Author Topic: Snow Alert for AFC Fylde trip  (Read 6494 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Snow Alert for AFC Fylde trip
« on: March 04, 2016, 07:59:17 AM »
Just something to factor into your journey for those coming up to AFC Fylde tomorrow.

I'm based between Bolton and Manchester (google says its 32 mins door-to-door from mine to Fylde's ground) and have woken up this morning to a blanket of snow.

Its has snowed all the way into work in central Manchester and is still snowing. The local weather forecast says it will be like this today and tomorrow.

Not withstanding any possible postponement, you might then want to add some extra time to your journey as - even if there's been none in Lincolnshire - I'm sure you'll meet the snow up on the Pennines along the M62. Maybe Ken can advise how it is in Leeds / West Yorkshire?

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Snow Alert for AFC Fylde trip
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 08:47:41 AM »
AFC Flyde is not the best place to get to, by public transport, and i live in West Yorks. Heavy snow here in Bradford
I will not be going to the match

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »
Fair amount in Leeds itself this morning, adding to rather than causing M62 problems.  Looking at the forecast though I'd expect it to be washed away by the morning. 

Higher ground (over the M62 westbound) has it worse though so definitely check and double check and then prepare well if you are heading there by car tomorrow.

hrb

• View Profile
Snow Alert for AFC Fylde trip
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 11:04:17 AM »
..... I live near fylde's ground and it has snowed but it is melting fast - don't think snow will be a problem but the pitch could be waterlogged as it has rained a lot here in the last few days and the surrounding fields which had started to dry out following the january floods are full of water again

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »
long old way on a Tuesday night so hope it goes ahead saturday
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 02:06:33 PM »
Hopefully they can organise an early inspection (9am?)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 03:18:05 PM »
Surely someone at BUFC is in contact with Fylde and in a position to give us the latest news re the likely hood of the match being on, for goodness sake don't have us setting off if it's not 100% on.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 03:34:06 PM »
Just been in touch with Craig and as things stand at the moment the team will be travelling however, if there are any changes he will keep the site updated.  UTP.

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 08:32:32 PM »
 :)you could all play safes and support our other team boston town..

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 08:40:01 PM »

Why?
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 08:44:28 PM »
No thanks.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 09:10:26 PM »
me an granddad go to support them wen united are not playing' allways will do. your a sad lot on hear sometimes  :dan

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 07:34:34 AM »
me an granddad go to support them wen united are not playing' allways will do. your a sad lot on hear sometimes  :dan

So we can prefix the words "two team" to the word that most of us have to describe you then?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »
Nothing wrong going to support our friends at Tattershall Road if you are not going to United's away game today. Jason Callaby's first home game in charge of The Poachers following Mark Angel's departure. If their game is on v 3rd placed Newport Pagnell Town, why not go along and support them? For the record, Wyberton FC's home game is off due to waterlogged pitch.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 10:26:42 AM »
thank u b/b. granddad sed u seem 2no wot yu talking about town aint the best of football but they work on a shoe string as they say.so we like to support wenever