Author Topic: oh dear. ...  (Read 9697 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
oh dear. ...
« on: February 13, 2016, 05:14:03 PM »
Frustrating. ...
One of them days :(

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
Re: oh dear. ...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 05:43:48 PM »
Frustrating. ...

That's two of them days then.....
tax free sarcasm and irony included

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 06:10:52 PM »
Let's reel out the clinches  ::) How many of "one of them days" have we endured this season already. It's teams like Stalybridge that we've consistently failed to perform against for many seasons. Den should know by now that these teams like to slow us down amd pounce on any mistakes we make defensively. The first half we missed several excellent chances and gifted them their first 2 goals. Yes we had some decent play but that's totally irrelevant when you're not taking the opportunities presented. It's beyond me how we can play resonably well for the first 45 and then come out second half, stop doing the things we were doing well from the first half and go on to offer virtually nothing.

I personally think the revolving door of players is hampering any consistency we build. It's so disruptive to any squad when it's been constantly changed and players dropped. Yes, changes in personnel need to happen as we learn our best 11 but I think this seasons chopping and changing has been too much to build a promotion winning squad. Feel free to shoot me down when we make the play offs and get promoted. We've been in and around the playoffs for such a long time now, let's just we don't have too many more of these one of them days. It would be real shame to chuck the opportunity of the play offs away.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 06:22:15 PM »
Frustrating. ...

Really?

With respect,you were obviously watching a different game to me today (vSC).
IMO we were rubbish!

We were out-thought tactically from kick-off...
Venney is not up to it,it took him 25 minutes to touch the ball...
If Rollins was fit to come on as substitute,he should have started...
Burgess is not good enough...
Spiess was completely at fault for their crucial second goal...he could have just booted it clear...
To start any football game with 3 debutants is ridiculous IMO...
Why do we persist with 4-3-3 and keep booting the ball upfield?
Perhaps our best attacking outlet,Kane,was desparate for the ball in the second half,but nobody would pass to him!

Players coming and going doesnt help,but with all of these changes we have once again shot ourselves and we may now struggle to make the playoffs when we were in such a brilliant league position a month ago...

I repeat...we were truely dreadfull today...

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 06:28:52 PM »
I'm pleased I never went by the sounds of it!
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 07:01:35 PM »
Two weeks on the trot we have created numerous chances in the first half and no one with the nous to put any away. Unless we get Dayle back in double quick time I just can't see where any goals are coming from. Bit disappointing to hear boos at half time as apart from the finishing we played quite well. Don't know if there were boos at the end as I had seen enough in the second half and left before the final whistle, totally peed off. Nowt else to say.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 08:25:03 PM »
I wasn't there today so i cannot comment on the display.  But what i can add is that i feel we always play much better at 4-4-2 and with the pace of Felix and Rollins either side we will always do damage and up top i would have liked Jones and Sands today who love him or hate him does a lot of grafting and opens up defenses. Another thing i don't like to see it a lack of a back up keeper on the bench, that is very worrying.  We now have to go on another run, and hope that it see's us into the play offs which i still believe we shall make by the way !!  Keep the faith, we can do it, and we never ever do things the easy way anyway.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 08:32:04 PM »
Where are all the happy clappers? I'd be genuinely interested to hear anything vaguely resembling a positive spin......
tax free sarcasm and irony included

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 08:53:13 PM »
Where are all the happy clappers? I'd be genuinely interested to hear anything vaguely resembling a positive spin......

Good for the moaners to have their day,  had very little to complain about for a long time .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 09:00:06 PM »
I wasn't there today so i cannot comment on the display.  But what i can add is that i feel we always play much better at 4-4-2 and with the pace of Felix and Rollins either side we will always do damage and up top i would have liked Jones and Sands today who love him or hate him does a lot of grafting and opens up defenses. Another thing i don't like to see it a lack of a back up keeper on the bench, that is very worrying.  We now have to go on another run, and hope that it see's us into the play offs which i still believe we shall make by the way !!  Keep the faith, we can do it, and we never ever do things the easy way anyway.

Unfortunately, I was there today and can comment on the display.  I would prefer us to play 4-4-2 with Felix and Rollins out wide and Roberts and Hilliard in the middle.  Wasn't impressed with Ngamvoulou today who hardly won a header and didn't look to have the commitment needed.  Venney does put in a shift and has real skill but he is so small and slight that I don't think he is ready for this league, let alone a promotion push.  In the absence of Southwell I would prefer Sands with Jones up front.

Please Dennis, have al look at Spiess' boots and see if he needs longer studs.  Twice he was down like a novice on a skating rink.  The second slip he tried to grab the player to pull him back and if had he would have been sent off and we had no keeper on the bench.     
United we stand..................

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 09:13:55 PM »
Well from today's game a lot stood out for the wrong reasons. Some of the players in that team today aren't good enough for this level of football. Apart from a couple of powerful runs and some headers, Ngamvoulou did nothing for me, this wasn't helped by playing in a midfield three including Venney who doesn't seem ready for this level of football, he showed glimpses of some technical ability but for the majority couldn't influence the game. The game today was lost in midfield. Stalybridge had powerful and physical players who looked like they were far more tactically aware when compared to ours, with gaps being left all over the shop for them to exploit (which they did).

Burgess for me did okay, considering he is CB playing RB on his debut. He made a couple of mistakes yes but all players were guilty of that today, some more than others. He looked to receive the ball constantly and won his far share of aerial duels, tracking back well throughout the game.

I feel for Spiess, he should have done a lot better with the second goal but it remains to be seen whether the ball bobbled or didn't bounce how he expected it too, but we'll have to wait and see. He still made some good saves behind a defence and midfield that at times were easy to play through.

The team looked all over the place, especially in the second half, and didn't look like they understood how they were set up to play, sometimes going direct to Jones (who was ineffectual for most of the game) or retaining possession, with a chronic lack of width hampering this style of play all game. Until it finally showed up in the last 10 minutes. We looked like we lacked ideas especially after going 2-0 down and looking to get ourselves back into the game. The lack of plan B to change the game was ridiculous. There were 3 strikers on the bench but instead we put Garner upfront?! We have Sands, Johnson and Lavelle-Moore yet we put the CB up there, with two subs remaining... that is simply ludicrous. When considering that Jones was isolated for large swathes of the game, putting a supporting striker on would have given us another option and gives Stalybridge something else to worry about.

Credit has to be given to them for the way they played, because their gameplan worked to a tee. The time wasting was absurd however, not helped by the incompetence of the referee who always seems to have a shocking display whenever he is down for one of our games.

Overall a very bad day at the office, which are happening a bit too often.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 09:18:13 PM »
Have said it before - New players all well and good but only if they're better than what we've got. Venny more effective than Dixon ? Not in the two games I've seen him. And Robbins was a match winner. Where's the match winners now ? Sands ? What about the other new striker ? Wasn't impressed with him the other week at Gloucester - and never even got on today.

Think the season is going to fall away for us. File this game in the same bin as Worcester away, Lowestoft away and Gloucester away. Chances made at nil nil but when the crunch came and we really needed to fight back, well, feeble.

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 09:31:15 PM »
Without Mills Southwell  and  Mcavoy who are 3 outstanding players any team will struggle. The loss of Richards is à big big loss as well

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 10:00:16 PM »
Have said it before - New players all well and good but only if they're better than what we've got. Venny more effective than Dixon ? Not in the two games I've seen him. And Robbins was a match winner. Where's the match winners now ? Sands ? What about the other new striker ? Wasn't impressed with him the other week at Gloucester - and never even got on today.

Think the season is going to fall away for us. File this game in the same bin as Worcester away, Lowestoft away and Gloucester away. Chances made at nil nil but when the crunch came and we really needed to fight back, well, feeble.

TEP
Robbins can be fast, but he can also be lazy. Ask Stamford fans of their opinions. He also seems temperamental, and if that is the case how can anyone say what goes on behind the scenes. Don't get me wrong, i liked him when he was on form, but he was frustrating to watch during many games too.  Sands has a higher workrate and is far more powerful, give him more games at this level and he will get the goals. Remember its not that many games ago he made the step up.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »
The manager admits that we have to go in front in the first half in any game to have a chance of winning, if this is the case which it certainly appears to be, could it be that the teams general fitness is not what it should be? It is clear that work takes place on free kicks but is general fitness taken for granted? I may be way off the mark on this but there is certainly something amiss with recent second half performances.  UTP.