Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 400858 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #285 on: June 24, 2016, 12:14:03 PM »
Just after 10:30am

The FTSE100 is higher than this time last Friday.
The EUR/GBP is roughly where it was last Wednesday.
The GBP/USD is roughly where it was last Wednesday.

Both metals are up a little in $ & £ terms.

No big shakes...Looks like the remain campaign could HAVE been using scaremongering tactics.

That's because at these times last week leave was ahead in the polls - so the markets crashed then, as well. They recovered back to normal levels through the day yesterday when the expectation was of sanity prevailing. Make no mistake, the crash today is the Brexit effect. Our economy is going to be permanently smaller and weaker - and moreover the process of getting there is going to be very ugly.

The market crash is due mainly to the EU being weaker when the UK leaves.

The net millions pumped into the EU by Britain each year will leave a big shortfall.

We will negotiate an exit agreement but they will bully us.  That is the only way the EU knows how to operate.

We have given power back to people we have voted for, not to corrupt Eurocrats.

Yes it is going to be hard in the short term, but the EU is a broken organisation and we will be better out of it.

28% of laws passed in OUR parliament last year was thrown out by the non elected EU, how can that be democracy?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 24, 2016, 12:17:07 PM »
28% of laws passed in OUR parliament last year was thrown out by the non elected EU, how can that be democracy?

Er, House of Lords anyone?

When was the last time you voted any of that lot in?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 24, 2016, 12:20:10 PM »
And, shock horror, and as predicted by everyone who ticked "stay", the SNP have just announced they have begun the legislative process of a second independence referendum for Scotland, in which the Scottish people will emphatically choose to depart the union and remain a part of the EU.

Which, as I said earlier in this very thread, quite apart from being damaging economically, will necessitate an actual land border between Scotland and England and associated passport controls. Think about that for a moment.

Woo! We've got our country back! Well, bits of it anyway.

Let them go.

I have been to Scotland and have never met a more racist lot ( against the English ).

As I said in an earlier post the only yellow ( remain ) on the map last night was London and Scotland.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 24, 2016, 12:21:45 PM »

Er, House of Lords anyone?

When was the last time you voted any of that lot in?

True Pete, the sooner they go the better.  I never said what we had was perfect.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 24, 2016, 01:31:55 PM »
Whatever is and as been said, fact is we are going to be leaving the EU membership behind.

Oh FTSE as just pulled back to around 4% loss Raising its worth by around 55b Since its plung this morning

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 24, 2016, 02:47:02 PM »
What happened?  I wake up and world war 3 is predicted.

Dodgy Dave resigns.

Tory Mp's are blaming labour for the remain defeat.

The governor of the Bank of England makes Billions available to protect UK's interests.

Stock markets globally crash

We are Dooooooomed I tell you Doooooooomed.

Victim of your on great campaigning on here  Dip .

Build a look-out tower and concrete bunker .

Not long before battle ships will be sailing down the Welland to anchor at the Port of Fosdyke  :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 24, 2016, 03:11:29 PM »

No big shakes...Looks like the remain campaign could HAVE been using scaremongering tactics.

That's because at these times last week leave was ahead in the polls - so the markets crashed then, as well. They recovered back to normal levels through the day yesterday when the expectation was of sanity prevailing. Make no mistake, the crash today is the Brexit effect. Our economy is going to be permanently smaller and weaker - and moreover the process of getting there is going to be very ugly.

The net millions pumped into the EU by Britain each year will leave a big shortfall.

We will negotiate an exit agreement but they will bully us.  That is the only way the EU knows how to operate.

Yes it is going to be hard in the short term, but the EU is a broken organisation and we will be better out of it.

That is how most the 52% of those who the academics say are wrong see it . Simple logic . Complex "independent " experts who can,t be wrong allegedly .
Panic created mainly by the realisation of the missing £billions contributed by us .
Again demonstrating what a great bargaining hand Cameron had and he blew it .

Good riddance to Scotland ( more cash hand-outs saved ? ) good riddance to the eurocrats and academics ,
Great British business and a great mixed workforce will overcome the dome mongers who have achieved nothing .

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 24, 2016, 03:17:24 PM »
I'm disappointed, I think we've made a huge mistake to be honest. However, I can't argue with the result, the British public have made their choice. I guess now it's time to see whether everything the leave side told us is true.

I'm certainly very much looking forward to the NHS remaining nationalised and benefiting from a £350m per week cash injection it has been promised by Leave. I assume it's true because it was plastered all over the side of our prime minister in waiting's bus.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 24, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »
I think the first impact we'll see is a rapid rise in petrol prices as the currency fluctuations take bite :-( 

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 24, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »

Good riddance to Scotland ( more cash hand-outs saved ? ) good riddance to the eurocrats and academics ,
Great British business and a great mixed workforce will overcome the dome mongers who have achieved nothing .

True feelings coming out I see now. To be honest GHM, at some point in the not to distant future you are going to realise you have been sold down the river. Maybe when you or one of your family needs to use A&E or one of the wards they have been trying to close at pilgrim and move to Lincoln. But by then you will have run out of people to blame because they'll be no more EU, no more immigrants no more Scottish.

Edit:

How could I forget academics?!?! What use have academics ever been to anyone  :dan

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 24, 2016, 03:36:42 PM »
I'm disappointed, I think we've made a huge mistake to be honest. However, I can't argue with the result, the British public have made their choice. I guess now it's time to see whether everything the leave side told us is true.

I'm certainly very much looking forward to the NHS remaining nationalised and benefiting from a £350m per week cash injection it has been promised by Leave. I assume it's true because it was plastered all over the side of our prime minister in waiting's bus.

Come on Maxross, you are one of the more intelligent posters on here.

Where was £350 million promised to the NHS?

The quote was " we send the EU £350 million per week, let's fund the NHS instead "

What it was saying was £350 million ( disputed figure ) would be better spent on the NHS.

That is how I read it. ;)

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 24, 2016, 03:39:24 PM »
I think the first impact we'll see is a rapid rise in petrol prices as the currency fluctuations take bite :-(

Prices are a worry, but short term I suspect things will stabilise. It's long term inward investment that worries me. Successive governments have let our manufacturing industry slip significantly. What we do make here is often factories owned by foreign multinationals using us as a gateway to Europe. I can't see us being half as attractive a place to invest in going forwards. Especially once Turkey join up next week.... ::)

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2016, 03:54:18 PM »

Come on Maxross, you are one of the more intelligent posters on here.

Where was £350 million promised to the NHS?

The quote was " we send the EU £350 million per week, let's fund the NHS instead "

What it was saying was £350 million ( disputed figure ) would be better spent on the NHS.

That is how I read it. ;)

I think it is deliberately misleading personally.  They may well have been careful about their language, but the implication is clear.  And the £350m figure is more than "disputed", it's completely discredited.  At one point this morning, it was being reported that there was enough knocked off share value this morning, to pay the EU annual fee 9 times over.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2016, 03:57:17 PM »

True feelings coming out I see now. To be honest GHM, at some point in the not to distant future you are going to realise you have been sold down the river. Maybe when you or one of your family needs to use A&E or one of the wards they have been trying to close at pilgrim and move to Lincoln. But by then you will have run out of people to blame because they'll be no more EU, no more immigrants no more Scottish.

Edit:

How could I forget academics?!?! What use have academics ever been to anyone  :dan

What did you think to Mcfraud and  Jim Dick   :)?
Complete faith that British industry and our great mixed  work force will be the winners ,
some of which in our area would be better off at home watching TV than at work in a packing shed .
Sadly a few members of my family have had to use the NHS in recent times .
Myself,  I travelled from Fishtoft to Lincoln over 40 times for treatment last year ,  some beginning further trips for more treatment  .  gives a great insight to what the NHS involves .   Lincoln County spending £7million on renewing radiotherapy machines  .   
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:02:33 PM by green hats mate »

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2016, 04:05:11 PM »

Edit:

What did you think to Mcfraud and  Jim Dick   :)?
Complete faith that British industry and our great mixed force work force will be the winners .
Sadly a few members of my family have had to use the NHS in recent times .
Myself,  I travelled from Fishtoft to Lincoln over 40 times for treatment last year ,  some beginning further trips for more treatment  .  gives a great insight to what the NHS involves .   Lincoln County spending £7million on renewing radiotherapy machines  .

What I thought to Steve Evans and Jim Dick is fairly irrelevant I think, if pressed I would say they were a pair of utter t****ers.  I'm not going to judge the entire Scottish nation based on them though.

I'm genuinely sorry to hear you have had to use the NHS and I hope that you and your family are on the road to recovery.  I feel fairly passionately about this institution and desperately want to save it.  My family have also had cause to use it in the past year and it has been heart breaking to see the way it has been deliberately run down by the government. I'm angry that the very people responsible for that, have had the brass to then go out and sell a lie to the British people that they are the people who are going to save it.