Author Topic: Oh dear....  (Read 9038 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear....
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 03:11:49 PM »
So you think that is acceptable to falsely accuse somebody of racism then.

That's not what I'm saying, no. From Streete's perspective he thought he'd heard something racist and therefore (in his eyes) he wasn't making a false accusation. It's just a misunderstanding that has been blown out of proportion.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 03:16:16 PM »
One thing, he was the only player to refuse jumping the barrier to fetch the ball - insisting a new one was thrown on. Our players managed to do it...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 03:22:15 PM »
Probably wasn't the wisest decision to confront the fans though. Luckily we're not a bad bunch with other teams that could have turned ugly. Why did he just not approach the stewards that stood near to us to see if they had heard anything they looked bemused when he was making the accusations.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 09:18:56 PM »
Went with low expectations - especially after my last game was against Worcester and with this being probably the toughest draw of the round.

Thought we played well and did enough to earn a replay. Just an unfortunate error but that's football. Definitely shouldn't fear them next week.

As mentioned above, weather was atrocious. Had to make a quick switch from shorts to jeans in the car park before the match. Talking of the car park, arrived about 1.55pm and never had to pay the advertised £2. May have been too early for them. And another thing - sensible pricing for the match. £10 adults and £5 OAP/Concession.

TEP

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 08:03:46 AM »

Having said the above, any criticism of the player on this forum is unfounded. I think we all know what Streete thought he heard, and if the comment had been correct then he would have been entirely justified in reacting the way he did. Racism is rare in football but there are pockets which do still need to be stamped out, and frankly well done to Floyd Streete for standing up and having the bottle to say his piece - even if he did misunderstand the voice in the crowd. He actually deserves some respect for making a stand and he's not a plonker or a tosser for doing so.

Are you for real? You want to praise an opposition player for falsely accusing our own fans of racial abuse when it's clear there was no such a action. What if said fan had been reprimanded by the authorities would streete still deserve respect? Fair enough there is no place for racism in football but soon enough you won't be able to shout your opinion at a game anymore

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 06:09:26 PM »
Car Park charge only kicks in at 2pm

Anyways, we didn't  miss out on anything.....

Grimsby away....

Sigh....

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 07:49:01 PM »
It's just the FA Trophy - a competition which, apart from the views of our friends at North Ferriby, has a limited appeal in 21st Century footy. We will go back to Solihull next week with a full compliment of players this time and win! Have faith in DG.

I think the majority of Pilgrim fans would have been happy to have had a good Trophy run .

We,ve got the the half way mark of the season and are yet to have a full squad to pick from ,  can,t see it happening in the next few weeks .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 07:53:03 PM »
Solihull away to Grimsby in next round.  We could have been there.... :(
United we stand..................

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 11:15:12 PM »

, and frankly well done to Floyd Streete for standing up and having the bottle to say his piece - even if he did misunderstand the voice in the crowd. He actually deserves some respect for making a stand and he's not a plonker or a tosser for doing so.
!

I'm amazed Floyd Streets still plays football in his 50's!!!!