Author Topic: gainsborough 28/12/2015 referee  (Read 5526 times)

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
gainsborough 28/12/2015 referee
« on: December 27, 2015, 06:04:28 PM »
young referee for a derby.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/meet-josh-smith-the-youngest-league-official-2594120.aspx

he also refereed our 3-1 defeat to gainsborough in lincs senior cup during pre season (29th july 2015)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 06:09:26 PM by uncleremus »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: gainsborough 28/12/2015 referee
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 07:15:37 PM »
Brace yourself for the moans of " Its not a derby " now you've said that  !!   :rudolph :bunny :rudolph

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »
he also refereed our 3-1 defeat to gainsborough in lincs senior cup during pre season (29th july 2015)
It was last season, 2014.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 08:14:18 PM »
Let's hope he is a better referee than the one against Stockport.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 08:45:59 PM »
[/quote
Thought she did well once she settled down.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 08:46:51 PM »
Doesn't matter who is reffing it if the players play like they did yesterday....

This ref also was at the Solihull game where he failed to send off their lad for a professional foul which led to our penalty

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »

She was the best ref we've had all season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 09:12:39 PM »

She was the best ref we've had all season.

And best by a mile, no-one else has come close
tax free sarcasm and irony included

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 11:33:01 PM »
She missed/didn't see the disgraceful challenge on Dayle, studs straight into his ankle.

Gave the no7 a free kick for squealing and holding his poor face when garner challenged fairly and caught his chest, she only didn't book Garner because he jumped up and made a miraculous recovery causing a melee and still gave free kick to them.

missed the number 9 assaulting Pidge every time we had a corner or free kick, only gave one when he actually handled in box wich led to our penalty..
The penalty, what a absolute lack of control she showed letting Stockport players disrupt the taking of the penalty by consistently showing unsporting behaviour with no bookings.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2015, 12:11:46 AM »
She missed/didn't see the disgraceful challenge on Dayle, studs straight into his ankle.

Gave the no7 a free kick for squealing and holding his poor face when garner challenged fairly and caught his chest, she only didn't book Garner because he jumped up and made a miraculous recovery causing a melee and still gave free kick to them.

missed the number 9 assaulting Pidge every time we had a corner or free kick, only gave one when he actually handled in box wich led to our penalty..
The penalty, what a absolute lack of control she showed letting Stockport players disrupt the taking of the penalty by consistently showing unsporting behaviour with no bookings.

Just goes to show how differently we can all see things. I thought, and see a previous post, she refused to allow a team of whinging bullies take over the game, and kept a lid on their antics without the need to constantly book players. I agree with the penalty area antics both by #9, but it's part of today's game, and during the penalty take and retake, but she had the balls to order the retake, when many refs we've had this year certainly wouldn't have done. Refs don't always need to flash cards to maintain control.
tax free sarcasm and irony included

pilgrim in exile

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2015, 12:28:37 AM »
ive seen more boston games this season than i have for a long while , and i thought the ref for the stockport game was one of the worst ive seen for several seasons ,indecisive ,over reliant on her linesmen giving decisions she should of ,poor use of advantage ,and the penalty was a shambles ,she got the retake correct but set precedent that she would tolerate disrespect which carried on as she left the pitch at half time .

uncleremus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 09:59:43 AM »
Didn,t realise until I googled her that she I best known by her maiden name (Amy Rayner).

The one who Mike Newell got in trouble when he said "She shouldn't be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist. This is not park football, so what are women doing here?".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 10:10:17 AM »

I think you have unfair high standards for level 6 in England. Any ref makes mistakes, as do players. She was still very good.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 11:29:25 AM »
Shut up don't be silly.
Unfair high standards ??
Though she was supposed to be higher than our level??

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 11:46:46 AM »
young referee for a derby.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/meet-josh-smith-the-youngest-league-official-2594120.aspx

I agree...but he has apparently run the line in the Football League...