Author Topic: v Curzon  (Read 9025 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
v Curzon
« on: January 09, 2016, 04:28:28 PM »
2 nil up at Curzon  8)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: v Curzon
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 04:58:15 PM »
A good win away and a clean sheet, hopefully the sign of things to come, building a solid defence around the new keeper  8)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 05:40:30 PM »
6 wins out of 7 in the league, up to 3rd behind North Ferriby, who won 3-1 at Solihull.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:43:26 AM »
Onwards and upwards! Don't even consider settling for the lottery of the play-offs - our Club is the best in this division and I am sure will get automatic promotion at the end of this season! Well done DG and for giving young Kofi Ross a place in the squad rather travelling again without a full compliment of players.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

mossleysmiffy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 03:31:59 PM »
Some pics from the "wrong end" at

http://mossleysmiffy.jalbum.net/CurzonAshtonBostonUtd09Jan16/

(Spotted you had a snapper so - stayed local  ;) )

Thought Liam Marrs had an excellent game for you guys ... until that silly kick near the end which should have been a red card IMHO.
worth a dabble:

www.sixtamesides.co.uk

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:30:20 AM »
I'm as guilty as many others in that this thread has only a few posts when it was an excellent result. They had only lost twice at home this season and only twice in their last 10 games. Well done Dennis and the team, certainly back in the hunt for the playoffs even though weve played a few more than others.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 11:27:26 AM »
Great win - didn't expect it to be honest. Wish I'd gone now. DIY won the day unfortunately against a seven hours travelling in the car.

TEP

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »
Any comments from those there on the new keepers performance?

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 02:04:59 PM »
certainly back in the hunt for the playoffs even though weve played a few more than others.

More than back in the hunt......the top 6 have now broken away quite considerably and Nuneaton's form seems to have fallen off a cliff.  I'd settle for a top three finish (nothing at all to do with my each-way bet in October at 66-1  :)), but the title is there for the taking.

On a separate note, I thought NFU were heading for oblivion at the start of the season when the Hull owner's son got bored with them?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »
certainly back in the hunt for the playoffs even though weve played a few more than others.

More than back in the hunt......the top 6 have now broken away quite considerably and Nuneaton's form seems to have fallen off a cliff.  I'd settle for a top three finish (nothing at all to do with my each-way bet in October at 66-1  :)), but the title is there for the taking.

On a separate note, I thought NFU were heading for oblivion at the start of the season when the Hull owner's son got bored with them?

And in October I put a 66-1 bet :) on us getting relegated  after reading the catalogue of errors Greene was alleged to have made in his team building by a few posters on here .

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 05:19:27 PM »
Any comments from those there on the new keepers performance?

Did well when called upon. Couple of saves, good at collecting the ball in the air and good kicking

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 05:23:17 PM »
What a great season we having so far this year,
I'm not always a fan of Dennis's tactics, but he does have a knack of getting average players from lower leagues to come and perform on our stage, not all are good enough but they are soon shipped out.

Think we can win the league? i'm not sure, although its open looks like Solihulls to throw away.

On NFU doesnt the chairman of these hobby clubs have to put money in the year before to enable them to spend?
If so they could be around next year also as they will be spending their FA Trophy money.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 06:10:11 PM »
It just miffs me that we didn't start like this. Only his first full season did we start quite well. Had we had the start of that year (first 11 games) this year we'd be right there

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 07:12:36 PM »
Would be interesting how many games are due to be played between the top 6 from now until the end of the season... and which of the 6 has the least 'big' games.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 08:53:46 PM »
It just miffs me that we didn't start like this. Only his first full season did we start quite well. Had we had the start of that year (first 11 games) this year we'd be right there

So we flew out the blocks the first year and missed the play-offs ,  started poorish last season and made the play-offs ,

It,s a marathon Josh !!!!