Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398446 times)

youngchubby69

Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #510 on: February 17, 2017, 07:53:11 PM »
Well said GHM, Blair = Fool.
He obviously has a lot money invested in Europe

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 18, 2017, 02:34:04 PM »
We may be coming out of Europe. but what odds against Lincoln City being in next year? They can still dream.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 18, 2017, 11:06:46 PM »
They don't even have to win the FA cup to get into Europe so long as the other finalist is a Champions League qualifiers. I think the chances are more than reasonable as no Premier League club seems interested in this competition and will only get to the final by default and not by determination. Personally, I would like to see a Lincoln v Millwall final - if the draw and results allow!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 19, 2017, 10:50:54 AM »
They don't even have to win the FA cup to get into Europe so long as the other finalist is a Champions League qualifiers. I think the chances are more than reasonable as no Premier League club seems interested in this competition and will only get to the final by default and not by determination. Personally, I would like to see a Lincoln v Millwall final - if the draw and results allow!

Wow putting it like that, I agree with you.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 14, 2017, 10:11:06 AM »
The Bill has gone through the House of Lords.  Shame if the Scots vote to leave the union.  With the Scots and London being the main remain voters, I can see London pushing to leave as well ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 14, 2017, 10:50:50 AM »
Can't help thinking the Brexit vote might have killed Boston United! The future of the club is dependent on getting the new ground and the new ground is dependent on the Quadrant Development and without the need for all that extra housing due to the influx of EU workers then the funding for Quadrant must be in doubt. Also inflation is set to kick in now with prices going up by 10-15%, so people will have less money to spend and will have to cut back on something and going to games may be what has to give to get family budgets balanced, so crowds will fall a bit like they did during recent recessions. So a double whammy. :(

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 14, 2017, 01:01:07 PM »
Can't help thinking the Brexit vote might have killed Boston United! The future of the club is dependent on getting the new ground and the new ground is dependent on the Quadrant Development and without the need for all that extra housing due to the influx of EU workers then the funding for Quadrant must be in doubt. Also inflation is set to kick in now with prices going up by 10-15%, so people will have less money to spend and will have to cut back on something and going to games may be what has to give to get family budgets balanced, so crowds will fall a bit like they did during recent recessions. So a double whammy. :(

Nah, it's fine Ken. We're selling jam to New Zealand as of 2019 so there's absolutely nothing to worry about. A glorious future awaits us all!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2017, 01:22:02 PM »
Have faith in this country Pete.

The EU is broken and more countries will follow Britain out.

Things may be rough for a start, But I for one would rather be independent than be dragged down the road on the end of Germany's leash.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 14, 2017, 02:21:28 PM »

Local politics will save it Ken .
Lincs CC have brain washed so many people that the relief road will end all Boston traffic problems and eliminate the need for a bypass they dare not let it fail ..........we hope .

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 14, 2017, 02:41:12 PM »
Lincs CC have brain washed so many people that the relief road will end all Boston traffic problems and eliminate the need for a bypass they dare not let it fail ..........we hope .

But I'm worried that Brexit gives Lincs CC a perfect excuse to avoid spending any money on Boston. :(

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 15, 2017, 09:07:40 AM »
Just a O/T on this O/T thread, police are investigating as many as 17 MP's ( all Tory ) into overspending of election funds.  All in marginal seats.  The government majority 17, oops. ???

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 16, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »
A fine of £70,000 and under Police investigation :-\ :-\

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 16, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
Just seen it on Sky.Disgusting behaviour from Tory bloke towards the reporter.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 17, 2017, 10:03:45 AM »

But I'm worried that Brexit gives Lincs CC a perfect excuse to avoid spending any money on Boston. :(

LCC don't need an excuse Ken. They've already stopped spending money on Boston!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 17, 2017, 12:04:54 PM »
re the Troublesome Scots
can we have a referendum to get rid of them??