Author Topic: have we got a game today??  (Read 11239 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: have we got a game today??
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 10:35:05 PM »
GHM - That's two things.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 07:32:33 AM »
http://m.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/14308141.Worcester_City_defender_Wayne_Thomas_wants_tougher_penalties_against_racism_after_saying_he_was_abused_at_Boston_United/

I don't like to see our club's name tarnished. Can anyone from the Spayne Road side explain what happened?  If anyone witnessed any racial abuse then they should make a statement to the police and make sure the perpetrator never sets foot in York Street or The Quadrant ever again.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 09:20:44 AM »
http://m.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/14308141.Worcester_City_defender_Wayne_Thomas_wants_tougher_penalties_against_racism_after_saying_he_was_abused_at_Boston_United/

I don't like to see our club's name tarnished. Can anyone from the Spayne Road side explain what happened?  If anyone witnessed any racial abuse then they should make a statement to the police and make sure the perpetrator never sets foot in York Street or The Quadrant ever again.

I totally agree, they should be banned for life if found guilty. I wasn't at the game at the weekend, so i cannot comment on the incident itself.  Anyone know what the alleged words said was ?  The ref in my eyes, once he was told, should have gone over to the fan involved and stood there until a steward grabbed him then there would be no appeal to find the offender now.  It really sickens me that our good club is now tarnished again thanks to an idiot who calls them self a fan. If we as a club are guilty, it worries me what financial penalties we could find ourselves given.

Bannovallum Bill

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 10:31:51 AM »
Reckon Boston will still finish in play offs but really should be a club that should be in auto promo spot every season. Just hope you don't have another glorious failure season for the fans sake.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 12:47:33 PM »
GHM - That's two things.

Sorry about that TEP ,   got carried away with the prospect of the play-offs .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 12:51:35 PM »
Reckon Boston will still finish in play offs but really should be a club that should be in auto promo spot every season. Just hope you don't have another glorious failure season for the fans sake.

Wish we could live up to your expectations Bill,   that would put us in the Premiership in the next 5 years .

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 12:55:44 PM »

Wish we could live up to your expectations Bill,   that would put us in the Premiership in the next 5 years .

I'd want us playing passing football too. 

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 01:12:19 PM »
Im a self confessed happy clapper, my initial comment to start the thread was a bit tongue in cheek, didnt think it would end up being factual.

I think the playoffs are going to be a close run thing, still think our midfield are the problem (if we have one) and we often struggle against the physical sides. But we are heading towards another exiciting end of season, ive supported BUFC 40 odd years and ive seen some seasons over by the new year and crowds dwindling and stood at the town end with about 50 people in a crowd of a few hundred. Lets be posiitive we are in the mix and have a chance, if you had offered me that at the start of the season considering there are some biggish spenders in the league I would have took it.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »
really should be a club that should be in auto promo spot every season
So should Stockport, and many other big clubs. Doesn't work like that though!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 03:03:48 PM »
Thought we were below par on Saturday - not as bad as against Stalybridge but not good.

Think our best front pairing is Southwell and Jones - although they haven't had the opportunity to play together for a while. Not convinced by Sands. He huffs and puffs but not much end product. I still like the idea of having Robbins in the squad. I see he has extended his loan at Corby, despite not playing much.

The guy in midfield, who we got from Hednesford doesn't look any better than say Dixon as far as I can see. He has been labelled the non-league Yaya Toure in some quarters, but really ? I see Venney has gone back to Grimsby. Really can't understand why he was brought in - obviously too lightweight for our requirements. Did any of the management actually see him play before getting him in or was it just a case of here is a player from a higher level, let's just take him ?

On evidence from Saturday, I think the defensive unit looks ok.

So, maybe just a couple of bits of tinkering and we could get over the line into the play-offs.

TEP

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »
I think Hilliard is wasted out on the left, much prefer him in the middle, far more effective.
Probably worth starting with Dayle and Jones up front and sands as an important impact sub.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »
Im a self confessed happy clapper, my initial comment to start the thread was a bit tongue in cheek, didnt think it would end up being factual.

I think the playoffs are going to be a close run thing, still think our midfield are the problem (if we have one) and we often struggle against the physical sides. But we are heading towards another exiciting end of season, ive supported BUFC 40 odd years and ive seen some seasons over by the new year and crowds dwindling and stood at the town end with about 50 people in a crowd of a few hundred. Lets be posiitive we are in the mix and have a chance, if you had offered me that at the start of the season considering there are some biggish spenders in the league I would have took it.
spot on Hozzer

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 04:39:52 PM »
Thought we were below par on Saturday - not as bad as against Stalybridge but not good.

Think our best front pairing is Southwell and Jones - although they haven't had the opportunity to play together for a while. Not convinced by Sands. He huffs and puffs but not much end product. I still like the idea of having Robbins in the squad. I see he has extended his loan at Corby, despite not playing much.

The guy in midfield, who we got from Hednesford doesn't look any better than say Dixon as far as I can see. He has been labelled the non-league Yaya Toure in some quarters, but really ? I see Venney has gone back to Grimsby. Really can't understand why he was brought in - obviously too lightweight for our requirements. Did any of the management actually see him play before getting him in or was it just a case of here is a player from a higher level, let's just take him ?

On evidence from Saturday, I think the defensive unit looks ok.

So, maybe just a couple of bits of tinkering and we could get over the line into the play-offs.

TEP

Robbins can't even get a starting position at Corby, doesn't that tell you something ?  He had pace, yes. But Sands does far more teamwork, and that is what this game is about, being a team ! 

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 04:58:10 PM »
leftback - Sands is a striker and we need him to be scoring. Yes, he runs a lot but how effective is he ? He's hardly a great target man. Robbins knows where the net is and can change a game in an instant. I'm sure it was Greene that said upon signing him "He should be playing a league higher".

Maybe DG doesn't know how to manage him properly - ie: consistently get the best out of him.

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »
leftback - Sands is a striker and we need him to be scoring. Yes, he runs a lot but how effective is he ? He's hardly a great target man. Robbins knows where the net is and can change a game in an instant. I'm sure it was Greene that said upon signing him "He should be playing a league higher".

Maybe DG doesn't know how to manage him properly - ie: consistently get the best out of him.

TEP
e
Maybe he is a disruptive element in the dressing room?
The fact is he has the ability to play higher but isn't....is that an attitude problem?
Just things we as fans don't get to see on the training ground or dressing room.
Maybe just being a decent player isn't enough to become part of a team...
Just thinking aloud :)