Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398207 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #825 on: October 25, 2018, 01:42:34 PM »
Only the most wilfully delusional person would even attempt to disagree that this is the most wretched, shambolic Government in living memory, stuffed full of disgracefully ignorant charlatans blundering on with absolutely no idea what is going on beyond the walls of whatever 1922 meeting they've convened today. At this rate, Corbyn and Abbott is exactly where we're headed. God help us.

I'd honestly rather put Steve Evans in charge than this lot or their dismal alternatives.

has he put his name forward? he did for most other jobs :)
maybe eyeing up Sturgeons position  (no euphemism intended)

Haha. You know what he's like. "I had an offer to become President of the United States but I decided to stay here and finish the job at Peterborough"

48hrs later - announced as President of Argentina

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 05, 2018, 08:53:42 PM »
Interesting poll tonight,  Brexit what the Nation really thinks on Channel 4.  54% remain 46% leave.  About the same as the exit polls predicted two years ago.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 07, 2018, 07:00:57 PM »
'A bad deal is better than no deal' now according to Theresa May...shortly to be followed by 'Brexit means Remain'... and your local MP is backing the PM all the way.
GHM you were right, Mr Warman appears to be quite happy with Mrs May and has no intention of representing the 75% who voted out by getting his letter in to the 1922 committee :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 08, 2018, 12:49:59 PM »
'A bad deal is better than no deal' now according to Theresa May...shortly to be followed by 'Brexit means Remain'... and your local MP is backing the PM all the way.
GHM you were right, Mr Warman appears to be quite happy with Mrs May and has no intention of representing the 75% who voted out by getting his letter in to the 1922 committee :police:

"No deal" would require significant investment in the border and customs infrastructure at Boston Docks, the construction of which should have commenced months ago to meet the March 29th deadline. Be a lamb: pop your head in and let us all know how the work is coming along?

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 09, 2018, 05:51:36 PM »
Another minister resigns, appalled at the prospect of May's proposed deal.  Another Johnson, but this one was a Remainer, and there's bound to be a few more come Monday.
So it looks like WTO rules will apply... I'd better check out the state of the 'border and customs infrastructure' at Boston Docks ready for the big rush for the exit/entrance  ??? There's going to be plenty of room there for a couple of portakabins and a tardis; May has just 'negotiated' away the UK fishing rights before we've even got them back, allegedly.
The main Dover to Calais route is already sorted.  According to the French they only need 8 weeks to get the infrastructure in place, and this side operation stack is a tried and tested way of dealing with any border delays. 
So after two years of fannying around talking about non existent  deals we are back to what we voted for in the first place, to leave the EU... a binary choice according to Cameron, but I won't be holding my breath  :police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 13, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »
The EU are ramping up the pressure on May.  Again, today they have released a doomsday type document, marking out what will happen to the UK if there is a No Deal.  With a leading ( remain ) Tory saying today, that May's  proposed Chequers deal will give up more sovereignty than we get back, the words " sold down the river " comes to mind. >:( >:(

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 13, 2018, 10:36:05 PM »
As Boris said, 'the fix is in', the elaborate charade continues!
The EU posture/negotiate while project fear, funded by Soros etc, goes into overdrive and thousands of brain washed social media trolls are unleashed on the unsuspecting British public.  Combined with the mainstream media onslaught, the net result is that people are terrified of the no deal WTO option.
The 'negotiations' appear doomed but miraculously, at the last minute, the EU agree a triple backstop deal once May has conceded on every conceivable front.  A deal which will leave the country in permanent vassalage to the increasingly German dominated EU Gulag.

Three days after the hundredth anniversary of the ending of the Great War,  May appears with her 'deal'.  Like Chamberlain waving his 'peace our time' document just before the Second World War broke out.
So now she can offer the choice of no deal, or her really bad Chequers deal against the backdrop of a constitutional crisis with Corbyn being asked by the Queen to form a government, or the civil unrest caused by a second referendum.
Job done for May.
She has her seat reserved on the EU gravy train.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 13, 2018, 10:59:27 PM »

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 14, 2018, 07:07:22 AM »
GHM I remember this time last year we had a great debate on the future of BUFC, predominantly concerning you making a valid case for the club to be relegated? I'm sure u will revisit those posts, and you will find that you regularly posted on here; that our club would cope better financially in the Evo Stik Premier, than in the Conference? More often than not u come up with hypothetical assessments of some future club accounts that in actual fact are totally irrelevant as only the Chestnuts would have any say in. How ever any of us fans dress it up, The Chairman & Manager are doing their up most to get us back in the Division above!
Regarding the financial hypothesis that we would come straight back down, it's nonsense. GHM u state most of the club's I listed in the Conference are so much better off than us logistically & financially....seriously? Let's go with Solihull Moors, Gateshead & Maidstone.
We don't need to discuss Solihull crowds, sponsorship etc, ok Midlands catchment area, no money though....6/7th in league? Gateshead: good catchment area, in the recent Wembley play off season home crowds under 600?? Always sniffing around play offs. No major investment ?? Maidstone, Phoenix club, starting from scratch after FL not easy, worked with some of their fans, they were split on climbing Kent league's 2 quick?? They are holding their own though on a shoestring! 
Only DN knows what sort of investment would go into the coffers if we were promoted. Finally if the Chairman didn't want to take us Up he would have been gone by now, not building us a New Stadium.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 14, 2018, 01:42:18 PM »
Perhaps May used rock paper scissors ;D like the ref on the other post.  We will find out in time ;D

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 14, 2018, 08:04:47 PM »
GHM I remember this time last year we had a great debate on the future of BUFC, predominantly concerning you making a valid case for the club to be relegated? I'm sure u will revisit those posts, and you will find that you regularly posted on here; that our club would cope better financially in the Evo Stik Premier, than in the Conference? More often than not u come up with hypothetical assessments of some future club accounts that in actual fact are totally irrelevant as only the Chestnuts would have any say in. How ever any of us fans dress it up, The Chairman & Manager are doing their up most to get us back in the Division above!
Regarding the financial hypothesis that we would come straight back down, it's nonsense. GHM u state most of the club's I listed in the Conference are so much better off than us logistically & financially....seriously? Let's go with Solihull Moors, Gateshead & Maidstone.
We don't need to discuss Solihull crowds, sponsorship etc, ok Midlands catchment area, no money though....6/7th in league? Gateshead: good catchment area, in the recent Wembley play off season home crowds under 600?? Always sniffing around play offs. No major investment ?? Maidstone, Phoenix club, starting from scratch after FL not easy, worked with some of their fans, they were split on climbing Kent league's 2 quick?? They are holding their own though on a shoestring! 
Only DN knows what sort of investment would go into the coffers if we were promoted. Finally if the Chairman didn't want to take us Up he would have been gone by now, not building us a New Stadium.

Your on the wrong thread Champs ,  would have been more appropriate if you had sent these comments on previous threads of yours .

26th Feb 20 2017 .  Champs .  "Keep faith till the end of the season , Adam will take us up next season "  ADAM  IN .
Oct 21st  2017        Champs .  "A new manager must be brought  in before we get cut adrift "                  ADAM  OUT .

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 14, 2018, 09:20:08 PM »

Your on the wrong thread Champs ,  would have been more appropriate if you had sent these comments on previous threads of yours .

26th Feb 20 2017 .  Champs .  "Keep faith till the end of the season , Adam will take us up next season "  ADAM  IN .
Oct 21st  2017        Champs .  "A new manager must be brought  in before we get cut adrift "                  ADAM  OUT .

Beautiful dodge GHM. Do U want me to re-post some of your assertions from last November; stating clearly that Relegation was a much better option than Promotion. If this response has took U all day ok. But please respond to my factual evidence of clubs on lower budgets thriving in the league above us.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 14, 2018, 09:45:15 PM »
If you  think a team in the NC can survive on gates of 600 gates without a massive input of money from a donor I give up .
Simple maths tell you a net gate of £6k will not cover the weekly overheads never mind pay players wages .
I've only done business with proper money,  never ever played monopoly .

We need you on the Brexit thread ,  far better at finance than Mrs May  ;)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:54:19 PM by green hats mate »

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 15, 2018, 09:26:21 AM »
Another one bites the dust, Raab gone  :police:

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 15, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
Hopefully May will follow along with the Chequers arrangement  :police: