Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 401082 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2016, 04:06:18 PM »
I think the first impact we'll see is a rapid rise in petrol prices as the currency fluctuations take bite :-(

Get yourself an electric car Ferret ,  or a bike .

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2016, 04:58:19 PM »
Well if we don't reach the playoffs next year we'll know what the cause is

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 24, 2016, 06:17:25 PM »
Well the GBP crashed althou later stabilise at the lower end, Some would say the market crashed but we did better than any other EU market today in what is been described as a remarkable turn around of the UK market begining the day with a crash of 8.7% to finish at only 2.82% fall compared to other EU markets which all fell between 6% and 13%

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2016, 07:46:46 PM »
And, shock horror, and as predicted by everyone who ticked "stay", the SNP have just announced they have begun the legislative process of a second independence referendum for Scotland, in which the Scottish people will emphatically choose to depart the union and remain a part of the EU.

Which, as I said earlier in this very thread, quite apart from being damaging economically, will necessitate an actual land border between Scotland and England and associated passport controls. Think about that for a moment.

Woo! We've got our country back! Well, bits of it anyway.

Let the Jocks do what they want, they are not that liking of us anyway. A Border between us both wouldn't be any big deal either.  We are better off without that Horrid Sturgeon trying to dictate to us,just toss her a caber when she wants to pop over and she can take flight on it like the witch she is .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 24, 2016, 08:39:09 PM »
Seriously,  what loss would Scotland be ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 24, 2016, 08:48:20 PM »
Well the GBP crashed althou later stabilise at the lower end, Some would say the market crashed but we did better than any other EU market today in what is been described as a remarkable turn around of the UK market begining the day with a crash of 8.7% to finish at only 2.82% fall compared to other EU markets which all fell between 6% and 13%

Not be long before most are saying "what was all the fuss about ".
Already fears that other countries will follow us ,  a good indicator that me may well have made the right decision .
Countries already making noises about being able to fix up deals with us .

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 24, 2016, 10:25:51 PM »
I wonder if Corbyn will become another casualty of all this. He was very much under the radar in what I thought was a pretty underwhelming Remain campaign. He has been eurosceptic in the past so I guess it could have been seen as disingenuous if he had suddenly come out as a massive europhile.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 25, 2016, 12:35:43 AM »
Boris seemed strangely subdued at the Vote Leave press conference earlier. It's almost as if he didn't actually expect Brexit to happen and only chose to campaign for it for the sake of him becoming PM one day. Perhaps October, with the UK on the edge of breaking up and the economy paralysed by uncertainty is not exactly what he had in mind...

Also, we're probably going to need to make some cuts. I damn well hope they start with the state pension.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 25, 2016, 08:03:18 AM »
Boris seemed strangely subdued at the Vote Leave press conference earlier. It's almost as if he didn't actually expect Brexit to happen and only chose to campaign for it for the sake of him becoming PM one day. Perhaps October, with the UK on the edge of breaking up and the economy paralysed by uncertainty is not exactly what he had in mind...

Also, we're probably going to need to make some cuts. I damn well hope they start with the state pension.

The debate on this board  has been going on for several weeks.  And that last statement is the most offensive I have seen.

First, let me state I do not receive a state pension.  But those that do, have PAID into the pension system, it is their right.

Also some collecting the pension fought for the right for you to speak freely.

What happened yesterday was the people of Britain saying enough is enough, not just pensioners as you are inferring.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:58:01 AM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 25, 2016, 08:28:01 AM »

The debate on this board  has been going on for several weeks.  And that last statement is the most offensive I have seen.

First, let me state I do not receive a state pension.  But those that do, have PAID into the pension system, it is their right.

Also some collecting the pension fought for the right for you to speak freely.

What happened yesterday was the people of Britain saying enough is enough, not just pensioners as you are inferring.

You have always been an arrogant little s**t and that last statement proves that.

Are you still at uni ?  If so, join the real world.

Sorry Ken, remove if you want, but that statement was out of order.

Well if I made the point too bluntly, apologies. It's a view based on more than just a knee jerk reaction to this outcome - the pension has been just about the one item of government spending to rise in real terms over the last six years, whereas everything else has been cut back. Given that age demographic tend to be richer than most, I think that is both indefensible and unsustainable and it should have been frozen in real terms. It's the grey vote that is dragging us out of the EU, yet they seem the ones who will have to deal with the consequences least - young people are utterly fed up with the legacy they are being bequeathed.

For the record, no, I've been working for two years. In a job which I'm not extremely worried about - because in the real world our economy is highly reliant on trade and cooperation with the continent that we have just decided to tear ourselves away from.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 25, 2016, 08:34:26 AM »

You have always been an arrogant little s**t and that last statement proves that.

No, you are out of order. Abusing someone because of their opinion - and saying "If so, join the real world"? Saying sorry doesn't excuse it.

The biggest age group to vote OUT, was those 65+.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 25, 2016, 08:56:48 AM »

No, you are out of order. Abusing someone because of their opinion - and saying "If so, join the real world"? Saying sorry doesn't excuse it.

The biggest age group to vote OUT, was those 65+.

WOW, how dare you take my post out of context.  It was the statement concerning the old age pension, and you know it was.

As I said, I do not receive a state pension.  But to wish for it to be cut is out of order.  These people have worked all their life and PAID into a fund to ensure they have something to live on when they retire.

I was out of order calling Adam and I will remove it.  But it does not change my opinion on the pension issue.

It is like going to a bank and wanting to withdraw your own money.  Only to be told sorry, but you can have some of it we are keeping the rest.  The state pension is a RIGHT, and not a gift by the government.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:22:56 AM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 25, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »
In all honesty I wasn't that bothered. Freedom of speech and all that.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2016, 10:16:33 AM »
The age breakdown of Brexit voters is based on UK wide, Not solely Lincolnshire of which we base so many of our personal opinions on.  Had we based the figures on Lincolnshire only, where the OUT vote was over 70% in many areas,you will find that many youngsters were also among these voters. Not everyone living in this County is over 65, aging and unable to consider our youth.
I considered everything i could, and voted to protect the future for our next generations.  Its my opinion of course, nothing more. But when i am among as i say, over 70% of this area's voters, then i think that those 30% who wanted remain should just accept defeat gracefully.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2016, 11:23:09 AM »
Statistics are being bandied about on the breakdown of the vote re age groups.
I can't recall seeing an age thing on my slip.
Secondly, apparently young people are moaning that older people have "taken their future"
I ask them "would you want to walk through a minefield first or second"?
We've been through it....