Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 400681 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #960 on: December 20, 2018, 01:00:21 PM »
A friend told me that Matty thinks that if his constituents voted again we would vote to remain.

Possibly Matt did say that Dip , from some of the stuff Matt tells me I think he's on another planet .

He ought to be, preferably the furthest one we know about!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 20, 2018, 07:14:52 PM »
A friend told me that Matty thinks that if his constituents voted again we would vote to remain.

Possibly Matt did say that Dip , from some of the stuff Matt tells me I think he's on another planet .

He ought to be, preferably the furthest one we know about!!

Nowhere near Pilgrim Hospital tonight in front of  BBC Look North camera , another crisis through underfunding .   A crisis at Louth hospital and Victoria Atkins MP within hours has the Town Hall booked and confronts the LNHS in front of her constituents .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 16, 2019, 10:20:32 AM »
Matty votes for Mays' deal.  The pre-planned  shambles continues.  We will not leave the EU.  You have got to admire the devious way MPs are pulling this together :(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 16, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »
Matty votes for Mays' deal.  The pre-planned  shambles continues.  We will not leave the EU.  You have got to admire the devious way MPs are pulling this together :(

Ah yes, it's all a massive conspiracy, and not just because everyone has their own opinion on what "Brexit" actually is....

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 16, 2019, 11:01:33 AM »
Left this thread alone but you are spot on Mick. It will now not happen and having voted out myself to be treated as an ignorant moron I will in future ignore democracy and do what is best for me and mine and will not give a fig about breaching Government rules and guidelines. Perhaps now the cretins can get on with important issues like privatising the NHS. Ignoring knife crime. Providing better quality cardboard boxes for the homeless to sleep in. Moving more swiftly to ensure prisoners are provided with large screen televisions and private phones in cells. Ensuring our borders are left open for all an sundry. And finally squeezing every penny out the elderly and ensure pensions will never be adequate to provide for heating and food.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 16, 2019, 12:44:18 PM »
Bloody hell Mel.  You're spot on.  Back from hols got that stinking cold you got.  I blame Brexit  ;)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 16, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »
Anyone reading page 17 of the Boston Standard this week will see a letter I have sent in response to Matt Warman Column in the previous weeks Standard .  In his column Matty heralded the Cons introduction of their 10 year plan for the NHS , of cause this was a convenient way of avoiding the subjects like Brexit , violent crime ,and the appalling CQC report on the struggling sections of Pilgrim Hospital due to chronic underfunding over the last few years .

As in the above letter I urge everyone to go on the SOS Pilgrim Hospital Facebook and read the clinicians investigations into to governments NHS plans for the future , alarming !!    As Mel predicts it is USA style  privatisation .  In years to come it will balance up with the present day tory introduced adage  "heating or eating " with  "medication or accommodation "  whereby our future generations will be selling their homes to pay hospital bills .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 16, 2019, 04:06:24 PM »
Left this thread alone but you are spot on Mick. It will now not happen and having voted out myself to be treated as an ignorant moron I will in future ignore democracy and do what is best for me and mine and will not give a fig about breaching Government rules and guidelines. Perhaps now the cretins can get on with important issues like privatising the NHS. Ignoring knife crime. Providing better quality cardboard boxes for the homeless to sleep in. Moving more swiftly to ensure prisoners are provided with large screen televisions and private phones in cells. Ensuring our borders are left open for all an sundry. And finally squeezing every penny out the elderly and ensure pensions will never be adequate to provide for heating and food.

Brexit is a right-wing power grab. Quite why people who clearly hate the Tories voted, in Brexit, for something that will make it easier for them to dismantle the welfare state and eradicate many of the hard-won rights of ordinary working people is beyond me. Hey ho.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 16, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
Anyone reading page 17 of the Boston Standard this week will see a letter I have sent in response to Matt Warman Column in the previous weeks Standard .  In his column Matty heralded the Cons introduction of their 10 year plan for the NHS , of cause this was a convenient way of avoiding the subjects like Brexit , violent crime ,and the appalling CQC report on the struggling sections of Pilgrim Hospital due to chronic underfunding over the last few years .

As in the above letter I urge everyone to go on the SOS Pilgrim Hospital Facebook and read the clinicians investigations into to governments NHS plans for the future , alarming !!    As Mel predicts it is USA style  privatisation .  In years to come it will balance up with the present day tory introduced adage  "heating or eating " with  "medication or accommodation "  whereby our future generations will be selling their homes to pay hospital bills .

Again. Brexit is a Conservative's absolute dream, because when we sign our spanking new trade deal with the USA they'll demand access to provide healthcare services and likely usher in a new era of for-profit insurance-based healthcare (perhaps not as bad as over in the States, but still much more expensive then the NHS now). And the Brexiteers, all of whom are the kind of free-market demagogues you're moaning about, will more than happily hand them that access.

Yet again - if you voted for Brexit, this is what you voted for. It's not rocket science. Why are you now complaining as if this is some kind of massive shock?

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 16, 2019, 05:37:43 PM »
I agree with Pete’s points, just to add that the subject of the tories and their privatisation plan for the NHS was discussed on this thread pre referendum, so nobody here should be surprised. You were warned.

Just in case anyone thinks a US style private healthcare system is a good idea, consider that they spend more subsidising their health service than any other developed nation. Despite this they still come out bottom for overall care amongst those nations. In the UK on the other hand, despite squeezing our spending massively and being one of the lowest spenders, we remarkby  come out close to the  top. The reason for this should be obvious, the US government is subsiding private profit. People like Rees-Mogg, Johnson etc will no doubt make plenty in kickbacks if we go down that path.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 17, 2019, 08:25:07 AM »
Exactly. The pro-Brexit crowd are pro-market, pro-small government, ultra-Thatcherites (even she would be appalled at what they're currently trying to pull off). That means cutting back all forms of the state - so they whip up the population into a frenzy about benefit scroungers, then the same people who vote them in are aghast when their pensions are cut, the local library closes, they find huge queues at their hospitals and wonder why crime starts going up.... even though they just voted in a party that is known for reducing the number of police stations and police.

We never learn, it seems.

If you voted for Brexit, you essentially voted for the dismantling of the NHS (the £350m lies are now well known), more expensive trips to the GPs and your healthcare farmed out to for-profit conglomerates, reduced workers' rights, smaller pensions, fewer police, reduced armed forces, rising levels of homelessness, fewer prison officers, less social housing.... the list goes on and on. Your beloved ERG leaders are all quite open about the kind of society they want post-Brexit, so again, none of this should be a shock.

Oh - and you also voted for more immigration, since a pre-condition of any trade deal struck with the Chinese and Indian governments will be millions of visas for their citizens. Still, they won't be coming to work the fields so at least there'll be fewer foreigners in Boston. Hope it was all worth it.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 17, 2019, 10:46:35 AM »
Wow Pete, not project fear then ??? ???

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 17, 2019, 01:46:35 PM »

Project Inconvenient Facts

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 17, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »

It's all out there if you care to look at the politics of leading Brexit supporters. Keep believing in unicorns if you like.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 17, 2019, 02:36:24 PM »
Any chance of Brexit looks likely to disappear over the weekend when they rule out the prospect completely by taking the WTO option off the table.  Once no deal is ruled out, anything else is at best Brexit in name only, and we could end up with the worst case scenario of actually staying in.  :o

"If your vote was worth anything you would never have been given it in the first place" 
This only applies if you voted to leave the EU of course.

We can only hope that the fall out from this whole elaborate charade is not too damaging; the army is on standby ready to quash any signs of civil unrest,  looks like game set and match to the EU Project, God help us all  :o
Jean Monnet's corpse will be cartwheeling in his grave :police: