Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398276 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #390 on: June 30, 2016, 02:28:06 PM »
For those of you who like a conspiracy theory....this is a biggy!

Kalergi theory
Makes the Kennedy one look like child's play
Throw in the fact we are being sprayed by planes. ...we're doomed (this is another conspiracy theory)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:48:45 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 30, 2016, 09:02:59 PM »

Kalergi theory
Throw in the fact we are being sprayed by planes. ...we're doomed (this is another conspiracy theory)

I love a good conspiracy theory :dan
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 30, 2016, 10:21:28 PM »

Kalergi theory

I love a good conspiracy theory :dan

Agenda 21?

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 01, 2016, 11:03:12 AM »
Looking at the kalergi plan and the way the monstrosity that is the eu is being run, conspiracy theory or not they seem to be implementing the plan pretty well. (Well that is until we Brits came along and put a serious dent into it), know wonder Junker and co are fuming.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 01, 2016, 01:14:22 PM »
Confirmed today by the leading candidates for the Tory leadership that they won't trigger article 50 this year, so the very earliest we could be out of the EU is 2019.

Until then, it's business as usual (well, ish)...

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 01, 2016, 06:52:30 PM »
Pete....
What do you think might be a good outcome?
Here's a wild one..can't see it happening...but what if T May gets the gig and we stay in till 2019.
In the interim the eu thing is renegotiated (it becomes a Common Market again..nothing more)
We then have a second referendum and decide to stay in.....
Happy clapper eurostyle :)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 02, 2016, 10:55:38 AM »
Pete....
Here's a wild one..can't see it happening...but what if T May gets the gig and we stay in till 2019.
In the interim the eu thing is renegotiated (it becomes a Common Market again..nothing more)

Well, the way things have gone over the last week I don't think you can count anything out!

However, if I had to guess right now, I suspect there'll be some kind of compromise reached that fails to fully satisfy either side: my guess is we'll be out the EU as the referendum result dictates, but remain in the single market with SOME curtailment of freedom of movement (but not the full lock-down of our borders many were voting for). I think only now, as people start to look at just how integrated we are with Europe, are we beginning to realise a full "Brexit" isn't technically achievable. Instead, there are simply varying levels of 'uncoupling' available.

And because of that, I simply don't believe a word Gove says. While I do think the Tories will make efforts to stop completely free movement, this absolute nonsense about an Australian points system will NEVER happen, mainly because it will be prohibitively expensive to administer.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 02, 2016, 02:53:08 PM »
Pete....

Well, the way things have gone over the last week I don't think you can count anything out!

However, if I had to guess right now, I suspect there'll be some kind of compromise reached that fails to fully satisfy either side: my guess is we'll be out the EU as the referendum result dictates, but remain in the single market with SOME curtailment of freedom of movement (but not the full lock-down of our borders many were voting for). I think only now, as people start to look at just how integrated we are with Europe, are we beginning to realise a full "Brexit" isn't technically achievable. Instead, there are simply varying levels of 'uncoupling' available.

And because of that, I simply don't believe a word Gove says. While I do think the Tories will make efforts to stop completely free movement, this absolute nonsense about an Australian points system will NEVER happen, mainly because it will be prohibitively expensive to administer.

I think thats the best assessment as we have had on here .

Ultimately both EU and the UK will claim to be the winners in an attempt save face .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 05, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »
Nigel has gone, job done.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 06, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »
Mishcon de Reya are set to mount a legal challenge to prevent Article 50 being invoked without a vote in parliament, looks like we will have to fight for our Brexit  ???
We had a Senior Civil Servant visiting us last weekend and she confirmed my suspicions that this was always supposed to be an in/in referendum.  No plans were made for a leave vote, so they are playing catch up now and it is 'chaotic'.
Apparently one plan is to delay Article 50 as long as possible in the hope that, in the meantime, the economy bombs to such an extent that the general public are begging to reverse the vote. Mark Carney will be making regular reports to aid in this process, and expect the threatened 'emergency budget' to reappear on the agenda before the years end.
If all this is successful then it will be put to the vote in parliament.

Theresa May might be saying that Brexit means Brexit, but she knows what is going on.  Politically she is expendable if it all goes tits up, so she is just doing a job, possibly the only contingency plan that they put in place, and one made much easier once Boris was out of the running.  :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 07, 2016, 02:24:52 PM »
Talking to a shrewd old business man ( true blue ) before the vote.  He told me that even if the brexit vote wins, we will still be in the EU.  He said we will go back renegotiate and a new deal put to the people. >:(

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 11, 2016, 07:21:39 PM »
May now PM, we are doomed ???

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 12, 2016, 09:23:13 AM »
Well after all the doom and gloom of Brexit yesterday's FT index finished on an eleven month high.  Explain that ???

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 12, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
That's because of the weak pound, apparently. There are a few articles floating about that explain the relationship.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 12, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »
Well after all the doom and gloom of Brexit yesterday's FT index finished on an eleven month high.  Explain that ???

Speculation on an interest rate cut, plus back in February it dropped significantly as fears over the Chinese economy surfaced so its position is better to be reviewed over a greater period of time.

From a personal perspective I have seen all UK based roles either pulled or moved (which is also reflected in the wider market; http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-job-vacancies-fall-700000-in-the-week-after-brexit-data-shows-a7124686.html) for the company I work for, not ideal when I'm facing possible redundancy - directly linked to the Oil/Gas downturn and also pushing manufacturing to either Germany, Italy, Brazil or Asia off the back of Brexit fears, long before the actual vote.

Over 2,000 engineers (highly skilled professionals) down to 1,200 at the Leeds plant in the last 18 months, expected now to drop to 800 by the end of the year.  Giving those guys a Union flag and saying 'we have our country back' does not really cheer them up. No idea why.