Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398295 times)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2016, 11:10:33 AM »
So tomorrow we will wake up in either a free democratic globally trading nation, or in an offshore province of a country called Europe...an historic day either way.

I'd be keen to hear a bit more detail for each section below on how a Remain vote means that we will not be.........

a)   Free

b)   Democratic

c)   Globally trading

d)   A Nation?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2016, 11:57:29 AM »
About the only thing I feel confident to  predict is that Turkey will be in the EU within 3 years .

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2016, 12:52:35 PM »
my granddad sed wen he was my age he had nothing evan the shoes he walked in were not his' he's allw ays on about the good old days, I think they were the dark age's I cant vote but if I could witch way would i  vote. and when I look at granddad he's better off than he'sever been.   the only good thing about the good old days he says he could buy fish an chips for 9pence. how far back you you go to buy them at that price god nows. as for jobs most are jobs the locals, don't want. as I say I cant vote but I do hope you people that can get it right' cus I don't want to loose my phone or my laptop and I don't want granddad riding about on a pushbike again

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 23, 2016, 01:03:10 PM »
About the only thing I feel confident to  predict is that Turkey will be in the EU within 3 years .

Eh? You're joking, I assume?

If not, then that was probably the first myth to be debunked during the campaign. Turkey are no closer to joining the European Union now than they were when they first applied in 1987. 1987!!!!!!

And anyone with even a tenuous grasp of the political situation in Turkey knows that they are about as likely to fulfill the criteria for membership in the next three years as I am to marry Beyonce.

And even if they did somehow suddenly turn into a state that could fulfill those obligations, we have a veto.

I can't believe that we are ACTUALLY VOTING TODAY and this stuff is still circulating as fact. I don't know why any the newspapers bother. I don't know why anyone actually bothered.

Unless you are joking, in which case... you got me.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 23, 2016, 01:09:08 PM »

I can't believe that we are ACTUALLY VOTING TODAY and this stuff is still circulating as fact. I don't know why any the newspapers bother. I don't know why anyone actually bothered.

My thoughts exactly, it's just bizarre.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2016, 01:13:57 PM »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 23, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »
I have voted, done and dusted.  One thing I am sure of, is which ever way it goes, nothing will happen tomorrow, next week or next year.

If by some chance we vote leave, we will find no difference to daily life for the immediate future.

Just speaking to my neighbour, and she said she has voted remain.  When I asked her reasons she said " I am so confused by what was said by both sides, I thought better the devil you know "  Perhaps too much information is a bad thing ???
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 23, 2016, 07:23:54 PM »
I have voted

Reading your posts on here I guess you voted out?

Just speaking to my neighbour, and she said she has voted remain.

You should of spoke to her before voting then you could of both not bothered  :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 23, 2016, 07:33:22 PM »
I have voted

Reading your posts on here I guess you voted out?

Just speaking to my neighbour, and she said she has voted remain.

You should of spoke to her before voting then you could of both not bothered  :)

HAVE!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 23, 2016, 09:03:46 PM »

Eh? You're joking, I assume?

If not, then that was probably the first myth to be debunked during the campaign. Turkey are no closer to joining the European Union now than they were when they first applied in 1987. 1987!!!!!!

And anyone with even a tenuous grasp of the political situation in Turkey knows that they are about as likely to fulfill the criteria for membership in the next three years as I am to marry Beyonce.

And even if they did somehow suddenly turn into a state that could fulfill those obligations, we have a veto.

Just based on the fact that Dave has assured us it wll not happen for 30 years .
Beware my mad predictions do sometimes come true .

One year before the last election I emailed David Wooding , Political Editor Sun On Sunday after he said on Sky News that  UKIP would not win a seat .   I predicted that they would and also Mark Simmonds would not  represent Boston & Skegness after the election .   He responded by  saying I was talking nonsense but would send me congratulations if I was correct and hoped I would respond in the same manner if he was correct .
I am still waiting for David,s congratulations .

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 23, 2016, 09:28:55 PM »

If the vote goes in favour of leave we will be free to make our own laws, and take decisions without having to worry about interference from the EU.
We can also set about removing most of the mountain of ridiculous regulations that the EU has inflicted on us,  keeping the good bits of course  :dan

We will be free of the threat of ever closer union with the EU, the inevitable TTIP leading to the loss of our NHS, and we can make trade deals on the global market without being held back by the EU trade deal process.

Anyone who thinks the EU is capable of change needs a chat with their local MEP.
The EU doesn't do change as Cameron might find out if he ever gets to apply his 'emergency brake'; the only braking that will occur is when it breaks off in his hand.
We keep hearing about staying in to fight for change, letting our voice be heard at the negotiating table, staying in the club, blah blah blah, but Juncker has already made it clear that Cameron will not get anything more than his recent 'deal' in which he achieved the cube root of nothing at all.

Accelerated  accession talks for Turkey begin on June 30th.  Its no coincidence that this has been delayed until after our referendum, Commisioner Sefkovic has promised us a "tsunami" of new EU legislation that has been held back deliberatly to avoid a negative effect on our voting.
Erdogan sacked the man who negotiated the refugee deal between Turkey and the EU and he will be playing hard-ball this time when they get around the table.  Visa- free access for everyone to Western Europe. 
Expect the 35 outstanding chapters that Cameron is always banging on about to be reduced to little more than 35 sentences.  Cameron has a team of UK Civil Servants working on fast-tracking Turkish accession and "paving the way to Ankara" as he put it;  theres a couple of paving slabs missing but be in no doubt, the Turk is coming.

Whatever the result this whole process has given us an insight into the personalities of our politicians, not a pretty sight in most cases...probably better leave it there before the thought police arrive and forensically examine this post   :police:  :dan

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 23, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »
No forensic examination needed, it's just bollocks.

But hey it's my opinion and I'm allowed it, unless the boo hiss nasty EU bogeymen take it away with their mythical EU army (of Turks) tooled up with ISIS sympathising brown faced baddies! Seen as we are run by them...

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:00 PM »
It looks like Remain have won so I'm going to get some sleep...at least l won't be tired and disappointed tomorrow morning   :'( ???

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2016, 02:44:50 AM »
2.30 in the morning and I am off to bed.

It looks like all the UK are voting to leave except Scotland and London.

A quick opinion. Just two areas are deciding the outcome with  massive remain votes in these areas with sheer volume of votes.  Good night
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 24, 2016, 04:58:27 AM »
Arise Sir Nigel.....