Author Topic: v Lowestoft  (Read 7935 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
v Lowestoft
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:17:03 PM »
Awful today. On a par with Worcester away. Not looking too good for the immediate future with Southwell out.

TEP

spannerman

• View Profile
Re: v Lowestoft
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 07:32:59 PM »
was liam injured as has been outstanding for us or did dennis blame him for a goal ?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 09:09:26 PM »
A very good turn out from Boston fans today pity we felt cheated by the performance of the team. Dayle out for a month or so I am told so who gets to start the game in his place? a player who I have said several times before is a waste of space and not a bit of help to Jones who was one of the few that put in a shift despite an unfortunate own goal. Our star midfielder is played at left back disrupting what has developed in to a much improved mid field unit resulting in chaos. We were lucky to be only two down at the break but still in it, So why make three substitutions? I only ask because when the three new lads came on it was obvious they had no idea where they should be playing. This was a complete shambles and I dread to think what may happen on Monday, it was if the game had got in the way of the teams Christmas celebrations. I must say Zac Mills gave his everything.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 11:07:57 PM »
Somebody tell me this result is nothing but a sick joke. How can we lose to Lowestoft after such great results recently? Why, again, did we not take a full compliment of players, i.e. only 4 subs? It looks bad and I know there are lads in our Youth and U-21 set-ups who would have loved the chance to sit on the bench for the first team. At this rate, we may have to qualify via the play offs rather than gaining automatic promotion by winning this awful division!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2015, 11:41:50 PM »
There have been a number of occasions this season when we have been absolutely dreadful - usually away from home. We just fail to perform, full stop. And when we are bad, we are really bad. It doesn't happen all the time - away at Nuneaton we were great but we are having too many off days.

On paper we have some really good defenders but in practice our defensive unit is poor. I think this starts with the goalkeeper, who, whilst isn't a bad keeper, is young, not vocal enough, has no commanding presence and in my opinion fails to instil any confidence in the back four.

Automatic promotion ? We won't even make the play offs. Too inconsistent. We'll do well to finish about 8th.

TEP

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 10:10:07 AM »
[quote author=Tipps End Pilgrim ys.

On paper we have some really good defenders but in practice our defensive unit is poor. I think this starts with the goalkeeper, who, whilst isn't a bad keeper, is young, not vocal enough, has no commanding presence and in my opinion fails to instil any confidence

[/quote]

problem with the young keeper is the back four never know whether or not he's coming to get the ball. I wasn't at lowestoft, but it's not the first time this year an opposing forward has got between our defence and ravas and scored, or very nearly scored. He's young, so he'll learn but until then the confidence gap will remain, and our defence should take charge of everything and leave nothing to chance.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:05:31 PM by West keal pilgrim »
tax free sarcasm and irony included

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »
With McEvoy being out injured, the main problem with the squad is exposed - there is no other natural left back in the first team.  As for there only being four subs, what has happened to Mo Adams? Is he injured? Is he considered not good enough?

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 12:08:23 PM »
There have been a number of occasions this season when we have been absolutely dreadful - usually away from home. We just fail to perform, full stop. And when we are bad, we are really bad. It doesn't happen all the time - away at Nuneaton we were great but we are having too many off days.

On paper we have some really
but in practice our defensive unit is poor. I think this starts with the goalkeeper, who, whilst isn't a bad keeper, is young, not vocal enough, has no commanding presence and in my opinion fails to instil any confidence in the back four.

Automatic promotion ? We won't even make the play offs. Too inconsistent. We'll do well to finish about 8th.

TEP
I hate being negative about Zak, he's having a fantastic few games, but has anyone noticed, he never heads the ball, and playing at centre back against big players who now play away from pidge, Zak needs to add this to his repertoire in my opinion. A small point maybe, but you can't just have 1 defender going for headers, especially in our league. I've regularly thought that pidge gets dragged out of position following the aerial stuff, to cover others who can't or don't head.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2015, 12:14:18 PM by West keal pilgrim »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »
I saw Arsenal lost 4-0 to Southampton.Nobody really saw that coming. .......it's football!
Fairly unpredictable, but it happens.
The thing is in Level 6 it probably happens more often!

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 03:08:40 PM »
I'm hoping you're right hmn2p - a boxing day blip after an enjoyable Christmas dinner - hopefully Gainsborough will be a different story!  :xmasdeer

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 05:36:56 PM »
I hate being negative about Zak, he's having a fantastic few games, but has anyone noticed, he never heads the ball.

Never heads the ball. :)

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 09:10:00 PM »
I hate being negative about Zak, he's having a fantastic few games, but has anyone noticed, he never heads the ball.

Never heads the ball. :)

Ok, so he's gone up for one header that just happens to be caught on camera!!! Fair enough, maybe I'm wrong, but have an add up tomorrow, by all means, and I'll happily debate the point...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2015, 10:11:43 AM »
Mills often makes headed clearances, including blocking shots. We'd be poorer without him (look at the start of the season when he was injured).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »
Mills often makes headed clearances, including blocking shots. We'd be poorer without him (look at the start of the season when he was injured).

I agree with the fabulous blocks he makes. His reading of the game is usually spot on.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 03:57:38 PM »

I hate being negative about Zak, he's having a fantastic few games, but has anyone noticed, he never heads the ball. :dan

Half-time: Boston 1 Gainsborough 0 ( Mills header, 45 mins)