Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398356 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #930 on: December 11, 2018, 11:40:47 PM »
47 letters in to the 1922 committee plus a memo from Matt Warman, allegedly  ;) :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 12, 2018, 07:51:06 AM »
Peoples Vote???
Er what was the referendum?
My voting slip only had two options in and out..

Yes, and it is for precisely that reason that there's a decent chance that this will end up back with a second referendum. Everyone has a different idea of what "out" actually means. I wasn't sure another vote was a good idea, but if Parliament can't sort out the impasse then it's only right this goes back to the people to give politicians a popular mandate going forward - i.e., do we REALLY want to crash out with a no-deal? There's no mandate for it in Parliament, so another vote is the only way this will get through. So really, if that's what you want, you should actually be looking forward to the vote, not complaining about it. The ONLY reason you're worried about it is because you think the "will of the people" will suddenly change to stick with what we have based on the available choices of "out". Democracy eh?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 12, 2018, 12:17:47 PM »
47 letters in to the 1922 committee plus a memo from Matt Warman, allegedly  ;) :police:

The Tory party already had a vote to make a decision regarding their leader. Why do you want to undermine the first vote with a second one?  8)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 12, 2018, 12:19:27 PM »
The mandate was given by the 2016 vote, Cameron repeatedly stated that we would leave the whole thing, no mention of leaving but only with 'the best possible deal for the British people'.
May gave away our bargaining power, conceded on everything to arrive at a deal so bad that hardly anybody wants it.  It was no accident, she needs to go.

We need to either extend A50 for 6 months, or go out under WTO in a managed no deal arrangement while the Canada + deal that the EU offered us in March this year is ratified. 
:police:
No need for another referendum, the will of the people was made clear in the first one.   8)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 12, 2018, 12:22:26 PM »

The Tory party already had a vote to make a decision regarding their leader. Why do you want to undermine the first vote with a second one?  8)

Nothing to do with what I want. At least 15% of Tory MPs have no confidence in the PM, and they will  vote on her future this evening  :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 12, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »
Oh right, so it's fine for the Tories to have a change of heart, but you'd not want the same opportunity extended to the public so they can decide between no deal, May's deal or remaining then, now we know what the options actually are? If crashing out on WTO terms really is "the will of the people", surely you'd welcome it? Someone's worried....  ;D

Also, you've again misunderstood how the whole process works. May's deal is the terms of our departure, NOT the actual trade deal with the EU (that's the Canada + thing you refer to). The trade deal will take years to work through after our departure. I don't know how many more times I have to say this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:41:22 PM by Pete B »

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 12, 2018, 06:42:46 PM »
Look all you regular posters on in or out you all waffle on worse than the politicians it's soo boring!!

Cameron lived by the sword & died by it....end of.

It has to be a Brexiteer to get us out not a remoaner....end of

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 12, 2018, 06:51:25 PM »
As Cameron said, the referendum is a once in a lifetime choice. If you vote to leave we will leave the Single Market, customs union, and ECJ (or words to that effect) and no mention of with or without a deal.  :police:

Also no mention of:  OK if you vote to leave and we then spend the next two and a half years talking about 'crashing out over the cliff edge and into the no deal abyss' on all the mainstream media outlets in order to prevent that even being thought about as an option. And while all that's going on work secretly on giving away our bargaining power and coming up with the worst possible deal, and running the clock down in order to force a situation where we can ask you if you've changed your mind yet... no I really don't remember him saying that.  :police:

On the other hand every member of the Government knows the rules regarding votes of no confidence in the PM and the 1922 committee, so your comparison is incorrect  :police:

As I've said before, I always thought that Parliament would vote down a leave vote in the referendum, it wasn't a binary choice at all, just an elaborate charade.  The public have been conned  :police:

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 12, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
Look all you regular posters on in or out you all waffle on worse than the politicians it's soo boring!!

You're quite right Chubby  :o. I'm going out for a couple of cold ones!  ;D

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 13, 2018, 08:26:03 AM »
Matty toes the party line and votes for May in her vote of confidence.

Once again the Tories prove they are more interested in self preservation than good of the Country.

You can imagine the conversation, May, " Back me tonight and back my Brexit plan and I will resign before the next general election.  Giving us a better chance of winning."
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 13, 2018, 09:45:44 AM »

You are right Champs .   
Then again this is a football forum ,  and what happens on a football forum ?
Well most of us have never managed or played the game for a living but we come on here and tell the chairman/manager/players how to go about their business .

How many of us on this thread have actually negotiated international £multi billion deals ?

Only politicians would be stupid enough to insist you lay your key cards on the table for the party you are negotiating with to see .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 14, 2018, 01:16:54 PM »

You are right Champs .   
Well most of us have never managed or played the game for a living but we come on here and tell the chairman/manager/players how to go about their business .

How many of us on this thread have actually negotiated international £multi billion deals ?

Only politicians would be stupid enough to insist you lay your key cards on the table for the party you are negotiating with to see .

What we have witnessed over the past two years, has been a choreographed pantomime played out by two lead actors.

1, A remain dominated UK government

2, The EU

They have colluded to create this fiasco, in order to brainwash people into believing it's too difficult to leave.  It's propagana and lies.

If The UK leaves totally, the EU regime will fail.

The very powerful vested interests are fighting with everything they have.

The public are being hoodwinked and we can do nothing about it.

Everything has already been decided, still more smoke and mirrors to come.

What a waste of time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 01:19:19 PM by Dipdodah »

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 15, 2018, 08:46:11 AM »

Also, you've again misunderstood how the whole process works. May's deal is the terms of our departure, NOT the actual trade deal with the EU (that's the Canada + thing you refer to). The trade deal will take years to work through after our departure. I don't know how many more times I have to say this.

No misunderstanding there.  If we exit under WTO rules we don't need a withdrawal agreement, we just GTFO as I said in my first post on this thread in early 2016.
We will glide down to a gentle landing,  trading on WTO terms, and will manage whatever disruption occurs by using our £39 billion for the benefit of the UK public.  There should be enough to build a few hospitals, and even buy a couple more of those red buses  :police:
The EU will be begging us for a trade deal when the German car manufacturers start using their financial leverage.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 15, 2018, 08:53:12 AM »

You are right Champs .   

What we have witnessed over the past two years, has been a choreographed pantomime played out by two lead actors.

1, A remain dominated UK government

2, The EU

They have colluded to create this fiasco, in order to brainwash people into believing it's too difficult to leave.  It's propagana and lies.

If The UK leaves totally, the EU regime will fail.

The very powerful vested interests are fighting with everything they have.

The public are being hoodwinked and we can do nothing about it.

Everything has already been decided, still more smoke and mirrors to come.

What a waste of time.

I couldn't agree more Dipodah, excellent summing up of possibly one of the biggest scams ever played out in history. There's several contenders, but this one's right up there :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 15, 2018, 09:10:46 AM »
What worries me now Ed is another referendum looks on the cards. 

: STAY IN THE EU

:VOTE FOR MAYS' CRAP AND VERY DAMAGING EXIT PLAN

Two options, neither of which we voted for >:( >:(