Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398428 times)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #750 on: September 22, 2018, 07:40:19 PM »
Can't see a problem with Matt Warman. He had the choice we all had, and voted remain.  When he realised that the majority in his constituency wanted to leave, he decided that he should represent their views.
Its a pity some other MPs haven't done the same thing, Soubrey, Hammond etc

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 22, 2018, 08:54:09 PM »
Can't see a problem with Matt Warman. He had the choice we all had, and voted remain.  When he realised that the majority in his constituency wanted to leave, he decided that he should represent their views.
[/quote 
Pete is correct on this one , Matt fears upsetting the party bosses ,  always puts constituent needs last .

Like Geo & Dodgy Dave he always reminded us pre referendum that a leave vote would leave the economy in tatters within months .

Always tries to avoid the word Brexit .

One to watch for the top table ?......Victoria Atkins ,  (Horncastle & Louth ).

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 22, 2018, 09:26:25 PM »
He's now representing the way his constituency voted, whereas before he was following the party project fear agenda.
Despite May's instructions Hammond appears to be doing his best to stop Brexit, although his constituency voted out. The majority of his constituents are rightly pissed off by his antics... I imagine the same applies to the other MPs like Soubrey, who have the patronisingly arrogant opinion that their constituents were too thick to know what they were voting for. 

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 24, 2018, 04:59:16 PM »
I do not know about you lads, but I am sick to death of Brexit

I am sick of the EU and their mightier than thou approach to it.

I am sick of the BBCs very bias reporting on the issue.

I am sick of people coming out of their holes demanding another referendum ( why did they not vote in the first place, because it was bloody raining in London )

I am sick of the doomsday predictions

I am sick of Carney predicting the end of the world ( should he not be steadying the ship not trying to rock it? )

I am sick of local farmers bleating on about who's going to pick the crops.  Well who bloody picked them before foreign labour undercut the local workforce?

What I am really sick of, are the people who will not take the yes vote as the result because it does not suit them.

Before I get a comment about if I am that sick I should see a doctor, that's where I have been all day.  Not feeling well and now taking it out on my Patter pals ;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 05:59:12 PM by Dipdodah »
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 24, 2018, 05:22:49 PM »

I am sick of people coming out of their holes demanding another referendum ( why did they not vote in the first place, because it was bloody raining in London )

I am sick of Carney predicting the end of the world ( should he not be steadying the ship not trying to rock it? )

I am sick of local farmers bleating on about who's going to pick the crops.  Well who bloody picked them before foreign labour undercut the local workforce?

What I am really sick of, are the people who will not take the yes vote as the result because it does not suit them.

Before I get a comment about if I am that sick I should see a doctor, that's where I have been all day.  Not feeling well and taking it out on my Patter pals ;)

I guess you didn't get the Irish border sorted then when you was there on holiday dip  :)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 24, 2018, 06:08:06 PM »

Before I get a comment about if I am that sick I should see a doctor, that's where I have been all day.  Not feeling well and taking it out on my Patter pals ;)

I guess you didn't get the Irish border sorted then when you was there on holiday dip  :)

I blamed the Guiness for the visit to the doctor, then the hospital then back to the doctor.  :D :D.  The feeling in Ireland is that they are afraid for us to leave.  They do not want us to go. ( well the half a dozen in the bar where I drank ) :D  They feel it would be bad for Ireland, being as we are a net contributor.  Perhaps this is the main reason the EU wants us to stay.  My mate in Ireland said what happened before they joined the EU?  It was an open border.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 24, 2018, 09:16:29 PM »

I blamed the Guiness for the visit to the doctor, then the hospital then back to the doctor.  :D :D.  The feeling in Ireland is that they are afraid for us to leave.  They do not want us to go. ( well the half a dozen in the bar where I drank ) :D  They feel it would be bad for Ireland, being as we are a net contributor.  Perhaps this is the main reason the EU wants us to stay.  My mate in Ireland said what happened before they joined the EU?  It was an open border.

Hope u r feeling better soon Dipdo!! I am equally disalussioned  as U. Come on what an Eton Mess! I blame Cameron for calling it....did he even contemplate a Leave Vote....not a chance!! Did he want to belittle the so called Mayor of London his ex Eton cell mate Boris the Brexiteer....Yeah. So when 56% of the UK vote out the bluff is truly called. I mean did any single voter in Bostonshire who voted out understand trade tariffs, single markets, hard borders or international freedom of trade agreements....I strongly suspect a NO there  because none of our so called politicians Do. The hypocrisy that accompanies this shambles from the likes of Gove....Johnson....Rees Mogg....May....Corbyn....Cable & so on is priceless. The EUROPEAN  Union won't budge a 16th of an inch....Chequers was an afterthought from a bunch of sycophant Remainers. Deal or no Deal.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 24, 2018, 11:05:52 PM »

You started it!   ;D

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 25, 2018, 10:06:37 AM »

Let's say there's another election and out of all the mess we end up with some kind of Tory-led coalition and the new PM says "we're gonna cancel Brexit", I reckon Warman would just go "yeah, we're gonna cancel Brexit!", regardless of what people on Boston actually voted for. That's my point.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 25, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »

Ed ,  if Matt is fighting our corner we are doomed .

youngchubby69

« Reply #760 on: September 30, 2018, 08:29:19 AM »
I don't normally comment on politics as I think they are all on the take and in it for themselves.
As my late Grandfather would say "they all piss in the same pot boy".
I really don't think the average man will see much change to their lives and business people will always find a way to do business with each other, that's what they have done for centuries.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: October 02, 2018, 09:21:40 AM »
Theresa May's decided to go for a non-discriminatory immigration policy going forward that doesn't favour people from the EU, but merely judges people based on skills.

And therein lies the crux of the issue: no-one from the UK wants to pick cabbages around Boston, and farmers can't afford to pay people from the UK enough to make the dismal work enticing enough.

So we'll need foreign labour regardless - it's just now more likely to come from somewhere else, e.g South East Asia or Africa, because they'll do the work for even LESS than the eastern Europeans. Which I imagine is going to go down really, really well with all the local "send 'em home" types.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 02, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »
Why would they come from so far away?
You are either skilled or you are not??
Doesnt Australia amongst others use a points system??

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 02, 2018, 10:50:28 AM »
Why would they come from so far away?
You are either skilled or you are not??
Doesnt Australia amongst others use a points system??

Who do you think picks fruit in Australia? It isn't Australians - and the labour they use for that kind of work is not covered by a points system. It's seasonal labour covered by temporary visas. That's exactly how it will end up working here.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 02, 2018, 11:37:28 AM »
Theresa May's decided to go for a non-discriminatory immigration policy going forward that doesn't favour people from the EU, but merely judges people based on skills.

And therein lies the crux of the issue: no-one from the UK wants to pick cabbages around Boston, and farmers can't afford to pay people from the UK enough to make the dismal work enticing enough.

So we'll need foreign labour regardless - it's just now more likely to come from somewhere else, e.g South East Asia or Africa, because they'll do the work for even LESS than the eastern Europeans. Which I imagine is going to go down really, really well with all the local "send 'em home" types.

Being born in a farming community I saw this local labour problem evolve .  Basicly the workers protested with their feet and walked away sick and tired of having to graft hard to buy a bike while the farmers drove around in Jags .