Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 400665 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
  When is dodgey Dave lying? Now or then?  I have tried to put a link up, but it does not work.  It is a link to Dave addressing the CBI.

He is talking about how well Britain would do if we left the EU.

Seems to have changed his mind ???

Cannot find the link, but this one explains to the don't knows why we should leave the EU  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0pwXLtvt2w
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 01:54:18 PM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2016, 09:46:34 PM »
Dodgy is lying now, he told the truth in February when he said that this country would flourish outside of the EU...what a difference a couple of months makes in politics  :police: 
I'll post a link below which explains whats going on - probably won't work on here but you never know,  its worth looking for on utube, watch the end bit about the USSR if nothing else  :police:  and the intro by the late great Sir Patrick Moore of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EokwQi15pO0.

It seems to work now  8)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:35:42 AM by Ed Kandi »

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2016, 08:02:38 PM »
This article written and signed by several German Professors, one an EU Law Barrister, blows Cameron's claims of renegotiating a new deal out of the water...makes you wonder why Boris and Gove are not using this stuff, unless they're worried about deselection  :police:27

April 2016 A critical view of the EU deal, from Germany to Britain:-

The EU is facing two unprecedented crises: a never-ending currency and economic crisis, and an unprecedented migration crisis which threatens the foundations of the welfare state and the long-term social stability of its member states.
 And, as so often, when the EU is facing problems created by premature integration, and no one knows what is to be done, Brussels, Paris and Berlin are responding not with plans for less, but for more EU integration. This is the message of the so-called Five Presidents’ Report which sets out the agenda for full-scale eurozone integration with important implications for the EU as a whole.

In the 1990s Britain, wisely decided not to join the common currency and she never became part of the Schengen ‘open borders’ regime. David Cameron has long called for fundamental reform of the EU. In February, with considerable political skill, he negotiated an EU-UK Agreement which confirms Britain’s opt-outs under the existing Treaties. In the circumstances this is probably the best deal that could be secured. But can the EU-UK agreement be the nucleus of much needed wider reform within the EU? Here we have doubts.

There are four principal areas to the UK-EU Agreement.
 First, the provisions on economic governance and competitiveness. They generally do not go beyond vague commitments and otherwise merely confirm the UK’s non-participation in the eurozone banking union and future eurozone bail-outs. The Agreement also provides some assurance to the United Kingdom that further eurozone integration will take account of the special position of non-eurozone EU members, although, in turn, the United Kingdom agrees to sincere cooperation in facilitating further integration within the eurozone. As for the promises to improve economic competitiveness and reduce regulatory burdens, one only has to look back at the launch of the EU’s Lisbon Agenda in 2000 which was aimed to transform the EU into “the most competitive and dynamic knowledge-based economy in the world capable of sustainable economic growth with more and better jobs and greater social cohesion by 2010.” As the year 2010 approached, references to the Agenda were progressively expunged from EU documents and websites, and it now primarily survives on Wikipedia and in fading memories. First, the provisions on economic governance and competitiveness. They generally do not go beyond vague commitments and otherwise merely confirm the UK’s non-participation in the eurozone banking union and future eurozone bail-outs. The Agreement also provides some assurance to the United Kingdom that further eurozone integration will take account of the special position of non-eurozone EU members, although, in turn, the United Kingdom agrees to sincere cooperation in facilitating further integration within the eurozone.

Second, there is the symbolically important declaration that the UK is not committed to ‘ever closer union’. However, there is not a single important judgment where the European Court of Justice has relied on this formula as the exclusive legal basis for driving EU integration, and it is difficult to see how, in practice, the UK could in future escape the uniform application of future judicial activism in the EU except in areas where the UK already enjoys pre-existing opt-outs.

Third, the Agreement envisages a legislative ‘red card’ for national parliaments. This is an innovation of potentially wider significance. However, it would only work if there were a mass revolt of national parliaments against their own majority governments.

Finally, the new ‘emergency brake’ would limit access to welfare benefits by EU migrants for up to four years for individuals and seven years in total. The ‘emergency brake’ could potentially save the UK Treasury a few hundred million pounds in total, but there will be administration costs and the net benefits are difficult to quantify at this stage. Further, there is an open question whether time-limited differential access to in-work benefits would, in the long term, significantly reduce EU immigration into Britain. Most EU migrants come to work and not, primarily, to claim benefits in Britain. Moreover, once non-EU immigrants are naturalised in Germany and elsewhere, there is nothing to prevent them from exercising their right to free movement and cross the Channel legally, not illegally. Thus, even if the United Kingdom is not part of the EU’s common asylum policy, no country will be able to escape its consequences.

We believe that the EU needs the United Kingdom and her voice of reason, all the more at present when almost everyone appears to have quit reason. Whether Britain needs the EU just as much, is a choice for the British people. 27 April The Agreement cannot do so because it does little to reform the EU and does not exempt Britain from the jurisdiction of the Court of Justice and the uniform application of its pro-Union approach to judicial decision-making.

Authors and signatories:
 Gunnar Beck, Barrister (EU law), Temple, London
 Charles Blankart, professor (economics), Berlin
 Gerd Habermann, professor (economics), University of Potsdam
 Hans-Olaf Henkel, MEP and former president of the German Federation of Industry
 Dietrich Murswiek, professor (public and EU law), Freiburg
 Alfred Schüller, professor (economics), Marburg
 Joachim Starbatty, MEP and professor (economics), University of Tübingen
 Roland Vaubel, professor (economics), University of Mannheim

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2016, 10:23:40 AM »
Osborne's tampon tax has gone tits-up allegedly  :o

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2016, 05:50:26 PM »
Osborne's tampon tax has gone tits-up allegedly  :o

He's putting it in the wrong place then  :)
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2016, 08:43:20 PM »
I was on holiday last week and was very surprised about he amount of people I spoke to that wanted to remain.

Most were quoting the bumf that is being put out about how we will return to the dark ages if we left.

Obviously they were not living in a small market town with the amenities for 50,000, and a population of ?????? a hell of a lot more.

I did see in one of the papers a spot the difference.  Two pictures of farmers campaigning to remain.  One picture was Surry farmers with a placard and the other was Kent farmers.  Guess what?  They were the same farmers. :o

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:49 PM »
Reading today that only two nations in the EU are net contributors UK and Germany.  The rest are benefactors.

Is this true?

If so no wonder the rest of Europe want us to remain.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »
Dodgy Dave telling us staying in the EU is the only way to get immigration figures down .
Has no one told him the alarming rate they have escalated in the last 6 years under his watch ?
Where have you gone wrong Dave ?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2016, 09:48:29 PM »
If it's out, will there be a limit of only 3 non English players per team again?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2016, 08:51:50 AM »
If it's out, will there be a limit of only 3 non English players per team again?

Dunno, but I am all for that.  This can only enhance the game at England level.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2016, 11:42:52 AM »
Cameron is guilty of an act of treason under the 1351 Treason Act and the Bill of Rights 1689, among other Acts passed by our sovereign parliament, according to Lord Kilmuir
Time he was fecked off into the tower along with his mate Osborne  :dan

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2016, 02:13:32 PM »
Cameron is guilty of an act of treason under the 1351 Treason Act and the Bill of Rights 1689, among other Acts passed by our sovereign parliament, according to Lord Kilmuir
Time he was fecked off into the tower along with his mate Osborne  :dan

After Dave,s performances on TV the last couple of days Vote Leave will feck him of before June 23 rd if he does,nt get his act together !!

Whatever the outcome of the vote , come June 24th we will be left with two parties in chaos both with a lame duck leader .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2016, 09:19:33 AM »
QUACK QUACK

Bannovallum Bill

« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2016, 10:37:30 AM »
It's out for me. Last chance for the British people to save their nation before the inevitable United States of Europe rules officially with the eradication of our British values and a distortion of history. Can see very dark times ahead for the next generations - but can they see it too?

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2016, 10:44:40 AM »

I too will be voting out,but i think the damage (immigration) is already done the british will be a minority when my children are older i fear.