why was he allowed in in the first place.

As i replied above, it was a generalization and not aimed at any individual on here, but more aimed at those that defend the actions. Sorry you took it that way.   But we do have a few idiots that think its cool to behave in this way, i think most of us can agree with that.  And my point is only about one thing, destroying the hard work that the club has done to regaining our good name in football once more.  Hope that clears this misunderstanding up.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 12:58:17 PM »
I think all clubs have a small minority of these idiots - and always will have. I suppose the person responsible for the racist comment will still be free to go to away games.

TEP

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 04:41:31 PM »
Not that easy to stop him from going to away games.  What is easy though is for the bar staff at fylde to stop serving people who are clearly pissed out of their skull.  I was in the bar before the game and he was irritating as hell in there then. Its not as if there were that many people there for them to be rushed off their feet.

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 06:00:44 PM »
In order to ban a fan from attending away fixtures the police would have to issue the person with a  banning order. If the police decide to prosecute the person for the abuse, part of their punishment would be a banning order I would imagine.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 11:14:41 PM »
If the Ref had sent him off for assaulting Dayle it wouldn't of happened.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2016, 06:26:26 AM »
That's an interesting observation Garry. So it could really be the ref's fault ? Are you saying this type of behaviour is excusable if things don't go our way on the pitch ?

If a 'supporter' is that volatile and prepared to take that course of action then maybe they should refrain from actually going to matches.

In my opinion, there are never any circumstances when this type of behaviour should be tolerated. That's on or off the football pitch. Yes, have a moan at the ref, wind their players up with a bit of banter but not this. Or does football just make it ok ?

TEP