Author Topic: have we got a game today??  (Read 11261 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: have we got a game today??
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 07:31:00 PM »
leftback - Sands is a striker and we need him to be scoring. Yes, he runs a lot but how effective is he ? He's hardly a great target man. Robbins knows where the net is and can change a game in an instant. I'm sure it was Greene that said upon signing him "He should be playing a league higher".

Maybe DG doesn't know how to manage him properly - ie: consistently get the best out of him.

TEP

TEP,  so what you are saying is Den doesn't know how to manage players properly ?!! Are you in the Den out camp by any chance ???
As for Robbins, it was said about him at the time as when we looked at him we see potential. Sadly, when he came to the club that potential lasted a few games then i recall one game where he was played through twice in the spell of 15mins, and both times never made the runs !  Its also well known that Stamford fans warned us of this laziness. While i agree that he has an eye for the goal, its when he wants it.  Do you have an inconsistent goal getter with pace that is not used to its full potential, or a player that puts in 100%, plays some class touches and brings others into play. What is otherwise known as a team player ?! 

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 07:34:08 PM »
We've still got a good chance of making the playoffs and if we get there that will be be a good season, win them and it would be a great season!

Whether we make playoffs or not looks like it's going to come down to some of the upcoming big games against other teams challenging for playoffs. Still got to play Fylde, North Ferriby, Tamworth, Harrogate and last home match v Nuneaton could be a winner gets a playoff spot match.

The midfield hasn't looked solid since Jordan Richards got recalled, if Mills is fit Saturday pushing Garner into midfielder may be best to toughen our midfield up a bit. Would be tempted to get Dixon back too.

Getting Dayle back playing again we have our goalscorer. I'm going to predict a fourth place finish and then winning playoffs! However all going to come down to those big upcoming '6 pointers' against other playoff rivals to where we finish.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2016, 08:48:49 PM »
I think we need to go back to playing 4-5-1/4-3-3, with a stopper in midfield - whether that's Garner or Burgess (impressed in that role at BPA late on) is up to Zak's fitness.

Jones - Southwell - Rollins as the front three, Roberts, Hilliard + 1 other in the middle.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2016, 10:59:27 PM »
Evident from Saturday for me was the fact that we had two strikers on the pitch that were working effectively in tandem. Sands would run and pressure he opposition and whenever the ball was played into him (on the floor or in the air) he would hold the ball up and look for the movement of Southwell, evident from the chance early in the game (and the identical move later in the first half which took Southwell a bit wider of the goal) which didn't quite settle for Southwell to finish. From that display I can't see how either Jones or Robbins can be rated so highly that they go straight into that strike force. I don't think Sands is the best ST in the league by a long shot but he offers significantly more than either Jones or Robbins, in terms of work rate, awareness and general team play. He won headers, held the ball up and did everything you ask for from a ST with his skillset, especially playing alongside Southwell who will feed off him a lot.

Also, the sooner the awful set piece routines are kicked out the better, we have a strong aerial presence and decide to work the ball into the box from tight angles. Waste so many good opportunities from set pieces its unbelievable.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »
Keep the back four the same however think the midfield needs to be:
                                               Kane, Hilliard ,Roberts ,Jay
                                                           Yah yaa (given free role in a 5)
                                                               or
                                                     Dale and Jones
                                                      (up top if a 2)

Hilliard need to be in center midfield he is our most comfortable player on the ball when Zac is not in the side.
*and to stop going from back to front in 1 aimless ball.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 06:34:38 PM »
The results of some of the games tonight might give us a better idea of where we stand regards qualifying for the playoffs.

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 06:47:42 PM »
    Ferriby at Stalybridge,(and Lowestoft v Worcester) tonight already postponed

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 01:49:17 PM »
According to a club statement, the supporter who racially abused Wayne Thomas has been identified and issued with a lifetime ban.

Good stuff from the club - an entirely appropriate punishment and a strong message to everyone else that such behavior is not acceptable.