Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398361 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2016, 03:00:52 PM »
Big debate at Wembley arena tonight, live on TV.

This will clear a few things up if you are undecided ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2016, 04:45:09 PM »
The bookies have Remain to win easily at the moment. I suspect it'll be tighter than their odds suggest but at the last election they were more reliable than the pollsters, so I would expect the Remain lot to go charging in all guns blazing at Wembley tonight, full of confidence. Could get feisty.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »
The bookies have Remain to win easily at the moment. I suspect it'll be tighter than their odds suggest but at the last election they were more reliable than the pollsters, so I would expect the Remain lot to go charging in all guns blazing at Wembley tonight, full of confidence. Could get feisty.

One thing we can be sure of is, Claims and counter claims.  Spin working overtime.  Oh and the odd lie chucked in by both sides for good measure. >:(

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 21, 2016, 07:55:33 PM »

One thing we can be sure of is, Claims and counter claims.  Spin working overtime.  Oh and the odd lie chucked in by both sides for good measure. >:(

The only thing I,m sure of as a former Tory voter is that Cameron,s  integrity has took a battering and he is no longer fit to run the party .  A stay vote would make it more imperative that he is ditched as the EU diplomats will now see him for what he is , all wind , bluster and lies .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2016, 07:58:26 PM »
If you watch the whole of this video you may have a better understanding of what's involved in the decision.

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2016/06/16/watch-dishonesty-industrial-scale-eu-law-expert-analyses-referendum-debate/
United we stand..................

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 22, 2016, 02:23:52 PM »
A cracking debate last night.

I thought leave edged it, just.  Maybe I'm bias.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 22, 2016, 06:14:12 PM »
my final summary :)
1)we give them money and they give us some back to spend on things they tell us.
TROUBLE IS...I DON'T KNOW WHO "THEY" ARE ....
2) i voted "IN" for a 9 (i recall) member free trade agreement.........no mention of Parliaments, Commissions, Courts ..27 members
3) Spain/Ireland/Greece/Italy technically bankrupt..will the answer be to simply print more money?
4) what have Bulgaria/Romania/Hungary brought to the party?
5) will Turkey/Macedonia/Albania bring anything?
6) re the above...its been a great opportunity for big businesses to move their operations to these low income nations
7) why has Switzerland opted not to join the party?
8 ) there is talk of an EU army..........what!!!!!!!!!(The Times)
9) broadsheets saying all countries must be in Euro by 2020.......see 3)
10) what more have these faceless bureaucrats got lined up??
11) we import more than we export..why would they hit us with tariffs?
12) Europe is a 500m market place...the rest of the Globe is much bigger
13) name an MEP? (Other than Farage..whom i hope smug face will soon be off our tv's)
14) Britain is Great...get behind it!...its inventiveness, drive etc has seen us as a global player for centuries..do we want to be another state in a Federal Europe?
15) we are more than one star on another persons flag.......
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:17:37 PM by howmanynames2pick »

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 22, 2016, 07:21:40 PM »
The bookies have Remain to win easily at the moment. I suspect it'll be tighter than their odds suggest but at the last election they were more reliable than the pollsters.......

This article might explain why I think the bookies have it wrong for once, I expect a overwhelming out vote on a turnout of over 70%

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/564348

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 22, 2016, 07:57:37 PM »
As you may know the overall IN or OUT result is being declared at Manchester Town Hall on Friday. I work there, and there's a lot of disruption because of it. Security has been stepped up and tomorrow (Thursday) we have to vacate the building by 4-00pm. Police are then searching through all the offices and everything has to be left unlocked. Come Friday no staff are allowed to work in the Town Hall and we're all having to go to other council offices in the city centre. Many staff are taking an Annual Leave day and others are working on the count itself. Thank goodness we work a flexi-time system, coz the city has become markedly busier today, so I'm sure its going to be even busier over the next couple of days. My journey in took 20 minutes longer than usual today, so those working a rigid 9am-5pm will probably have to set out much earlier tomorrow and Friday than their used to. Anyhow, hope the result goes the way you favour - which hopefully is the best way for the country.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 22, 2016, 08:51:53 PM »
I hope you aren't taking any rubbers in (eraser types)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 22, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »
my final summary :)
1)we give them money and they give us some back to spend on things they tell us.
TROUBLE IS...I DON'T KNOW WHO "THEY" ARE ....
2) i voted "IN" for a 9 (i recall) member free trade agreement.........no mention of Parliaments, Commissions, Courts ..27 members
3) Spain/Ireland/Greece/Italy technically bankrupt..will the answer be to simply print more money?
4) what have Bulgaria/Romania/Hungary brought to the party?
5) will Turkey/Macedonia/Albania bring anything?
6) re the above...its been a great opportunity for big businesses to move their operations to these low income nations
7) why has Switzerland opted not to join the party?
8 ) there is talk of an EU army..........what!!!!!!!!!(The Times)
9) broadsheets saying all countries must be in Euro by 2020.......see 3)
10) what more have these faceless bureaucrats got lined up??
11) we import more than we export..why would they hit us with tariffs?
12) Europe is a 500m market place...the rest of the Globe is much bigger
13) name an MEP? (Other than Farage..whom i hope smug face will soon be off our tv's)
14) Britain is Great...get behind it!...its inventiveness, drive etc has seen us as a global player for centuries..do we want to be another state in a Federal Europe?
15) we are more than one star on another persons flag.......

Well said that man :bunny :bunny

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2016, 08:57:51 AM »
Today is the day that could determine the future for generations.

After a lot of debate, and valid points put by both sides, it is time to vote.

Remember to VOTE.

If you do not vote, you cannot complain about any policies implemented by either side.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2016, 09:43:43 AM »
Done, now sit and wait for the outcome. I'm not certain how close it will be but at least it might shake a few MP's up, and they certainly need that.
There's not one of them that's been on the TV crowing about what will happen that i would trust.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2016, 10:26:39 AM »
So tomorrow we will wake up in either a free democratic globally trading nation, or in an offshore province of a country called Europe...an historic day either way. 

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2016, 10:49:06 AM »
1/8 to remain, 5/1 to leave, with bet365.

I hope the bookies get it very wrong.

They were interviewing yesterday in Banbury, to a man they were voting to remain.  I hope it rains heavy in that area ;)