Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398305 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #810 on: October 22, 2018, 07:49:33 PM »
[quote ]
Just listening to the current commons debate on our E chaos:  It's a parallel process with a international football match! They are playing well rehearsed short, crisp, passing football with a couple of decent strikers who are running rings around us. We keep humping long hopeful balls; no direction or plan.... they just mop everything up & their two centre half have cigars on. We are 3-0 down heading for a humiliating defeat & our manager is heckled & to scared to change tactics in the second half. ORDER Lol.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Brilliant
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 22, 2018, 07:53:56 PM »
The number of letters to the 1922 committee is very close to the 48 required to trigger the vote of no confidence in the Prime Minister, (allegedly).
The question is, has Matty Warman sent a letter yet?  Considering a large majority voted to Leave in his constituency, and May is hell-bent on keeping us in, in all but name, then he should have sent a letter by now.
If ever there was a time to contact your local MP it is now, before it's too late...the time for Therexit has arrived!  :police:

I am still waiting to get responses from letters sent to Matt 9 months ago .  To be fair Ed I suspect all in Westminster realise  Matt is an exponent of follow the leader .  Completly lacking in balls and would get torn to shreds debating against any of the heavy weights .  Not cut out for serious politics in my opinion .
Yes, you may be right GHM, but despite Matty's prospects of becoming one of the bigger political beasts being on the low side (I'll take your word on that as I haven't met him yet), he is still our local MP and should be representing the view of the majority of us who voted out. 75% voted to leave, the highest out vote in the country, so we need to lobby him to make sure he's writing that letter IMO.
If he's dithering around not knowing what to do, a bit of lobbying from the locals could persuade him to get his pen out, and that one letter could be the 48th that leads to the removal of May... democracy in action!  :police:

Yes I know Matt well Ed ,  that's why I will not bother to lobby him ,  if he wrote a letter he would put it out of context .   Speaking from experience here .
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 07:55:58 PM by green hats mate »

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 22, 2018, 08:12:35 PM »
i actually had cause to contact our 5 MEP's last Friday night
(a recommendation from the trade body i belong to.. wont bore you with the reasons)
we apparently have 4 !
the Tory lady was the first with an automated reply later that night
the Labour came in with an automated response this morning
i'm guessing the two Ukip ones and the Tory guy are not tech savvy as i have received nothing as yet.
pop your postcode into this link and see who they are
https://www.writetothem.com/?fbclid=IwAR1RfrdYUS_gYQuwVyQFQogWnxevGS23qZYRIMn4VJklJIG70sJDYCiGmVU

It only took a couple of minutes and my letter is on its way, thanks hmn2p  8) 
A link that could help get us out of this Maybot/Robbins-induced mess, and back on track to a Brexit resembling the Brexit that 17.4 million people voted for :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 23, 2018, 09:54:26 AM »
I'm sure you know far more about the subject than Davies, Mogg, and Boris do  :laugh:
Why not put yourself forward for the vacancy?

Therexit is getting closer so why not get your emails, letters, phone calls in to Matty Warman and help tip the balance in favour of the Brexit you voted for! :police:

My local MP is Vernon Coaker.

And yes, I suspect I actually do know more about the process than all three of them because I'm not nailed down to some ideological fantasy. But it's not hard: you only have to spend a few minutes Googling simple facts and you'll be better equipped than those preposterous caricatures.

;D ;D  Sorry Champs, this one's even funnier  ;D ;D
Pete the keyboard trade negotiator  ;D

You know Boris Johnson quite literally put his fingers in his ears and said "lalalalala" when civil servants told him uncomfortable truths, right?

David Davies - THE MINISTER FOR BREXIT - didn't know Germany can't sign a bi-lateral trade deal with us after Brexit.

Jacob Rees-Mogg doesn't know anything except a few Latin phrases.

John Redwood knows less about international trade than my cat.

And these are the people you're pinning your hopes on. LOL.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 09:56:59 AM by Pete B »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 23, 2018, 03:47:31 PM »
I'm sure you know far more about the subject than Davies, Mogg, and Boris do  :laugh:
Why not put yourself forward for the vacancy?

Therexit is getting closer so why not get your emails, letters, phone calls in to Matty Warman and help tip the balance in favour of the Brexit you voted for! :police:

My local MP is Vernon Coaker.

And yes, I suspect I actually do know more about the process than all three of them because I'm not nailed down to some ideological fantasy. But it's not hard: you only have to spend a few minutes Googling simple facts and you'll be better equipped than those preposterous caricatures.

;D ;D  Sorry Champs, this one's even funnier  ;D ;D
Pete the keyboard trade negotiator  ;D

You know Boris Johnson quite literally put his fingers in his ears and said "lalalalala" when civil servants told him uncomfortable truths, right?

David Davies - THE MINISTER FOR BREXIT - didn't know Germany can't sign a bi-lateral trade deal with us after Brexit.

Jacob Rees-Mogg doesn't know anything except a few Latin phrases.

John Redwood knows less about international trade than my cat.

And these are the people you're pinning your hopes on. LOL.

Who would you be prepared to pin you hopes on Pete ?   
Can't see anyone fit ,  about 75% in Wesrminster have treated it as a game , they should hang their heads in shame

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 24, 2018, 10:37:12 AM »
Since no-one in government appears able or willing to front up and admit the truth - that we can't leave the EU on the 29th of March because we haven't got time to build the necessary infrastructure - then I think we need a general election to sort out this absolute mess.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 24, 2018, 02:00:10 PM »
Since no-one in government appears able or willing to front up and admit the truth - that we can't leave the EU on the 29th of March because we haven't got time to build the necessary infrastructure - then I think we need a general election to sort out this absolute mess.
anarchy :)
you named some names in an earlier post and i agree
however
The thought of Corbyn and Abbot (Diane not Brad) anywhere near power is even scarier.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 24, 2018, 03:35:33 PM »
anarchy :)
you named some names in an earlier post and i agree
however
The thought of Corbyn and Abbot (Diane not Brad) anywhere near power is even scarier.

Only the most wilfully delusional person would even attempt to disagree that this is the most wretched, shambolic Government in living memory, stuffed full of disgracefully ignorant charlatans blundering on with absolutely no idea what is going on beyond the walls of whatever 1922 meeting they've convened today. At this rate, Corbyn and Abbott is exactly where we're headed. God help us.

I'd honestly rather put Steve Evans in charge than this lot or their dismal alternatives.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 24, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »
We are  DOOOOOMED ;) ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 24, 2018, 05:57:22 PM »
On the in or out theme; but relating to the Conference North. Why don't we all have a wild guess at how many more seasons it will take us to get back into the Conference?

I will kick it off with....This Season, we will win the Play off final.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 24, 2018, 06:22:48 PM »
On the in or out theme; but relating to the Conference North. Why don't we all have a wild guess at how many more seasons it will take us to get back into the Conference?

More chance of Brexit being resolved! 8)

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 24, 2018, 07:19:51 PM »

Does that mean you think we will never get a promotion then Ernie?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 24, 2018, 07:43:57 PM »

If Chestnuts go we may struggle to retain a place in NLN

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 25, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »

Not this season I don't, we haven't had a settled squad, too many personnel changes for my liking.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 25, 2018, 12:54:42 PM »
Only the most wilfully delusional person would even attempt to disagree that this is the most wretched, shambolic Government in living memory, stuffed full of disgracefully ignorant charlatans blundering on with absolutely no idea what is going on beyond the walls of whatever 1922 meeting they've convened today. At this rate, Corbyn and Abbott is exactly where we're headed. God help us.

I'd honestly rather put Steve Evans in charge than this lot or their dismal alternatives.

has he put his name forward? he did for most other jobs :)
maybe eyeing up Sturgeons position  (no euphemism intended)