Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 401623 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #975 on: January 17, 2019, 03:00:13 PM »
Wow Pete, not project fear then ??? ???

It's all out there if you care to look at the politics of leading Brexit supporters. Keep believing in unicorns if you like.

i do believe in Unicorns... just sold 6 for a birthday party :)

back in the 70's it was staunch left wingers who warned about entry ... now its only right wingers who want out (apparently)... when did it change?
the EU is a mess.. countries either broke or on their way to being broke and a few nations keep helping them up.. how long can this continue?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 17, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »

It's all out there if you care to look at the politics of leading Brexit supporters. Keep believing in unicorns if you like.

Not unicorns Pete >:(  My only regret is being naive enough to believe we live in a democratic Country. Well you are never too old to learn >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 17, 2019, 04:39:23 PM »

i do believe in Unicorns... just sold 6 for a birthday party :)

back in the 70's it was staunch left wingers who warned about entry ... now its only right wingers who want out (apparently)... when did it change?
the EU is a mess.. countries either broke or on their way to being broke and a few nations keep helping them up.. how long can this continue?

Italy on it's knees. Spain in chaos. Greece bankrupt. Portugal begging. Germany about to announce a recession etc etc. And we are cap in hand?? Come on Tories get a grip please they Need us!!

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 17, 2019, 06:36:14 PM »
If what Pete B wrote was Project Fear, what do you think Jacob Rees-Mogg and the rest of the ERG believe in?

Clearly not every person who voted leave has the same pro-privatization views as them, but I'm worried they might get control after Brexit. I voted remain not because I think being in the EU is any good, more that not being in it might be even worse.

And I think some left-wingers still do want to get out. Corbyn was anonymous during the actual referendum campaign - I assumed that was because he was a useless campaigner but the 2017 election showed that wasn't the case. I wonder if he would like to leave the EU even if he can't say so. If he ever became prime minister some of his interventionist plans might break EU state competition rules

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 07, 2019, 10:51:52 AM »
I'm going to hell  ;D ;D

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 07, 2019, 12:19:27 PM »
Tusk's "hell" comment was aimed at people who promoted Brexit with literally no plan for how to implement it, so thanks for just admitting you wanted Brexit without knowing what Brexit would actually involve. I've long suspected it, but nice to hear you actually confess to it. No shame in admitting when you've got things very wrong.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:20:59 PM by Pete B »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 07, 2019, 01:31:55 PM »
I am admitting nothing  ;) 

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 07, 2019, 03:32:31 PM »
Keep drinking the kool aid and telling yourself that :laugh:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 07, 2019, 04:36:48 PM »
He is arrogant.  One of my favourite conspiracy theories, when half the Polish government were killed in a plane crash.  He did not fly at the last minute.  He should have been on the plane.  A suspicious crash.  You drink the Kool aid Pete, and continue to back the most corrupt establishment in the world. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 10:35:29 AM by Dipdodah »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 07, 2019, 05:16:41 PM »
has what you've witnessed over the last few months/years think "wow this EU thing is great, count me in"?
or has what you've witnessed opened your eyes to the way it (the EU) it operates.
i see where Italy owes a trillion... they will never ever repay that, how can a nation be allowed to rack up so much debt
add to that the others where maybe they've overspent and over borrowed. i simply cant see how or when the books will balance.
its a good idea that got out of hand..
if only we had listened to the far left of Benn, Foot and Shore.. they told us in the 70's the way it would go.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #985 on: February 07, 2019, 11:04:45 PM »
It’s Tory boys Cameron and Osbourne that had no plan, they orchestrated the vote not the brexiteers. If I had my way there would never be another referendum on anything. We elect a government to govern end of.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 09, 2019, 04:34:31 PM »
Hell will freeze over before I change my mind on membership of the EU.  ;D

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 14, 2019, 06:36:35 PM »
I've lost the will to live :-[

The most incompetent bunch of politicians ever to represent the nation.

Pete, I've had enough :'(

We have another three months of this bull.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 15, 2019, 08:47:18 AM »
I've lost the will to live :-[

The most incompetent bunch of politicians ever to represent the nation.

Pete, I've had enough :'(

We have another three months of this bull.

I've got absolutely no idea what's going on, or how this is going to end. My suspicion is that we're either in for a very long extension as we start again from scratch, or no extension at all. I can't see what use another three months is - it's too short to achieve anything.

I will agree though - our politicians are beyond useless.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 15, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »
Its clear that our parliamentary system is broken, and 200 years out of date.  The legislature should be separate from the executive to avoid such chaos IMO, but we are stuck with it for the foreseeable, so will just have to make the best of a bad job   :police: