Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398331 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #900 on: November 30, 2018, 10:11:41 PM »
Matt appears to be satisfied with his Skeggy gig tonight .

My mole from Skeggy informs me the attendance was exactly 10 (ten) + Matty and one of his underlings .

Looking at his twitter photo taken tonight the good news is there will plenty of tea and coffee available at Boston tomorrow if I am lucky enough to get admitted . :)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #901 on: December 01, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »
Sam Gyimah's resignation statement would make interesting breakfast reading for our MP.
The 10th resignation, but the reasons given for this one are an indication of our future treatment if we sign away our sovereignty at the behest of the Maybot and her band of servile underlings/MPs.

The UK paid £1.2 billion towards the development of the Galileo project (replacement for the American GPS system).
According to Sam Gyimah, the now ex-Minister for Science and Technology, the ink was barely dry on the EU's signing off on May's deal when they told us that we would not be able to access the secure network which is necessary for our armed forces.
He said that this was a perfect example of how they will hammer us at every opportunity, and of course they are not going to refund the £1.2 billion.

Enough to make Matty choke on his porridge.  :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: December 01, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »
Ed, it was obvious that this is the treatment we will receive.  A dangerous game is being played.  I am afraid the electorate are falling for it hook line and sinker.

We will have a new referendum, I am sure of this.

1, Accept the Chequers deal

2, No deal

3, No Brexit

This will split the voters who voted for leave.  Project fear is well and truly in gear.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: December 01, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »
I got admitted to Matts gig this afternoon , plenty of tea and biscuits and bullshit .
Hand it to Matt today he got his basic plan right ,  a large hall with  bad acoustics and an audience top heavy with old farts on the verge of deafness , and no PA system .  When a respected member of the audience spoke loud enough for people to hear Matt responded by asking him not to shout .

I think Matt had an answer for all the questions , fortunately there was always someone in the audience to explain to him what a load of nonsense he was talking .

I expressed to several present my dismay of having voted tory for about 60 years then at a vital time in our history we are lumbered with a LAME DUCK MP.   I suspect he is now feeling the vibes of dissatisfaction and probably senses there are 2/3 locals who fancy stepping in his shoes.

From personal experience I know Matt is not receptive to constituents who contact him and express concerns and needs of his more vulnerable constituents . But nonetheless it was  a shock when a constituent who has received national acclaim for outstanding work revealed to me some of her mail to Warman is not responded to .

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 06:43:24 PM by green hats mate »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: December 01, 2018, 07:20:52 PM »
Did you go in disguise GHM?  I take it he will back 76% of his constituents. 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: December 01, 2018, 09:05:39 PM »
Did you go in disguise GHM?  I take it he will back 76% of his constituents.

No I did't go in full disguise Dip ,  I had a green fleese jacket and jumper given me last christmas so I went in those and headed straight  to the his underling , requested a free tea and biscuit and explained I was an observer from the Green Party and had no problem .

One gentleman noted that Matt had started out as a remainer , changed to out , was he likely to change his mind again ?       No response .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 04, 2018, 08:27:51 AM »
What has the Government got to hide?  I totally agree that Parliament must vote on any outcome concerning the Brexit withdrawal agreement.  But to have a proper debate and vote they must know all the facts.  The Attorney General must release the full legal agreement, not a 50+ page summary.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 04, 2018, 09:33:35 AM »
What has the Government got to hide?  I totally agree that Parliament must vote on any outcome concerning the Brexit withdrawal agreement.  But to have a proper debate and vote they must know all the facts.  The Attorney General must release the full legal agreement, not a 50+ page summary.

Couldn't agree more. It's outrageous the Government is hiding this advice.

As for Warman, it appears to me that he's a classic career politician who is simply out to further his own career and parrot the party line because he'd love a cabinet position.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 04, 2018, 03:46:56 PM »

As for Warman, it appears to me that he's a classic career politician who is simply out to further his own career and parrot the party line because he'd love a cabinet position.

Unless he "crosses the floor", in a few months time he will only be eligible for a role in a Shadow Cabinet! What a shambolic mess.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:56:25 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 04, 2018, 05:45:13 PM »

Unless he "crosses the floor", in a few months time he will only be eligible for a role in a Shadow Cabinet! What a shambolic mess.

Utterly hilarious that this idiotic Tory Government is going to somehow let Corbyn become PM. He's crap and won't last, but it just sums up how awful this lot are. The worst government in living memory.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 04, 2018, 06:25:30 PM »
Bloody hell Pete, we've agreed on two things  ;D

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 05, 2018, 08:02:25 AM »
A new record was set yesterday.  The Government was defeated three times in one session.  Taxi for May?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 05, 2018, 09:51:02 AM »
A further nail in the coffin of no-deal. Interesting to see Tories turning on the extreme Brexiteers in the Commons yesterday - I think the penny has finally dropped.

So it's either May's deal (which is crap) or no Brexit at all (although the path to the latter will likely involve a General Election and/or a second referendum). That's the choice.

Again: not really worth it was it?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 05, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
Talking to a shrewd old business man ( true blue ) before the vote.  He told me that even if the brexit vote wins, we will still be in the EU.  He said we will go back renegotiate and a new deal put to the people. >:(

My reply from two years ago.  Looking more and more likely.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 05, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
Legally speaking, we will still be leaving in March next year with or without May's disastrous deal.
It will be interesting to see the reaction when the legislation is passed to stop the no deal option, and the penny finally drops with the 17.4 million people who voted to leave, that the whole thing was just a massive piss take  :o
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:03:29 PM by Ed Kandii »