Author Topic: have we got a game today??  (Read 11240 times)

hozzer

• View Profile
have we got a game today??
« on: February 27, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »
mighty quiet on here. Just to get it out of the way - bloody rubbish Boston
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: have we got a game today??
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 06:33:42 PM »
A very good prediction that was.

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »
Less said about the game the better. What a bore of a game that was. Remarkably we've climbed a place. We played poorly for large parts and lacked ideas on how to attack them and win the game. You'd be forgiven in thinking we were at the other end of the table based on that lacklustre performance. Yes their equaliser took a deflection but that shouldn't give us an excuse in dropping points against them. Performances of late are difinately dropping and that could be a combination of having some players not up to the job while others are unfit and injured. It was also disappointing to hear about the aligations of racial abuse from Spayne Road. No excuse for that behaviour.
The one positive aspect being that we're still in them play off spots. Lets hope the team and manager have enough resolve to secure that play off place.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 08:41:17 PM »
1) we didn't lose
2) we may play better and lose
3) we may play worse and win
4) Dayle starting to look sharp.
5) we're 3rd
6) their 5 should have walked for the assault on Dayle.
7) their 7 looked a good player.
8) our 8 continues to frustrate
9) ref was OK apart from not sending 5 thug off early
10) only didn't win due you a cruel deflection.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 08:49:50 PM »

The one positive aspect being that we're still in them play off spots. Lets hope the team and manager have enough resolve to secure that play off place.

Enough resolve ?!!  We are easily going to make the play off spots. So the alleged racial abuse, was that what the ref and some steward by the dug outs in discussion about towards the end ? 95% of our fans are decent and honest, but over the last season and a half i have witnessed some unsavory moments of abuse.  I don't get why these people come to "support" this club.

Got a life

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 09:58:58 PM »
I predict a 6th place finish for us. We have some tough games ahead and today's performance would indicate we will not be good enough to win them to keep us in the qualifiers. As for being smug about being 3rd in the league, nothing to be smug about. Teams around us with games in hand which if they win will put us in 6th.
IMO Jones doesn't contribute much. Sands and Southwell seem to work well together. We have a good goalie who saved us today. In the last 4 games we have 4pts out of 12. In the end we will be where we should be with what we have, not in the top 4. I hope we do get in the playoffs because it will extend the season a little bit but doubt very much we will get more than  that.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 11:28:27 PM »
I predict a 6th place finish for us. We have some tough games ahead and today's performance would indicate we will not be good enough to win them to keep us in the qualifiers. As for being smug about being 3rd in the league, nothing to be smug about. Teams around us with games in hand which if they win will put us in 6th.
IMO Jones doesn't contribute much. Sands and Southwell seem to work well together. We have a good goalie who saved us today. In the last 4 games we have 4pts out of 12. In the end we will be where we should be with what we have, not in the top 4. I hope we do get in the playoffs because it will extend the season a little bit but doubt very much we will get more than  that.

Nice to see a newbie adding to the mass of negativity that we see on here, you will fit in well !  :bunny
Top 5, not top 4 is what matters and we WILL be in that.  You know what, if we finish 5th and then play as well as we can and go up, i bet all these moaners will be the first on the pitch congratulating their poor, rubbish players !  Fickle fans, at least they are in a minority thank god.

Got a life

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 09:41:28 AM »
There seems to be three types of posters on here.
1. The optimist who believes that we are good enough to win promotion despite lack of funding at the moment to keep us up there.
2. The realist who look at the league table and analyse the teams around us, their games in hand on us and that if they win that game in hand and keep toe to toe with us will put us in 6th place.
3. Those that get slagged and abused for expressing a different point of view to those that think the sun shines out of their lower orrifice. It's no wonder several posters on here in recent months stopped posting because of that, including me. I only re registered to see if it was still going on. I left this forum and 'got a life' as they say. I am now going to do the same thing again which should make some of you very happy because then you can form your own mutual appreciation society and always be right between yourselves. GOODBYE.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 10:16:35 AM »
Just to keep it in perspective, in the last 5 games North Ferriby have taken 2 points out of a possible 15 while we have taken 7 in which we consider to be a bad run.   
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 10:18:18 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 11:38:27 AM »
hey ho did we loose no onward and upwards we go.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 02:22:51 PM »
Just to keep it in perspective, in the last 5 games North Ferriby have taken 2 points out of a possible 15 while we have taken 7 in which we consider to be a bad run.
Perspective. ...a word not often used on here.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 03:45:54 PM »
1. The optimist who believes that we are good enough to win promotion despite lack of funding at the moment to keep us up there.
2. The realist who look at the league table and analyse the teams around us, their games in hand on us and that if they win that game in hand and keep toe to toe with us will put us in 6th place.
3. Those that get slagged and abused for expressing a different point of view to those that think the sun shines out of their lower orrifice. It's no wonder several posters on here in recent months stopped posting because of that, including me. I only re registered to see if it was still going on. I left this forum and 'got a life' as they say. I am now going to do the same thing again which should make some of you very happy because then you can form your own mutual appreciation society and always be right between yourselves. GOODBYE.

Good to see you back for a short spell ,  not like those knockers who predicted in October that we had missed the play-offs  :laugh:

Response to points raised .....

1.  I,m not optimistic enough to say we will get promoted , although I am confident we will make the play-offs .  As you rightly mention the lack of funding compared to some other clubs would make it  commendable to make play-offs .   

2   The realist realise that the league will not be decided just on the "games in hand" but on the overall form of the teams in the remaining games .  If you analyse less selective and extend on   Cavilier,s formula you will find Harrogate are on coarse to win the league and NFU will miss out .

3.  Disagreeing with someone,s is not deemed abuse ,   naive not to expect disagreement on a forum .     The only person to receive unwarranted abuse on here that I can recall is Dennis Greene ,   to his credit Greene has refrained from responding to the rubbish .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 04:19:08 PM »

Good to see you back for a short spell ,  not like those knockers who predicted in October that we had missed the play-offs  :laugh:

Response to points raised .....

1.  I,m not optimistic enough to say we will get promoted , although I am confident we will make the play-offs .  As you rightly mention the lack of funding compared to some other clubs would make it  commendable to make play-offs .   

2   The realist realise that the league will not be decided just on the "games in hand" but on the overall form of the teams in the remaining games .  If you analyse less selective and extend on   Cavilier,s formula you will find Harrogate are on coarse to win the league and NFU will miss out .

3.  Disagreeing with someone,s is not deemed abuse ,   naive not to expect disagreement on a forum .     The only person to receive unwarranted abuse on here that I can recall is Dennis Greene ,   to his credit Greene has refrained from responding to the rubbish .

Den has received so much abuse not only on here, but on another fans forum. To me, and many others, it seems that just a few people are making things personal and showing hate towards our manager no matter what he, or his team are doing on the field. The abuse is irrelevant to the club, team or manager.  Its just like a relationship bust up and not letting go of things, a bit like a dog with a bone !  These so called fans are not helping this club move in the right direction, but i guess when you have an opinion like mine, you then expect to be called a happy clapper !!  No, i am a supporter who see's that we are in the play offs and have a decent squad, all be it, in a competitive league.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 04:41:21 PM »
Den might not be everyone's cup of tea....but are any us???
Those who want him out ....careful for what you wish for.
I personally think the team and club would be much duller without him

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 07:44:01 PM »
The vast majority of fans only judge the manager on one thing ,  results and stability .

When was the last time we have had the stability and results to match the last three years ?, This achieved with lack of funding as Got a life pointed out .