Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398299 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #915 on: December 06, 2018, 10:06:59 AM »
Legally speaking, we will still be leaving in March next year with or without May's disastrous deal.
It will be interesting to see the reaction when the legislation is passed to stop the no deal option, and the penny finally drops with the 17.4 million people who voted to leave, that the whole thing was just a massive piss take  :o

I doubt there's time to get that kind of legislation passed before the end of March, so A50 will simply have to be extended while we sort out what we do when May's deal is rejected next week.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 07, 2018, 01:30:56 PM »
The CEO of Weatherspoons backs Brexit saying with it will come cheaper drink .

Mrs May will reveal this Tuesday morning and walk away with a big majority !  :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 07, 2018, 04:05:23 PM »
The CEO of Weatherspoons backs Brexit saying with it will come cheaper drink .

Mrs May will reveal this Tuesday morning and walk away with a big majority !  :)

Well if there is going to be a party at the brewery let's hope it is not organised by any of the tossers in parliament or it will never happen.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 07, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »
There's no negatives with cheaper ale  :laugh: but May's deal is going down, so who knows how this will end.
The Brexit Betrayal Rally on Sunday is probably just the start :'(

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »
Another bad Saturday for Minority Matt ,  Friday last week he had his "open" meeting at Skeggy to discuss EU,  not many minutes after closure on his twitter he declared it a good meeting ,  did  10 in attendance   think the same ?

Last Saturday he continued his campaign at Boston High School with an attendance of about 40+ ,  7 days on and he has yet to exclaim his satisfaction or any comments on the meeting on his twitter !

And now Amber Rudd coming up with this Norway Plus Model !  what does poor Matt do now ?

I think it's fair to say this Model would be unacceptable to the 75% Brexit voters in his constituency .

Worrying times for Matt ,  does he follow to his trusted route and stick as PMs trusted poodle and reject
this model ?   , along the way upsetting the majority of his constituents .  Being a versatile MP (non-commitial ) he will I suspect lay low and and avoid comment .

Next Saturday ?   rule nothing out .  Possibly the PM will be gone , Amber Rudd will be favourite to replace
her and Matt will have performed yet another somersalt by backing this new  "Model ".

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 08, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »
They are already taking measures to ensure a seamless transition from Remainer Prime Minister May to Remainer Prime Minister Rudd, so that we remain in the Single Market, etc and continue with freedom of movement. So in other words Brexit in name only.
Rudd is already saying that the immigration question is no longer relevant due to reduced levels, in fact she dismisses it completely.  :police:

This is the MP that took the rap over the then Home Secretary Theresa May's disastrous Windrush/hostile environment policy that resulted in the illegal deportation of people who had legitimate rights to reside here.

A few months out of office and she's reinstated to the cabinet and now a shoe-in for the top job.

This has to be stopped as she is just another Europhile who has no interest in ensuring a proper Brexit. 

GHM, you are spot on about Matt Warman.  I'm convinced he will be supporting Norwegian Rudd as soon as this all emerges, possibly as early as next Wednesday.  :police: :police:

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 08, 2018, 12:55:40 PM »
Going on Warman's  twitter on a regular basis in recent months it's surprised me how poor his PR is considering he is a former DT journalist .  Roughly a fortnight ago I was amazed that he used a local foodbank for  a photoshoot on twitter , although yesterday it had disappeared .   I assumed it was just another appalling misjudgement on Matt's part .

Today a family member has sent me a copy of todays Mirror ,  as readers of this paper will have seen by now the foodbank photoshoot was an instruction sent to MPs from the top office , realising what an own goal it was they instructed all MPs to remove it. 

Concerning that the top brass make an appalling error which I condemned a lame duck MP of making .

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 10, 2018, 10:49:04 AM »
The Brexit vote pulled  ???  :o

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 10, 2018, 11:40:51 AM »
The Brexit vote pulled  ???  :o

Not even this corrupt lot would do that Ed.  But take us out in name only, now they will be up for that >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 10, 2018, 12:07:28 PM »
Yes, she's been working towards that since the day she said ' Brexit means Brexit'  :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 10, 2018, 04:52:06 PM »
The Commons vote has been postponed ( surprise surprise )  The Eu have said that is the only deal on the table. 
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 10, 2018, 05:47:34 PM »
A constitutional crisis  :o. with Ian Duncan Smith saying this country could soon be burning like France  :'(  and the Maybot reopening negotiations with the EU on the backstop part of the withdrawal agreement. 
Both parties said last week that negotiations had finished  :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 11, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »
A constitutional crisis  :o. with Ian Duncan Smith saying this country could soon be burning like France  :'(  and the Maybot reopening negotiations with the EU on the backstop part of the withdrawal agreement. 
Both parties said last week that negotiations had finished  :police:

There's nothing the EU will give her that will placate the Brexiteers - I can't see any outcome from this that ends with her remaining as PM. We are at complete deadlock now.

In many ways, I think the best course of action now is to have a pro-Brexit PM take over. They won't manage to do any better at extracting concessions from the EU than May, but at least we can rid ourselves of the absurd notion that a pro-Brexit leader would have done a better job before this ridiculous situation is sent back to the people via a General Election (or second referendum).

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 11, 2018, 11:32:12 AM »
Weatherspoon's boss touring his Lincolnshire pubs today is still declaring he backs Brexit .
Surely we should listen to a man who can organise a good piss up as opposed to 600+ MP,s who wouldn't be capable of running his business .

Anyone in Weatherspoon's in Boston today hoping to see the boss come over and have a word with me , 

I'm the guy leaning  up the bar with a empty pint glass.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 11, 2018, 06:11:54 PM »
Peoples Vote???
Er what was the referendum?
My voting slip only had two options in and out..