Author Topic: BBC Lincs . Steve Housham interview with Rob Makepeace .  (Read 27071 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BBC Lincs . Steve Housham interview with Rob Makepeace .
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 08:41:16 PM »
Trinity are attempting to cover themselves from any charges/action from the BBC, as a club. They've not exonerated Housham at all, but them drawing a line under it does not do them any favour as a community (!) club.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:42:49 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 11:29:47 PM »
Most of the reactions on here are probably what Housham is after. Treat him as he deserves by ignoring him. As a Bostonian born and bred, I really can't get upset by, or be bothered to get worked up over, such puerile comments.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 09:00:42 AM »
Most of the reactions on here are probably what Housham is after. Treat him as he deserves by ignoring him. As a Bostonian born and bred, I really can't get upset by, or be bothered to get worked up over, such puerile comments.

Sorry OP but I do not agree ,  People other than Pilgrim and football fans will find his comments distressful.

VERY BRIEFLY .
Last night I noticed I had overlooked a pm on the trinity forum ,  this pm was from Steve Housham .  It appeared to have been sent round about the same  time as the club published a statement .
I responded to Steve by promising to answer email but could not last night due to the after effects of hospital treatment i was too tired .

I will come back later today to reveal details of what Steve had to say and what he failed to say .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 05:12:54 PM »
As stated above I received a PM from Steve Housham sent yesterday at about the same time as the club released a statement distancing itself from Housham .

Said he was so sorry for me and the Boston fans and did not want to upset us .
No mention of an apology to Rob Makepeace  of people inflicted with physical impediments.

Steve appears to think he his being bullied by the other boys in the playground ,
its a man,s game Steve , not the game to be in if you cannot stand on your own two feet .

Seems concerned about having an image problem ,  any one got any slimming tips for him .

Clearly at the time he sent this email they were hoping to get out the mess with the pathetic club statement ,  still thinking Bostonians are mugs .  Showed no sign of genuine remorse for his behaviour and still showing distain

I sent an email this morning to Radio BBC Lincs for an update on where they were at on the matter .

BREAKING NEWS .

Seen on Mark Whiley twitter that Steve has made a full apology today .
Clearly our claims for one is fully vindicated .  leaving the question why not before ?
Was it just Steve,s appalling judgement or did he receive bad advice .?

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 05:59:34 PM »
Let's not get all emotional and think argh Steve has apologised,

This man has over stepped the line and gone on radio with his comments,
He has continuously goaded us for a few years now and this is a personal statement against ALL BUFC fans.
Don't waste your time complaining to BBC nothing will be done,
Just email the FA and also our own Lincolnshire FA ,
Let's hope someone at the club also complain, although not even a mention on our site yet!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 07:35:48 PM »
Let's not get all emotional and think argh Steve has apologised,

This man has over stepped the line and gone on radio with his comments,
He has continuously goaded us for a few years now and this is a personal statement against ALL BUFC fans.
Don't waste your time complaining to BBC nothing will be done,
Just email the FA and also our own Lincolnshire FA ,
Let's hope someone at the club also complain, although not even a mention on our site yet!!

It was only a begrudging apology , Housham and his club tried the best to avoid an apology, only when they they saw they were digging themselves into a deeper hole did they concede defeat ,  completely losing face .
It will be nice to hear what the BBC have to say on the matter , but garry is right they will not have the power to meter out punishment .

Don,t see why the FA cannot accept a complaint of bringing the game into disrepute from a member of public .

Has anyone received a response from the BBC Radio Lincs yet ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 08:36:20 PM »

The BBC respond to complaints within 10 working days.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 09:16:17 AM »

The BBC respond to complaints within 10 working days.

Thanks P86,   Hope they take into account impatience and speed it up ,  after all Steve Househam sent me one in less than 48hrs of the broadcast and I did,nt even correspond with him.

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 10:05:23 AM »
being Boston born and (in)bred ive found this all quite interesting. Housham was totally out of order in what he said, RM asked him a couple of times to retract his comment but he refused.

Gainsboring's apology was again poorly handled, SH is an employee of theres and a representative of the club and by trying to distance them from his comments was again a poor show.

What i find amusing is that Dennis has totally got under Houshams skin, all Dennis's digs have been football related about 26 fans, defensive play, scared of BUFC's attacking options etc. Housham didnt have a come back on that he tried to make it about Boston as a town and failed, he could have said weve played one another 3 times this year and they have the better results as in 2 wins, fair enough!

time to leave it now, hes not said anything that a lot of us dont hear on a regular basis. The away fans chants have changed from the Boston family chant sang to the Adams family tune (dont really want to put the words in as it really is offensive) to your all Polish etc etc so its old hat.

Hopefully we wont have to play them next year in the league but I suspect we will and that will be fun.

As my mum always said, sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:42:30 AM by Ferret »

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2016, 11:06:22 AM »
Housham came across as quite a pathetic individual whilst delivering his apology on the Drivetime show yesterday afternoon. Talk is cheap and other than Radio Lincolnshire I doubt he's fooling anyone but kudos to William Wright for his prompting throughout the show.

The F.A are looking into the matter and feel that rules relating to conduct have been broken.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03cnb1m#play  (02:23 - 02:31)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2016, 01:38:12 PM »
Housham came across as quite a pathetic individual whilst delivering his apology on the Drivetime show yesterday afternoon. Talk is cheap and other than Radio Lincolnshire I doubt he's fooling anyone but kudos to William Wright for his prompting throughout the show.

The F.A are looking into the matter and feel that rules relating to conduct have been broken.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03cnb1m#play  (02:23 - 02:31)
"so kiss and make up you two"
that is about right to me......
its getting dragged out of all proportion

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2016, 08:32:41 AM »
The away fans chants have changed from the Boston family chant sang to the Adams family tune (dont really want to put the words in as it really is offensive) to your all Polish etc etc so its old hat.
Chants of "En-ger-land" as well. Shows how simple their fans (and club) really are. But if Housham is your leader, good luck to you...

I think Dennis should send Housham a box of Cadbury's fingers, a copy of the current league table and a little note to say "Hope you stay up, as you may then just be the 1 division below us next season" and sign it with a kiss.

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 05:42:13 PM »
Was Housham trying to get a Duke Of Edinburgh Award with his comment?  ;)