Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398338 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2016, 04:37:21 PM »
Get out your pilots helmet GHM, scramble, scramble, you old Spitfire pilots will soon be needed. ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2016, 10:42:51 PM »
I'm back, after a cancer operation that went badly wrong and a near death experience. However, I am fit enough to vote out on referendum day. After serious consideration, I stick by every word in my previous post, but I can think of a downside which we must be prepared to face. Some small European importers may not wish to buy our products if the EU impose tariffs against us. In turn, we can retaliate buy imposing tariffs of our own and a short tariff war may occur. Sadly, this may result in the loss of jobs for a small number of our citizens. With a heavy heart for those few, I stand buy my intention to vote out, because I believe that we will quickly regain our sovereign status and become a major exporter on the World stage. My opinion is based on a considerable period of studying facts and seeing the reality of the situation, and ignoring the silly comments made by politicians. For those who still wish to vote to stay, I say you are condemning future generations to subservience to European powers such as Germany and France, unless, as I believe, the EU will collapse in a few years or even months. If this happens, we will be dragged, financially into the same mess as the rest.

Look for the facts behind the rhetoric that is being spouted and don't fall for the garbage about the EU preventing war. Our fathers and grandfathers fought and died in Europe for freedom, not a European Union. It is this very freedom which we are now fighting for when we mark our ballot papers. Out means the sovereignty that they really fought for. Let's get out while we can. The chance may never come again.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2016, 08:55:49 AM »
I'm back, after a cancer operation that went badly wrong and a near death experience. However, I am fit enough to vote out on referendum day. After serious consideration, I stick by every word in my previous post, but I can think of a downside which we must be prepared to face. Some small European importers may not wish to buy our products if the EU impose tariffs against us. In turn, we can retaliate buy imposing tariffs of our own and a short tariff war may occur. Sadly, this may result in the loss of jobs for a small number of our citizens. With a heavy heart for those few, I stand buy my intention to vote out, because I believe that we will quickly regain our sovereign status and become a major exporter on the World stage. My opinion is based on a considerable period of studying facts and seeing the reality of the situation, and ignoring the silly comments made by politicians. For those who still wish to vote to stay, I say you are condemning future generations to subservience to European powers such as Germany and France, unless, as I believe, the EU will collapse in a few years or even months. If this happens, we will be dragged, financially into the same mess as the rest.

Look for the facts behind the rhetoric that is being spouted and don't fall for the garbage about the EU preventing war. Our fathers and grandfathers fought and died in Europe for freedom, not a European Union. It is this very freedom which we are now fighting for when we mark our ballot papers. Out means the sovereignty that they really fought for. Let's get out while we can. The chance may never come again.

Well said, I hope you make a quick and full recovery  :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2016, 09:38:12 AM »
Best of luck to Fairfax .   Most of us feel all the propaganda of both parties is lies or guesswork and cannot be trusted , so how do we make a decision ?

Mine is based on two pointers ,  firstly the EU countries desire to keep us in is a good pointer that as many of us anticipate they will take us to the cleaners after a Yes vote , revealing that Dave,s talk of reform is all what Cameron stands for ..... bluster .

As a life long Tory voter the real clincher for me is having seen U-turn after U-turn and failed targets by Cameron and Osbourne it would be foolhardy to follow their advice .

OUT FOR ME .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »
We import more than we export to Europe. Any tariffs would be worse for them.
Also do we need your in Europe to import stuff from China?

Well done Fairdax and to DT who has had similar issues.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2016, 12:01:53 PM »
Good to see you back Fairfax, excellent post, good luck with the treatment.

I remember my grandfather telling us the story of how he, and his generation, fought for the sovereignty of this country,  and there was never any mention of doing it for Europe. This country was under threat and the removal of the threat entailed the liberation of Europe by defeating Germany - Cameron reinventing history again

Interesting to hear Dodgy Dave apparently drooling over the level of corruption in Nigeria, describing it as fantastically corrupt to Her Majesty.  Strange that we are hosting this anti-corruption conference today when the EU accounts haven't been signed off by the accountants for seventeen years now - maybe Dave is hoping to pick up a few tips from the Nigerian delegation  :dan

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2016, 12:23:15 PM »
Also do we need your in Europe to import stuff from China?

No we don't.
The Chinese visit last year was billed as heralding a new golden era of trade, which was 'vital for our economy '.
What does that imply for the European project?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2016, 10:58:39 AM »
The EU have now reinvented one of the fundamental laws of physics with their new restrictions on the use of high power kettles.
The low power kettles take longer to boil and therefore,  according to Newton's law of cooling, will consume more energy to heat the same volume of water.

We will have to build a few more of those lovely wind farms to supply all these new low powered kettles  :dan

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2016, 12:19:20 PM »
That'll be handy.

Wind farms are the future

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2016, 02:33:27 PM »
That'll be handy.

no :)

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2016, 03:22:52 PM »
prefer having one of those in my back garden than a gas or coal or nuclear plant any day

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »
That'll be handy.

I read somewhere that if we had a million of these it would only produce 10% of our electricity.  I will try and find the link.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2016, 05:31:51 PM »
prefer having one of those in my back garden than a gas or coal or nuclear plant any day
not many people have hem in their back garden......however if we let these dutch and german companies carry on they'll be everywhere...you may get one in your back garden :)

look at all those just off skeg...not rotating? no worries for the companies they still get their wedge....where does wedge come from...er us, the taxpayer.
these things are being funded to show the government to be "green".
ditto solar panels ....although they are more efficient than turbines.
the renewable companies were/are looking to have a swathe of them from Heckington right up to Humberstone Fitties.
it will be hard not to see one ...particularly as theyre 125m tall!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2016, 06:52:36 AM »
Two more coal fired power stations are being decommissioned soon so the energy gap is widening as we try to meet the EU targets.  It will be interesting to see how the grid copes in the winter on dark days when there is no wind and people want to use their new kettles. Heavy industry has already been told to reduce power demand at such times to avoid what they are calling 'brown-outs', which is when you notice your lights go dim for a couple of seconds.  The problem is, if they don't address the intermittency of wind and solar power, and keep removing the back-up, these low-power periods could last for hours rather than seconds, and the power fluctuations can damage computers, smart TVs,  etc  :'(

The good news is that the taxpayer''s wedge has also indirectly helped a non-league club get to the Conference play-offs this year.  FGR are being bankrolled by Dale Vince, the owner of Ecotricity, a company who are benefitting from the renewable energy subsidy and may well be planning to put a few more windmills up near you soon.  As you watch them turn, and are slowly driven crazy by the beat of the blades, you might be comforted by the progress of a big spending non-league club  :dan

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »
We are DOOMED :o :o  The IMF has joined the debate.  House prices will crash, interest rates will go through the roof and the pound will plummet.  Vote leave and the fires of hell will envelope the whole country.  The Stay campaign are trying to scare the public into voting in their favour.  The trouble is some of the don't knows will vote stay just because of the fear factor.