Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398335 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #870 on: November 26, 2018, 01:08:01 PM »
Don't worry folks all will be sorted on Saturday ,  don't miss Matty and his  Brexit drop in session at Boston , time and venue still secret . :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:09:35 PM by green hats mate »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 26, 2018, 01:35:56 PM »
No probs.  I am sure he has our wellbeing and concerns top of his priorities  ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 27, 2018, 08:25:17 AM »
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the chambers of Westminster.  Peerages being offered, bribes and corruption, all to toe the party line.  I have lost all faith in our political system.

We are treated like mushrooms ( kept in the dark and fed on Sh*t ) >:( >:(

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 27, 2018, 10:52:04 AM »
You should have a chat with Mat Warman Dipodah, he might shed some light on the mushroom situation  :police:
11.30 to 1.30 at Boston High School this Saturday the 1st Dec, or 5.0pm to 7.0pm 30th Nov at Skegness County Hotel.
He's still backing the Maybot allegedly  :-\ :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 27, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »
Just changing the subject slightly, looks like Thatcher is going to be the face on the back of the £50 note.  Will not bother me, I am lucky to see a £5 note :D

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 27, 2018, 08:54:03 PM »
Just changing the subject slightly, looks like Thatcher is going to be the face on the back of the £50 note.  Will not bother me, I am lucky to see a £5 note :D

It's not the point though. That woman instrumented the demise of anyone non capitalist. Such a right wing abolition of working class integrity!!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 28, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »

It's not the point though. That woman instrumented the demise of anyone non capitalist. Such a right wing abolition of working class integrity!!

It was tongue in cheek.  She was like Marmite, you either hated her or loved her.  With very good reason I was in the former camp >:(

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 28, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »

It was tongue in cheek.  She was like Marmite, you either hated her or loved her.  With very good reason I was in the former camp >:(

She should be the face on toilet rolls evil witch.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 28, 2018, 10:11:10 AM »
So we all hate Thatcher, but are merrily supporting a clean break from the EU that will allow the ultra-right wingers the freedom to finish what she started and decimate the working class in areas still reeling from de-industrialisation?

Okay.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 28, 2018, 11:17:50 AM »
You couldn't make this stuff up  :o
Project Fear has been rebranded Project Vote, and they are re-running the same lies we had in the referendum campaign.
Treasury forecasts, a report from Mark Carney later today, and that will no doubt be followed by the CBI, the IMF, Uncle Tom Cobley and anyone else they can get to weigh in with some anti-Brexit propaganda.

We had the vote in 2016.  We were told of the possible economic problems of No Deal over and over again in fine detail, but 17.4 million people gave the government an overwhelming mandate to take us out.
On my ballot paper it was either leave or remain, there was no mention of leaving, but only if we get 'the best possible deal for the British people'. That was spun into the political rhetoric as soon as May got into No 10 and this whole process of conning the British public out of what they'd voted for began.
She's lied through her teeth for 2+years and now she is going against an unopposed vote in the House of commons by not publishing the final and full legal advice on her deal given by the Attorney General.
Spending taxpayer's money on overturning a democratic process, unbelievable the sooner she's kicked out the better  :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 28, 2018, 11:48:42 AM »

She should be the face on toilet rolls evil witch.

I couldn't have put it better myself  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 28, 2018, 12:10:06 PM »
Project Fear has been rebranded Project Vote, and they are re-running the same lies we had in the referendum campaign.
Treasury forecasts, a report from Mark Carney later today, and that will no doubt be followed by the CBI, the IMF, Uncle Tom Cobley and anyone else they can get to weigh in with some anti-Brexit propaganda.

We had the vote in 2016.  We were told of the possible economic problems of No Deal over and over again in fine detail, but 17.4 million people gave the government an overwhelming mandate to take us out.
On my ballot paper it was either leave or remain, there was no mention of leaving, but only if we get 'the best possible deal for the British people'. That was spun into the political rhetoric as soon as May got into No 10 and this whole process of conning the British public out of what they'd voted for began.
She's lied through her teeth for 2+years and now she is going against an unopposed vote in the House of commons by not publishing the final and full legal advice on her deal given by the Attorney General.
Spending taxpayer's money on overturning a democratic process, unbelievable the sooner she's kicked out the better  :police:

If she's kicked out, there's a good chance you won't get any Brexit at all as no-one will support a "no deal" exit. The EU may be willing to make a few more minor concessions to another leader, but nothing significant - to all intents and purposes this is as good as it gets given the reality of the situation. I honestly don't know what you were expecting to happen once the fantasies and delusions of ardent Brexiteers crashed into how the real world works.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 28, 2018, 12:18:30 PM »
So we all hate Thatcher, but are merrily supporting a clean break from the EU that will allow the ultra-right wingers the freedom to finish what she started and decimate the working class in areas still reeling from de-industrialisation?

Okay.
Its a funny old game this politics lark....
Back in the day staunch left wingers voiced there thoughts on entering the EU.
Listen to speeches by Tony Benn Peter Shore and Michael Foot...
Watch them on youtube...
As a "young progressive" i thought they were daft... (nb i never thought they were xenophobic racist bigots #gammon!)
Now its apparently the ultra right who want us out ;)

Yugoslavia is an interesting example of various nations/creeds/cultures being ruled by one government...

Mind you if being lead by an unelected  drunk who cant sort a  pair of shoes out is your kind of democracy then you are welcome to it....
As we were warned by the above guys in the 70's and didnt listen maybe the youngsters whose 'lives we have ruined" may see it differently in the future..

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 28, 2018, 04:54:54 PM »

If she's kicked out, there's a good chance you won't get any Brexit at all as no-one will support a "no deal" exit. The EU may be willing to make a few more minor concessions to another leader, but nothing significant - to all intents and purposes this is as good as it gets given the reality of the situation. I honestly don't know what you were expecting to happen once the fantasies and delusions of ardent Brexiteers crashed into how the real world works.

Way back on this thread, early in 2016,  I said that it was effectively an In/In referendum as it would be voted down in the House of Commons.  Since then I've watched the whole elaborate charade being played out.  Brexit means Brexit, no deal is better than a bad deal, etc, but now, after she's purposely run the clock down, we find that the deal on offer is far worse than staying in as it leaves us in a state of permanent vassalage to the EU.
Hopefully it will be voted down by a massive majority and May will walk. 
Trouble is there's so many spineless career politicians being worked on at the moment, it could well be only a small majority.  If this is the case May will stay on and we will get another referendum IMO. We will be asked to vote for either May's deal, or to remain, and by this time the reality of how bad May's deal really is will have sunk in.

Best case scenario is if my 2016 prediction is proven to be wrong.  May goes, we get a PM who actually wants to leave, and we leave on 29th March under a managed no deal arrangement while negotiations continue along the lines of a Canada style deal.  The talk of 'the negotiations being over, take it or leave it' is just patronising crap from May, Robbins, and their EU buddies.
Negotiations are only over until they start negotiating again, everything is agreed until nothing is agreed, and by 12th December nothing will be agreed.  :police:

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 28, 2018, 07:42:56 PM »
I love the idea that a ‘true believer’ PM could negotiate a better deal with the biggest trade bloc in the world. They’re not even capable of negotiating the writing and delivery of 48 letters by their fellow headcases.  ;D