Author Topic: Different team getting my support on Saturday!!  (Read 2907 times)

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
Different team getting my support on Saturday!!
« on: January 28, 2016, 06:51:44 PM »
With not being able to get down to Cheltenham on Sunday, I'm staying local for my football fix this weekend and going along to see the team where I live (although there are other teams actually closer geographically to home). I'm off to the FA Cup match at the Macron Stadium, Bolton Wanderers v Leeds United. Apart from local loyalty, I'm trying to think of what the other reason is that I want so very much to see a Bolton win!!

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
Re: Different team getting my support on Saturday!!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 12:11:05 PM »
Long story which I won't bore you all with ends with me going to the Leeds v Forest next week with a friend, who supports Forest.  We got the tickets free so I'm looking forward to hurling abuse at the home dugout (which I'm told we are sat close to) safe in the knowledge that if I'm chucked out its cost me nothing  :)

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 01:20:32 PM »
....if I'm chucked out its cost me nothing  :)

Make sure that you're not thrown out of the ground with no money, no mobile phone and be left to fend for yourself like somebody else was.........

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 01:26:09 PM »
 ;D  ;)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »
Long story which I won't bore you all with ends with me going to the Leeds v Forest next week with a friend, who supports Forest.  We got the tickets free so I'm looking forward to hurling abuse at the home dugout (which I'm told we are sat close to) safe in the knowledge that if I'm chucked out its cost me nothing  :)

I know the seat you have got.  It has an obstructed view.  I did hear he has been put in landfill somewhere near Sheffield. :bunny
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Kearsley Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 03:03:02 PM »

Well I hope you have better luck me MNH - I didn't get to see Mr. Evans lose as hoped. Sure enough, both he and Paul Raynor were throwing their hands in the air everytime they didn't like what decision the ref gave - or didn't give - and to see Evans milking the applause of the Leeds fans at the end was a bit toe-curling!! He made sure he was the last one on the pitch after the players had gone to applaud their fans and then trooped off.

Despite Bolton's efforts to get a big home crowd in - they'd done quite a bit of marketing and reduced admission from normal levels - I'm sure they were disappointed at the 17,336 attendance. My seat which gave me a cracking view - third row from the back on the lower tier and virtually on the halfway line - was £20. The Leeds contingent was apparently the biggest away support ever at the Macron (late Reebok) Stadium and they occupied both tiers at one end and one lower tier from corner flag to just before halfway. Local reports said it was 10,400 Bolton and 6,900 Leeds split.

As for the game itself, it wasn't the 'blood-and-thunder' cup-tie I was hoping for - infact our game last week against Hednesford had far more passion, excitment and drama. If anyone has seen the brief highlights on MOTD, I'm sure you'd agree that we'd have expected any of our goalies this season to have saved the Leeds' opening goal and that Dayle or Jonah would have buried the chance that Bolton missed right at the death.