Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398421 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #885 on: November 28, 2018, 08:02:47 PM »
Mark Carney makes his pitch:-

annual interest rates up to 6.6%,
the pound dropping 25%,
official borrowing costs up to 5.5%,
"Our job is not to hope for the best but prepare for the worst"

He seems to have cranked his previous predictions up a bit now it's called Project Vote  :o

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 28, 2018, 08:39:31 PM »
Mark Carney makes his pitch:-

annual interest rates up to 6.6%,
the pound dropping 25%,
official borrowing costs up to 5.5%,
"Our job is not to hope for the best but prepare for the worst"

He seems to have cranked his previous predictions up a bit now it's called Project Vote  :o

Project Guesswork I think Ed, like all projections made on the subject there no historic evidence to base the outcome on .  If any of us were clever enough to forsee the true merits of in v out instead of revealing it on a football forum we would be investing to build a futune .

I would give Mark the benifit of the doubt with the 6.6% interest rate , impliment it tomorrow Mark .

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 08:41:48 PM by green hats mate »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 29, 2018, 09:24:42 AM »
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the chambers of Westminster.  Peerages being offered, bribes and corruption, all to toe the party line.  I have lost all faith in our political system.

We are treated like mushrooms ( kept in the dark and fed on Sh*t ) >:( >:(
[/quot

I suspect a fly on the wall overheard the followng conversation last night .....

Mrs May ,  I hear you fancy my job Andrea ?
Mrs Leadsom  ,   Yes I confess I would love to have a bash at it .
Mrs May ,   Back my Brexit deal and the job is yours in few  months time.
Mrs Leadsom .  Deal done PM ,  thank you .

Mrs May ,   Don't forget to hand me a £300 a day thank you bonus  for the Lords please Andrea .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 29, 2018, 03:26:06 PM »
We are DOOMED :o :o  The IMF has joined the debate.  House prices will crash, interest rates will go through the roof and the pound will plummet.  Vote leave and the fires of hell will envelope the whole country.  The Stay campaign are trying to scare the public into voting in their favour.  The trouble is some of the don't knows will vote stay just because of the fear factor.

Nothing changes, my post from May 2016. 
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 29, 2018, 08:12:19 PM »
We are DOOMED :o :o  The IMF has joined the debate.  House prices will crash, interest rates will go through the roof and the pound will plummet.  Vote leave and the fires of hell will envelope the whole country.  The Stay campaign are trying to scare the public into voting in their favour.  The trouble is some of the don't knows will vote stay just because of the fear factor.

You weren't wrong!!

Cameron must lie awake wondering why on earth he threw a prime ministership & an entire career away by giving the British public a Referendum. Let's be brutally honest here did any of us fully understand the implications of a Leave Vote????

The Farage, Boris & Gove fantasy of an idealistic crusade that would halt immigration, secure borders & give us our legal integrity back was absolute codswallop the sold millions upon millions of voters right down the proverbial swanny!!

We would immediately save £350 million & it would all go to the NHS & not Brussels....please spare us the embarrassment. In fact a no Deal is going to cost us 35 billion over the next 5 yrs....Good eh?? We should Never had got to vote on it. We were Turkeys voting for Christmas.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 29, 2018, 08:54:53 PM »

Anyone going to Matts gigs at Skeggy on Friday or Boston on Saturday ? .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 30, 2018, 08:27:56 AM »

Remember, if you go along to this, don't just tell Warman that May's deal is crap. That's pointless sniping. You need to tell him WHY it's crap, and also what better deal YOU would have negotiated had you got the chance. Otherwise you're just moaning, talking the country down and betraying the will of the people.

Good luck!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 30, 2018, 08:43:01 AM »
Did anyone see the programme about Oxford street last night?

I saw a new insight into British policing.  It seemed their objective was a short term fix.

Three shop lifters/pick pockets were arrested.  Two were released immediately and the other released later in the day.

Next day the three were arrested again, this time one did get a 11 week suspended sentence.

The point I am making is, the officer in charge classed it as a result because they got them off the street for the day.

One of the people robbed was an 80 year old woman.  Surely a tougher  stance is needed to deter these scum.  Oh sorry it would infringe on their Human rights.  May's wonder deal involves us still being tied to the European court of Justice.

Tell that to the poor 80 year old woman >:(
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 08:59:53 AM by Dipdodah »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 30, 2018, 09:58:43 AM »
The policing you've described above has absolutely nothing to do with the EU whatsoever.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 30, 2018, 10:35:50 AM »

Remember, if you go along to this, don't just tell Warman that May's deal is crap. That's pointless sniping. You need to tell him WHY it's crap, and also what better deal YOU would have negotiated had you got the chance. Otherwise you're just moaning, talking the country down and betraying the will of the people.

Good luck!

I got to get in to the meeting first ,  I'm not sure if I am still on a red card.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 30, 2018, 11:07:34 AM »

Good luck!

I got to get in to the meeting first ,  I'm not sure if I am still on a red card.

You got banned?! Hahaha. What happened? C'mon, fess up....

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 30, 2018, 11:55:48 AM »
The policing you've described above has absolutely nothing to do with the EU whatsoever.

If you saw the programme Pete, you would see it had everything to do with the EU.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 30, 2018, 12:22:14 PM »

He knows my views already so I'll let others have their say.

WTO rules in a managed, completely non-chaotic, non-cliff edge, no-deal situation while we renegotiate to remove the back-stop, and  arrive at a Canada-style arrangement.

We were already offered a Canada+ deal which was what Davies was working on. Olly Robbins held back details of the existing technology so the idea was binned but could easily be put back on the table.
Robbins has a lot to answer for.  He also removed a unilateral back-stop opt out clause from the latest attempt at a deal.  He thought it would overcomplicate the negotiations... anything for an easy life for Mr Robbins  :police:

brummie exile 1960

• View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 30, 2018, 08:22:45 PM »

You weren't wrong!!

Cameron must lie awake wondering why on earth he threw a prime ministership & an entire career away by giving the British public a Referendum. Let's be brutally honest here did any of us fully understand the implications of a Leave Vote????

The Farage, Boris & Gove fantasy of an idealistic crusade that would halt immigration, secure borders & give us our legal integrity back was absolute codswallop the sold millions upon millions of voters right down the proverbial swanny!!

We would immediately save £350 million & it would all go to the NHS & not Brussels....please spare us the embarrassment. In fact a no Deal is going to cost us 35 billion over the next 5 yrs....Good eh?? We should Never had got to vote on it. We were Turkeys voting for Christmas.

My first post on this subject. I am not a turkey. I despise politicians. I would offer solutions that would be described as draconian. One look at May is to know a chancer when you see one. One look at Johnson is to behold an over-educated idiot. One look at Corbyn is to disbelieve the existence of present reality.
b

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 30, 2018, 09:05:42 PM »
One look and listen at our Matty and you realise we have a man on a mission ,  a mission to please his masters   .