Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398472 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #465 on: October 29, 2016, 08:37:48 AM »
Perhaps Nissan were told that we will still be in the Single Market, ie essentially still part of the EU despite the vote to get out...I'm sharpening up my pitchfork this weekend ready for the uprising from the Shires  :dan

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 29, 2016, 04:24:14 PM »
Nissan to manufacture three new models at their Sunderland factory post Brexit.

Better than expected figures concerning British finances post Brexit.

Perhaps project fear was just bullsh*t ??? ???

Honestly, the naivety of this just shows the mess we are in already and the absolute meltdown ahead when we do eventually leave.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 29, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »
I guess you are more educated than me mnh and I bow to your greater knowledge. I also guess you are younger than me.
But......
Is the euro stable?
Is the European commission a good idea ?
Is the European Court a good idea?
Is the European Parliament a good idea?
Do you or I have much say in the above?
(We certainly didnt vote for the above when we voted for a Common Market)
Are Italy Spain Greece and Ireland stable financially?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:04:06 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 29, 2016, 07:12:25 PM »
Again genius, what the actual feck are all all those points about the euro etc? I've said nothing about them. Carry on ignoring he situation, carry on wilfully ignoring the genuine and practical issues raised by the Out vote and complain those asking qeuestiins are traitors or whatever.

Nissan have played the government perfectly and have set up the rest of the automotive industry to now do the same (consessions, subsidies etc.) then you will see the other industries doing the same, because why not? If only there was some sort of European club we cloud be in which protected governments from being held to ransom by globally operating companies.

Also if I am younger what the hell has that got to do with anything? There are more eduducated and more intelligent people younger than me and I'm totally comfortable with it. If you aren't do something about it. Educate yourself.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 29, 2016, 07:37:06 PM »
I was asking if you think those bodies are good or not basically.
I voted in the 70's but got more than I voted for...does the idea of a European army cheer you??
You still haven't addressed the issue of bankrupt nations and how they will be saved.

It's a good idea that's got out of hand ;)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 29, 2016, 07:40:07 PM »
Again genius, what the actual feck are all all those points about the euro etc? I've said nothing about them. Carry on ignoring he situation, carry on wilfully ignoring the genuine and practical issues raised by the Out vote and complain those asking qeuestiins are traitors or whatever.

Nissan have played the government perfectly and have set up the rest of the automotive industry to now do the same (consessions, subsidies etc.) then you will see the other industries doing the same, because why not? If only there was some sort of European club we cloud be in which protected governments from being held to ransom by globally operating companies.

Also if I am younger what the hell has that got to do with anything? There are more eduducated and more intelligent people younger than me and I'm totally comfortable with it. If you aren't do something about it. Educate yourself.

Agree or not. It is what it is and we must now get on with it

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 29, 2016, 08:00:32 PM »
You know how most people in Britain see Donald Trump? As a populist who has no actual credible plans whatsoever, but shouts slogans and is backed by a worryingly high proportion of voters?

That's exactly how the rest of the world sees Brexit.

And appears to have Nissan stayed put because the government has promised to insulate it from the hugely negative effects of Brexit (should we go for the 'hard' variety). The idea that this says something good about Brexit is laughable.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 29, 2016, 08:13:44 PM »

Agree or not. It is what it is and we must now get on with it

Correct Big M , That's the sentiment we as a democracy  have to accept .

Being given the "facts "(know to us as guess work and lies ) by a ragtag collection of cross party politicians convinces me there is not enough  watertight information to give a trusted conclusion .

A great spin-off from the referendum is the country effectively culled or got rid of some useless  bungling
politicians .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 29, 2016, 08:55:34 PM »
You know how most people in Britain see Donald Trump? As a populist who has no actual credible plans whatsoever, but shouts slogans and is backed by a worryingly high proportion of voters?

That's exactly how the rest of the world sees Brexit.

And appears to have Nissan stayed put because the government has promised to insulate it from the hugely negative effects of Brexit (should we go for the 'hard' variety). The idea that this says something good about Brexit is laughable.

Trump v Clinton , our sympathies go out to the American people ,  as tasteful as leave v stay campaign .
As in our referendum very few facts , plenty of guesswork, lies from organisations and politicians  who give projections (guesswork ) which are mostly flawed .   Like us with the referendum only a small percentage of voters will be naïve enough to believe them .

Adam where did you discover how the rest of the world see Brexit ?  same goes for your information that Nissan may receive special treatment .

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 08:57:26 PM by green hats mate »

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 29, 2016, 09:21:51 PM »
No need for sympathy for the American people. At least they could repair the damage when they vote again in 4 years time.
As for us.........

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 30, 2016, 12:20:09 AM »
Adam where did you discover how the rest of the world see Brexit ?  same goes for your information that Nissan may receive special treatment .

No idea for Adam but I can tell you mine. I work (until the 31st of this month) for a global company in a global industry. I talk daily to Indians, Americans, South Americans, Russians and people in Malaysia and Singapore.  They have exactly that view. What have you done, you had the best of both worlds with access to and opt outs of a market worth $19trillion you are crazy.

So yes I do discover how the world sees Brexit, I talk to and work with people who are effected by it. And it's the biggest mistake we have ever been allowed to make. I don't ignore it. I don't dismiss it. I look at the practical questions it raises and ask who has the answers. And they are all yet to be answered so I'll keep on asking thanks.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 30, 2016, 01:38:13 PM »

No idea for Adam but I can tell you mine. I work (until the 31st of this month) for a global company in a global industry. I talk daily to Indians, Americans, South Americans, Russians and people in Malaysia and Singapore.  They have exactly that view. What have you done, you had the best of both worlds with access to and opt outs of a market worth $19trillion you are crazy.

So yes I do discover how the world sees Brexit, I talk to and work with people who are effected by it. And it's the biggest mistake we have ever been allowed to make. I don't ignore it. I don't dismiss it. I look at the practical questions it raises and ask who has the answers. And they are all yet to be answered so I'll keep on asking thanks.

Sorry to hear of your loss  of job Micky , with evolution you always get winners and losers , happens to almost everyone in a lifetime . While you have been hit with this set back others  are  already gaining the benefit of post Brexit by gaining work .   Harsh fact is yes it has hit you badly but in time benefits of change will hopefully be your gain .  Pleased you have explained your misfortune which makes it easier to understand your anger .   You don,t mention what industry you are in but I hope if need be you adapt to another line of business .  Keep a positive attitude , hoping you quickly find employment .

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 30, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »
My job loss is not a direct result of Brexit, the closing of the wider plant is though (700+ jobs) as we were taken over earlier in the year and my role is now done outside of the UK.  My only anger is at the ignorance of the issues it's created and the lies that were sold to millions and swallowed (and yes there were lies by both campaigns but only one sides count now!).

What specific benefits of Brexit are there? And more specifically what have you witnessed so far, given it's not actually happened yet we have only felt the effects of the uncertainty the vote created?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 30, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »
I second that
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 30, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »
We have much to be grateful for with immigration ,eg doctors , nurses etc
The underlining cause of complaints is governments failure to plan for the influx ,  housing , schools and hospitals .

At various times when chatting to our MP he has expressed joy of a local firm winning awards , others of expanding their workforce .   Sadly I have had to point out this success is due to  very hard working employees (mainly migrants ) being on very low pay .
Many skilled workers are working on rates well below the trade agreements .
Market forces at work ,  workers readily available = lower wages .