Author Topic: BBC Lincs . Steve Housham interview with Rob Makepeace .  (Read 27106 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BBC Lincs . Steve Housham interview with Rob Makepeace .
« on: January 01, 2016, 07:37:06 PM »
Many fans who heard the above interview on Lincs Sport tonight will like myself feel upset by the comments made by Steve Housham re: Dennis Greene and Boston .    Credit to Rob Makepeace he twice offered Housham the chance
to apologise, each time to his shame he refused .    Credit again to Rob who offered apologies twice on Houshams behalf .   I think those who heard the comments will suggest they were the type of comments not to be made on  radio in this day and age . 

I have started a thread on GTFC forum for the attention of fans who did not hear the comments .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BBC Lincs . Steve Housham interview with Rob Makepeace .
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 08:20:45 PM »
First thing he does in the discussion after Dennis's interview is played, is blame DG! He says Dennis talked about their 'tactics' too much, but all he's done since is done the same... mentioning the long throws.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 08:24:28 PM »
is there a link to it? if not,what did he say?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 08:26:03 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03c7fb0#play

Sports Special starts 2 hours in.. he mentions something about the number of fingers on each hand.

Skip to 2:32:00 - he thinks he can say whatever he likes on the radio!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 08:34:58 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Lord Lucan

• Happy Monkey Say Monkey Do Clapper season2014-2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 11:14:22 PM »
As politely as I can put this what a load of "male bovine manure" was spoken in the above interview, and would refer to the  below quote
Lets be more positive lets take the GRIM out of pilGRIM patter.
(from a so called on many occasions happy clapper)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 06:57:02 PM »
I see they almost conceded a handful at North Ferriby today... coupled with red cards for dangerous tackles by Jarman (!) and Brogan.

Oh dear, at least Housham will be having his favourite chocolate snack tonight...

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 07:10:19 PM »
Hopefully someone from the club will report his comments to the FA??
I have reported it to BBC complaints and urge others to do same.
Housham has goaded our fans for long enough and gets away with it.
Pity that brick didn't hit him..

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 09:02:20 PM »

Thick t@@t probably wouldn't realise until someone else told him it had happened. So pleased the fat g@t got what he deserved today, I.e. f@@@ all. I'd plead with the trinity directors to leave him in post, cos while he is, it'll ensure at least 1 lincolnshire team is still in the north next year, cos he's going nowhere near the play offs with a self congratulating pie eating sh@t talking attitude. I don't often say this, but thanks ferriby!
tax free sarcasm and irony included

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 10:00:27 PM »

Thick t@@t probably wouldn't realise until someone else told him it had happened. So pleased the fat g@t got what he deserved today, I.e. f@@@ all. I'd plead with the trinity directors to leave him in post, cos while he is, it'll ensure at least 1 lincolnshire team is still in the north next year, cos he's going nowhere near the play offs with a self congratulating pie eating sh@t talking attitude. I don't often say this, but thanks ferriby!

Did,nt think anyone could bring delight to Boston fans by losing at NFU ,  but yes WKP great delight by Ferriby,s win today .

On the Gainsborough forum there are 5or 6 fans who  like SH  fail to see the offensive nature of the interview .
Of these supporters on the thread one is a SIDHOUSHAM and another is a BETTY HALL claiming to be his MUM (yes really),  how pathetic is that ,
Any idea why you are a laughing stock on social media Steve ?

Unless I have missed something Dennis Greene to his credit has correctly  kept a dignified silence ,  hope Dennis continues devoting his time to winning matches and leave the business of dealing with matters related to the TINPOT manager to others .

We should follow garry,s advice and submit a complaint to the BBC ,  this will not reflect badly on Rob Makepeace as cleary Rob did  all that he could rectify the situation .   

Again as garry suggests Housham should be reported to the FA .  I see no reason why members of the public cannot submit complaints.

WSP suggests that Housham is thick ,  and Housham,s comments bear this out .  surely any manager should realise comments such as those he made can provoke trouble  on the terraces .

Lets get our complaints submitted  to BBC and The FA .

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 12:11:20 AM »
That comment by Housam is vile. He hides behind it being a one on one bit of banter between himself and Greene yet in reality it's a cop out. Does Housam not even realize Dennis isn't from round here. ????

chris47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
At least the club have done the right thing by making an official apology on the GTFC website

Tony Goor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »
Pleased to see Trinity have apologised. But, I'm afraid, that is not good enough. Gainsborough Trinity did not make the offensive comments, but an employee of their did.  That employee should apologise to the people of Boston for that very offensive remark.  Why on earth should he not take responsibility for his own remarks.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 04:18:25 PM »
Many fans who heard the above interview on Lincs Sport tonight will like myself feel upset by the comments made by Steve Housham re: Dennis Greene and Boston .    Credit to Rob Makepeace he twice offered Housham the chance
to apologise, each time to his shame he refused .    Credit again to Rob who offered apologies twice on Houshams behalf .   I think those who heard the comments will suggest they were the type of comments not to be made on  radio in this day and age . 

I have started a thread on GTFC forum for the attention of fans who did not hear the comments .

No credit at all he should have ended it there. Also bbc shite dont seem to care

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 05:32:35 PM »
Their chairman, not content with making unsubstantiated claims about "our fans", then publicly states his reluctance to "get involved" in this matter.

Therefore, I feel the resultant apology is little more than a lame attempt to dissuade complaints and is as empty as Houshams head.

Send those complaints in.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »
Their chairman, not content with making unsubstantiated claims about "our fans", then publicly states his reluctance to "get involved" in this matter.

Therefore, I feel the resultant apology is little more than a lame attempt to dissuade complaints and is as empty as Houshams head.

Send those complaints in.

Pleased to see Trinity have apologised. But, I'm afraid, that is not good enough. Gainsborough Trinity did not make the offensive comments, but an employee of their did.  That employee should apologise to the people of Boston for that very offensive remark.  Why on earth should he not take responsibility for his own remarks.

A patronising response from GTFC .  Offering a begrudging admission on behalf of the culprit who had lots of mouth to get himself and the club in a corner and has not the bottle or integrity to apologise to attempt retrieve the situation . I think that the club should now be held to share the blame Tony . 

Correct Boo,  thinking bostonians are mugs and hoping to get off light will not wash .

It appears every one except Housham is bright enough to grasp what a disgrace his behaviour was and how many people would feel offended , assuming of cause that BBC Lincs agree with these sentiments .

Understand your point Big M , I have never spoken to or meet Rob Makepeace but I think we should take into account that things are always easy with hindsight .  Again it says everything about Housham dropping a pro broadcaster in the sh*te when the said broadcaster was helping to promote GTFC .  Sadly Rob was like us, a victim of Housham childish behaviour .

I will be contacting BBC Lincs in the morning to get a take on there stance on the situation .   
When we get a response from them the next step to get a real solution  is to submit a complaint to The FA .