Author Topic: oh dear. ...  (Read 9698 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: oh dear. ...
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 10:07:11 PM »
Robbins - fast or slow or lazy isn't the point here - he can be a match winner. We are definitely missing Southwell's goals but that's no excuse for letting them in at the other end. Our defensive record has been just as poor even with Mills in the side.

For me, Dennis Greene gets through too many players. Sometimes we need more of a plan - tailoring the strategy according to the circumstances. His solution all too often is to just throw different players at it.

TEP

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 10:18:09 PM »

For me, Dennis Greene gets through too many players. Sometimes we need more of a plan - tailoring the strategy according to the circumstances. His solution all too often is to just throw different players at it.

TEP

He could have taken a leaf from the fatty fraud playbook, and took the left back off and thrown a sixth forward on.......??????? ........and we still wouldn't have won.

As above, too many changes. Settled teams make winning runs. Too much chop and change, and you get what you got today.... bugger all. Previous 8 games gained 6 wins.....why unsettle what was doing well.

In danger of missing out now, when play-offs should have been in our own hands.
tax free sarcasm and irony included

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 10:21:50 PM »
Poor result today and very poor second half performance. Would have liked to have seen Sands come on instead of Garner up front. Missing some key players today in McEvoy, Southwell and Mills. Lacked a ball winner in midfield. Venney doesn't appear to be up to this level of football. Marrs and Roberts were our positives today along with Felix and Hillard first half. Hopefully with a bit of a break again the three mentioned will be available next match. Would have been stronger the last few weeks with Dixon and Robbins instead of their replacements who don't have the same pedigree. Fair play to Dennis for being honest and admitting we struggle to come back after conceding in games first. Lads need to be coached a bit on how to be more streetwise against the likes of Stalybridge. Officials had an absolute shocker today but their performance wasn't the reason Boston lost today. Need to keep things in perspective as we still have a good shot at the play offs which could depend on keeping our key players fit.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
Robbins - fast or slow or lazy isn't the point here - he can be a match winner.

TEP

Obviously not if he chooses to be slow or lazy, as he wouldn't be winning a ball let alone a match. And that is my point. Sands is a far better option in my opinion.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 11:46:14 PM »
Robbins - fast or slow or lazy isn't the point here - he can be a match winner.

TEP

Obviously not if he chooses to be slow or lazy, as he wouldn't be winning a ball let alone a match. And that is my point. Sands is a far better option in my opinion.

I agree, he has more of a presence on the field for more of the time he's out there. He looks like a player who will score if he's give a proper run in the side, but yet again it comes down to settling the side, as players who are in and out will never be able to give consistency.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 10:30:07 AM »
Robbins showed that he had the nous and ability to put away some of the chances we had yesterday. Even if he didn't do much more in a game, that would be enough for me to play him ahead of Jones.
Putting Dixon out on loan was another strange decision IMO.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 11:02:21 AM »
I wouldn't take Jones out the game, is work rate and ball winning is one of the standouts, think we had better options yesterday that wasn't used, not going to slate the new guy as its one game but at half time the game was already crying out for him to be subbed with sands, instead of pushing Gardner up, a lot of comments around about needing southwell,mills back but IMO if we want to go up we need to be able to cover these players easily

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2016, 11:37:15 AM »
I wouldn't take Jones out the game, is work rate and ball winning is one of the standouts, think we had better options yesterday that wasn't used, not going to slate the new guy as its one game but at half time the game was already crying out for him to be subbed with sands, instead of pushing Gardner up, a lot of comments around about needing southwell,mills back but IMO if we want to go up we need to be able to cover these players easily

How do you "cover" the leagues top goalscorer "easily"?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:38:54 AM by green hats mate »

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2016, 12:49:23 PM »
SC were direct when they did attack, whereas our players tried to pass too much and some of the passes were shocking and ended up playing themselves into trouble.  Garner has a habit of just launching the ball forwards without looking and I felt sorry for Felix in the second half who, despite out wide with nobody marking him, hardly got a touch of the ball.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 03:56:41 PM »
SC were direct when they did attack, whereas our players tried to pass too much and some of the passes were shocking and ended up playing themselves into trouble.  Garner has a habit of just launching the ball forwards without looking and I felt sorry for Felix in the second half who, despite out wide with nobody marking him, hardly got a touch of the ball.

Please clarify....we're we poor because we "pass too much" or "launching the ball forward"? #confusedopinion

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 07:14:51 PM »
Twelve games left to play ,  if we match the points return of the last 12 games we will finish on 72 points .
I think the fitness and return of Southwell on top form will hopefully carry us through to 75 points .

Things change quickly at the Jakeman,s .    3/4 weeks ago some were calling for new signings to boost numbers when we had to put youths on the bench ,   Today complaints about new players being brought in .!!!

Robbins inconsistent ,not ideal for a team looking to make the play-offs .
Only a bench warmer at Boston and now a bench-warmer at Corby .

Bannovallum Bill

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 07:45:44 PM »
Robbins........Lose him at your club's peril! He WAS your match winner and you let him go! Mind you here at Horncastle we are having a duff season - could you lend us some of your fringe players to help out please?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 08:29:44 PM »
Robbins showed that he had the nous and ability to put away some of the chances we had yesterday. Even if he didn't do much more in a game, that would be enough for me to play him ahead of Jones.
Putting Dixon out on loan was another strange decision IMO.

Except the moaners don't like Robbins when he's on the pitch, as he's lazy. Now he's gone, people are wanting him on the pitch... amazing!

Also, Dixon has shown nothing this season to say he would have made any difference yesterday. He was fantastic last season, not sure what happened to him over the summer.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/