Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398466 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #855 on: November 16, 2018, 07:23:20 PM »
She said yesterday that she had the full support of her Cabinet.  More lies by a person who has messed up every job she has been involved with.

You're right Dip , not long now to go .     Have you speculated yet on who will succeed her ?    Put your pension on Gove ? 

Any odds available yet on potential leaders .

20/1 Mr Corbyn GHM  got 2 b worth a fiver lol

You never listen to my financial expertise Champs ,   put your fiver on Gove !

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 16, 2018, 10:40:12 PM »
Dominic Raab  4/1 fav in places

Dominic ‘I didn’t realise how important the Dover to Calais trade route is’ Raab?  ;D  ;D

Looks like yet again Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg and their fellow ERG fruitloops have failed to get enough letters in to force a leadership contest. Is there a more ridiculous group of individuals in political history? Constantly sniping from the sidelines - never proposing any sort of alternative. Constantly saying they have the numbers to bring down Theresa May and implement their (non existent) alternative - constantly failing to do so... All bluster and bravado from a bunch of vacuous cretins who history will (rightly) judge very harshly.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 16, 2018, 11:41:20 PM »
"Is Theresa May being a bit rubbish?"
The opening Newsnight question tonight to a passerby on St. Botolph's bridge, bizarrely with the Viennese Waltz playing as background music.  John Sweeney then pounced on a couple of guys, equally bizarrely carrying a piece of scrap metal pipe, and asked the same question.
The verdict was 'yeah she is a bit rubbish as she hasn't done what she promised'.
It was possibly the most patronising piss take of our home town since they rolled into town with their referendum campaign show.  The one where they shipped in an audience of remainers to give the answers they wanted.
The star turn from tonight's show was the goggle-eyed Matt Warman who stated his commitment to the Maybot and her doomed Chequers deal.  After all the feedback he'd received on the streets even John Sweeney had the decency to look perplexed at the irony of it all  :o

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 17, 2018, 10:37:31 AM »
Pilgrims 0 - 2 Port.

Think you're in the wrong thread...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 17, 2018, 12:48:12 PM »
We know for a fact that Matt Warman has not written a letter to the 1922 committee yet, despite 75 percent of our constituency voting to leave.
If ever there was a time to lobby your local MP it is now, so just follow the link in hm2mp's post earlier in this thread and fire off an email... he may well be a career politician, but there's no career if you don't get voted back in at the next election, which could be fairly soon if it all goes tits up  :police: :police:

And the local population are getting exactly what they voted for!! We're leaving the EU! What else are you after?? Why are you so unhappy? You won.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 17, 2018, 01:48:57 PM »
You still think that we will be leaving?
Its not something you can Google so maybe the penny hasn't dropped yet regarding the end-game.  Anyway I've got a football match to watch so I'll leave it with you  :police: :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 17, 2018, 07:18:57 PM »
I am in Ireland at the moment.  General opinion among the Dublin taxi drivers is we will not leave. They also cannot believe how weak we are.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 20, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »
Please listen to this ;D ;D ;D ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKu7-cLxvf0  please beware it has some swearing.  Sent to me from a good friend from Ireland.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 20, 2018, 12:14:25 PM »
I knew you'd come round to be pro-EU in the end.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 20, 2018, 12:39:41 PM »
 ;)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 26, 2018, 08:17:21 AM »
All signed, done and dusted. ???

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 26, 2018, 09:15:40 AM »

Ahh, but the dust hasn't settled yet, there's still plenty of hot air around to cause a few clouds.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 26, 2018, 10:06:03 AM »

Ahh, but the dust hasn't settled yet, there's still plenty of hot air around to cause a few clouds.

Yep

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 26, 2018, 10:31:31 AM »
"Under this deal we are locked in the EU's customs union, we are forced to accept EU laws with no say in the making of those laws. We are prevented from doing free trade deals, and we are about to hand over £39 billion for nothing in return"

If you could somehow get a truth drug into the Maybot this is what she would say. But it can't be done so we face two weeks of her robotic lips moving before the meaningful vote.

So all done and dusted, no wonder the EU are celebrating, we have capitulated on everything and this country has been sold out.  If this gets through parliament May will go down in history as a traitor and our worst ever PM, and we will be the laughing
stock of the world, probably already are...  :o :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 26, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »
Of course it's a terrible deal - it was always going to be far worse than simply staying in. But it wouldn't have mattered who you put in charge of the negotiations - this was the best deal anyone was ever going to get from the EU. It cannot be renegotiated anyway, so I would forget about Rees-Mogg riding to the rescue. The ardent Brexiteers would have fared no better had they been in charge from the off anyway.

As repeatedly stated elsewhere, there is no democratic mandate nor a Parliamentary majority for "no deal". This is as good as it was ever going to get. Not really worth all the hassle was it?

Of course, May's deal will not get through Parliament, so I wouldn't worry too much about being trapped in it. I have absolutely no clue where we go from here. An extension to A50 while we try and sort this mess out presumably, but what happens after that I have no idea.