Author Topic: O/T In or out  (Read 398363 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: O/T In or out
« Reply #1020 on: March 21, 2019, 10:16:27 AM »
Good for you. I'm sure there are people who'd vote to bring back capital punishment too. Doesn't make them right.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 21, 2019, 02:01:09 PM »

'What matters is that parliament delivers on the Referendum result', this was May's response a couple of hours ago when asked if the UK would leave next Friday under WTO if her deal is voted down.

She's upset the Speaker, so the little fella will probably throw another massive spanner in the works to try and stop her deal coming back for the third time.
Meanwhile Macron is allegedly against granting even a short extension.
Its looking more likely to be a choice between the No Deal/WTO, or MPs revoking Article 50 leaving us as the laughing stock of the world and killing off democracy in one fell swoop  :'( :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 21, 2019, 03:14:18 PM »
Let's reconvene here this time next week and see how your WTO Brexit is going  ;D

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 21, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »
Its looking like May 22nd is the extension end date preferred by the EU 27, and Macron has warned that if May's deal is voted down for the third time, which it will be, then the UK leaves with no deal.
He doesn't want to publicly admit that he knows that MPs will just overturn the Brexit vote. They're really trying to force us into May's 'punishment deal' that Robbins negotiated with his EU buddies.

Amusing to hear the little fella telling the MPs in the house that they were 'not traitors' after the Maybot's speech last night.  She really has been badly advised throughout her tenure by a series of civil servant.  Its hardly surprising as its no secret that most of the civil service wanted to remain in the EU.

The Leave vote was up against it from day one and would anyone have even bothered to turn up to vote if they knew that their vote was meaningless, and that the result would ultimately be overturned by the very people who we expect to represent us?    ???

The March 29th London rally could turn very nasty.  We can only hope that enough MPs realise what a catastrophe it will be to revoke article 50, and vote to take us out as a sovereign nation trading globally under WTO.  :police:

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 22, 2019, 08:04:46 AM »
My word, you really don't have much of a grasp of what's going on here do you?

It's not the civil servants May has been listening to, or is in the grip of. If you had spent any time monitoring what they've been saying over the last two years, you'd know what she has in fact been steadfastly ignoring them. The only people who seem to have May's ear are the ERG, and it's them you can blame for the current crisis simply because they've overreached themselves and - loathe as I am to come across all metropolitan liberal elite - aren't a particularly intelligent bunch of people. They're also a bunch of pathological and demonstrable liars, and as I've said before, it wouldn't surprise me to see some of them in prison once this is all over.

Anyone seeking a WTO exit right now, in the face of all the available evidence of the damage it would cause to the economy, is right up there with flat-earthers, fake moon-landing believers and 9/11 conspiracy theorists in the "cranks whose opinion we can safely ignore" stakes.

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 22, 2019, 10:17:43 AM »
So this weekend MPs have to decide whether to re-configure the structure of political parties in this country, which doesn't happen too often  :o, or back May's deal.

May's deal looks dead in the water, but the way project fear is ramping up the rhetoric on all the mainstream news channels, and with an army of Internet trolls across social media, you never know.

I'm listening to local radio, driving across Kent, and it is really getting ramped up to the point of hysteria.  Operation 'Yellowhammer' has been programmed to start Monday, they had similar plans in place during WW2 when we were expecting the German invasion  :o
They are also warning parents in Kent to make contingency plans because their children may be sent home from school if the level of traffic fumes from thousands of backed up lorries becomes too high.  :police:

If the fear-mongering wins through, and MPs back her deal, we will be left with a deal so bad, one that nobody wants, and one that has been rammed down our throats. We will then be offered the chance to rejoin the EU at the very first opportunity; the contingency arrangement agreed by Robbins etc to ensure that if the UK does somehow manage to extract itself from the EU, it will be for the shortest possible period.   :police:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 02:32:52 PM by Ed Kandii »

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 22, 2019, 06:32:49 PM »
Tory MP Jake Berry said today that civil servants and officials are 'straining every sinew' to stop Brexit... well who'd of thought it possible?  :o

The electoral commission's judgment on the Leave campaign's funding has been overturned this week by the Appeal Court.
So no cheating after all;  we can push on for the Brexit we voted for with a clear conscience.  The only cheating was on the side of the remain campaign when they spent £9million of our money on their leaflets.

It has also emerged that the £350 million figure on the side of the bus is now incorrect.  The figure is rising fast and will hit £438m by 2022, which makes it approx £394m per week this year if you interpolate  :o :police:
A remarkable saving when added to the £39 billion lump sum that we can trouser if we do end up on WTO terms.
Over 40% of our trade is already done under WTO so we'll just up that to 100% until the EU come begging for a trade deal.
No deal, no problem  8)

Ed Kandii

• View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 23, 2019, 02:19:26 PM »
Matt Warman is in favour of 'no deal' and will vote against revoking Article 50 if that comes up. 
Fair play to Matty who was a Leaver but now respects the democratic vote (or he's looking after his job prospects).
Pity there's not a few more like him. If we were all working together towards Brexit and there weren't so many trying to undermine democracy we'd be celebrating on the 29th March instead of having to delay.   
:police:

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 23, 2019, 04:10:10 PM »
Big protest in London today, a march in support of another vote on Brexit.  BBC will be all over it.  Over four million sign an online petition to revoke article 50, some dodgy votes detected but still a big following.  March 29th  a pro brexit march set to hit London, I can see trouble happening that day.

I think we will soon be seeing major unrest on the streets, a throwback to the Thatcher riots of the 80's.  I hope not, but I fear the worst.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 23, 2019, 04:48:24 PM »
There may be 4 million signatures on anti-brexit petition, but that's one hell of a long way short of 17.4 million that voted leave, and, correct me if I'm wrong,  I
believe Mrs May stated she would only look at it if the signatures on the petition were higher than the Brexit  vote!!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 23, 2019, 05:30:17 PM »
I agree Ernie, but with the BBC  ( Bias Brexit Coverage ) reporting on all things anti Brexit, some people are gradually being brainwashed.  People who had no interest or were undecided in the referendum are being targeted.

I can see another referendum being called, with loaded options splitting the original leave vote.

Anyway, interesting times ahead, I just hope they deliver on the nation's vote >:(

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 24, 2019, 01:35:35 PM »
I agree Ernie, but with the BBC  ( Bias Brexit Coverage ) reporting on all things anti Brexit, some people are gradually being brainwashed.  People who had no interest or were undecided in the referendum are being targeted.

I can see another referendum being called, with loaded options splitting the original leave vote.

Anyway, interesting times ahead, I just hope they deliver on the nation's vote >:(

Yes, 99% of people who actually know things warning that WTO is a terrible idea is definitely "brainwashing".... christ, this thread gets worse every time I look at it. You'd think you guys are worried about something.

Just admit it. Your glorious leaders messed up big time in not pursuing a soft Brexit that delivered on the referendum, didn't trash the economy and reflected the close nature of the result. I could have lived with a Norway-style deal. But no: your ERG lads went full out for hard Brexit, with the result you may well now get no Brexit at all. They're thick as mince. And please stop with the lies that everyone knew that voting out also meant leaving the SM and CU - they didn't, so please stop saying it.

That horrendous mess isn't the fault of the remainers, or MPs or anyone else. It's yours - own it.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 24, 2019, 04:59:19 PM »
how the chuff will this ever be sorted?
https://www.statista.com/statistics/274179/national-debt-in-eu-countries/

the amounts countries are owing each other is ridiculous...

the figure of £39 billion to be paid is roughly £700 a piece,,, why dont they "rebate" us with it ? at least it might get spent in UK :)
having said that, £39 billion seems a lot but in these days of ridiculous amounts its a drop in the ocean.
many youngsters saying their future had been stolen... best get saving boys and girls cos someone at sometime is going to have to repay it.
the austerity we have seen may have been easy to what it might be.....

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 25, 2019, 08:59:42 AM »
Well, last week, the ex-Permanent Secretary of the Department for International Trade under Liam Fox said that the post-Brexit trade deals we'll get will be significantly worse than those we have now as members of the EU, because we now have much less to offer. So of course we're going to be a poorer nation as a whole, it's not rocket science it is? Brexit will make smaller, poorer and weaker, without any kind of say over the rules and standards we'll have to follow. Thanks a bunch.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 25, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »
I have decided to lock this thread.  I have decided to do it now, before we get to know if we leave or not.  This is a very friendly forum for all things Boston United, and this thread has somewhat taken over.  Passions seem to run a bit high at times, which makes for healthy debate.

Thanks to all who have contributed UTP :)