Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398187 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #420 on: August 27, 2016, 01:22:49 PM »
I suppose the crime of 'asleep in charge of a country' carries no penalty for an ex- Etonian Tory boy.  Problem is that there is no credible opposition at the moment, so May could go to the country with a watered down version of Brexit and get it through.
I'll only believe we are leaving the EU when we are actually out, and the sooner the better IMO  :police:

Totally agree, I know who has more to lose.  Our yearly contribution will sorely be missed.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 09, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »
Reports suggest that anti-brexit protesters have raised funds to purchase 5000 EU flags to display during the Last night of the PROMS tomorrow evening , which marks the end of this years BBC promenade season .
The 6000 cosmopolitan audience go to these events for one reason only ,  to enjoy great music  composed by worldwide composers and played by British and foreign musicians and enjoyed by millions of viewers worldwide .

If these people have a link however tenuous to the official anti-brexit campaigners shame on them .

They will be observed with dismay and disgust by a worldwide audience of millions .

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 10, 2016, 01:09:35 AM »
Never mind the flags. As at no time in many years, the message is in the music. We have built Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land.

That which God has ordained, let no man put asunder.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 10, 2016, 10:39:11 AM »
There were some excellent concerts, the end to a great season  8)
Went to Battle Proms a couple of years ago. No star spangled EU flags there...bit late to start waving them when we're on the way out, nothing wrong with a bit of nostalgia I suppose  :dan

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 30, 2016, 09:01:00 AM »
Who saw Question Time last night?

Was it me, or did most of the people asking the questions have a cockney accent?

Only recognised about two people.

Where were any representation of the local migrant community?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 30, 2016, 11:18:52 AM »
Who saw Question Time last night?

Was it me, or did most of the people asking the questions have a cockney accent?

Only recognised about two people.

Where were any representation of the local migrant community?

You should have known better than watched it Dip after the way the BBC stitched us up last year  :dan  .  Yes I watched it as well , you make valid points .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 30, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »
Did they ever answer the Syrian Refugee question?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 30, 2016, 09:43:43 PM »
Did they ever answer the Syrian Refugee question?
I didn't hear them give an answer to it. They were far to busy reminiscing about Don Revie's Leeds team of the 70's. I've never yet seen a politician who answers the question they are actually asked. They are, however, very good at waffling for long enough for us to forget the actual question, and they are very good at answering the question they WANTED to be asked, but weren't.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 30, 2016, 10:13:30 PM »
 Rod Liddle was excellent on Diane Abbot and the London based lefties, very eloquent   :dan

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 01, 2016, 06:33:27 PM »
Oh the irony of Sunderland voting over 60% to exit Europe, and the biggest employer already voicing genuine concerns about being in a post Europe Britain and trying to export back into Europe with the likelihood of at least a 10% tariff.

Unintended consequence might be lower immigration, as the increasing unemployed Brits means Britain won't have to rely on immigrants to fill vacancies  :bunny

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 01, 2016, 06:53:03 PM »
Oh the irony of Sunderland voting over 60% to exit Europe, and the biggest employer already voicing genuine concerns about being in a post Europe Britain and trying to export back into Europe with the likelihood of at least a 10% tariff.

Unintended consequence might be lower immigration, as the increasing unemployed Brits means Britain won't have to rely on immigrants to fill vacancies  :bunny

Is it "genuine concerns" or more likely the posturing you would expect a world class firm to adopt when doing a deal ?

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 01, 2016, 07:00:38 PM »

Is it "genuine concerns" or more likely the posturing you would expect a world class firm to adopt when doing a deal ?

At this stage it is likely to involve some posturing but they based themselves in the European free trade market, that will change and therefore their business model is somewhat altered - a tariff was not in their original plans.
Was at BMW in Oxford last week, with 80% of their production for export they face a similar dilemma.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 01, 2016, 07:09:51 PM »

At this stage it is likely to involve some posturing but they based themselves in the European free trade market, that will change and therefore their business model is somewhat altered - a tariff was not in their original plans.
Was at BMW in Oxford last week, with 80% of their production for export they face a similar dilemma.

Would,nt worry d c ,  we don,t want to lose them and they don,t want to lose us .
Sure they will conclude a deal like business and politicians do,  dress up for both sides to claim to be the winners .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 01, 2016, 08:23:12 PM »
Ah . . Hunter Madeley Charlton Reaney 

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 02, 2016, 08:37:06 AM »
The Great Repeal Bill to be announced today allegedly.
 It will repeal the 1972 European Communities Act allowing us to regain British Sovereignty  8)
Brexit is starting to really mean Brexit, although they still have to get it through parliament, and Herr Juncker and Co will probably challenge its legality  :police: