Author Topic: V. Gainsborough  (Read 5401 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
V. Gainsborough
« on: December 28, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »
Good win today. Should have a larger margin.
Rivas looked nervous 1st half but in the 2nd half we saw how windy it was as Butdz struggled with his kicking,
Thought Grant Roberts played very well again today.
Sands put in a shift
Back four stopped any great threat.
Did they have a shot on target?
Personally thought ref was poor today, the girl last week was better.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: V. Gainsborough
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:14:41 PM »
Has that performance helped heal the wounds of Lowestoft? Well aye a bit but if we had given half as much effort as was given today we would have been sitting on top of the league tonight. Very pleased Dennis got the message across and that the team responded in the right way. Thought they all put a shift in and have to say I was impressed with Sams never say die attitude although as against Stockport they all did well. Wonderful to see a great turn out let's hope the extra 750 home fans enjoyed it and want to come back on a regular basis the club deserves it.  UTP.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 07:27:07 PM »
Team and manager back to best . Felt sorry for Newsham with the tactics Housham employed , not Marc,s type of game and SH should have known it .

Like oxo I see a good player in Sands and I am sure the goals will soon materialise .

3 points next Saturday and we will be right back in the mix .

Has Mills got any more headers in his locker ? ;)

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 07:52:09 PM »
Very good performance today although Gainsborough were a poor side. Thought Hilliard and mills were our stand out performers today. Good attendance hopefully more can turn up for the coming Matches. Jarman should have got a straight red for the elbow on Zak first half no idea how that went unpunished. Three points again Saturday and we will have had a decent return from the Christmas fixtures.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 09:16:31 PM »
Team and manager back to best . Felt sorry for Newsham with the tactics Housham employed , not Marc,s type of game and SH should have known it .

Like oxo I see a good player in Sands and I am sure the goals will soon materialise .

Ho ho ho
tax free sarcasm and irony included

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 10:42:48 AM »
Very good performance today although Gainsborough were a poor side. Thought Hilliard and mills were our stand out performers today. Good attendance hopefully more can turn up for the coming Matches. Jarman should have got a straight red for the elbow on Zak first half no idea how that went unpunished. Three points again Saturday and we will have had a decent return from the Christmas fixtures.
Looked like a headlock to me, Jarman wanted to take him down with him. Horrible player.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 12:58:00 PM »

Ho ho ho

Sorry WKP ,   I could,nt resist knowing you always  take it all in good spirit !!!

Happy new year .

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2015, 08:00:22 PM »

Has Mills got any more headers in his locker ? ;) moo

Ho ho ho

Sorry WKP ,   I could,nt resist knowing you always  take it all in good spirit !!!

Happy new year .

No offence taken, I love the irony of it all!
I was going to claim that dennis "the genius" greene read patter and sent zak up for the set piece, having said to himself "maybe Wkp has a point"!  :)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 07:45:49 PM »
The Gainsborough chairman has tweeted that their supporters bus had a window smashed by a home supporter after the game. If true, then what an absolute moron we have amongst us. Does anyone know anything about this? If the club can identify the perpetrators they should be banned from United home matches for life.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 09:09:14 PM »
Be surprised if it's a boston fan who follows the club most weeks, never come across any serious bother with away fans while I've been going, probably some scrote from away who fancied a bank holiday day out.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 09:04:35 AM »
I had to laugh at Housham and his clown mate on the radio, just listened to it,
Likens us to North ferriby with long balls and throw ins, reckons we scored from long throw??
Mills must move fast if he threw it in then scored??
Hilliard crossed from free kick for the goal and what good crosses he seems to be putting in looks like being a good addition, thought he must of been close to being MOM but wouldn't argue with Mills getting it.

Shame about the bus, If true, can never understand why the away bus is allowed to cause traffic chaos and move down York street.
When I walked past it moron on seat 2 from back on drivers side was goading and making gestures towards our fans obviously thought he was safe ?? reap what you sow boy, although it shouldn't excuse the window being broken.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »
I had to laugh at Housham and his clown mate on the radio, just listened to it,
Likens us to North ferriby with long balls and throw ins, reckons we scored from long throw??
Mills must move fast if he threw it in then scored??
Hilliard crossed from free kick for the goal and what good crosses he seems to be putting in looks like being a good addition, thought he must of been close to being MOM but wouldn't argue with Mills getting it.

Shame about the bus, If true, can never understand why the away bus is allowed to cause traffic chaos and move down York street.
When I walked past it moron on seat 2 from back on drivers side was goading and making gestures towards our fans obviously thought he was safe ?? reap what you sow boy, although it shouldn't excuse the window being broken.

Horsham's a fat tw"t whose own tactics cost his team any chance in the game. If you haven't done so, read the trinity forum, and see what a panning his own lot give him! Housham reminds me very much of fatty mcfraud. It's never his fault, and he's got the longest list of excuses in semi-pro football. I hope he has another successful mid-table season, cos he'll keep his job bad we'll beat him again next year.