Author Topic: Oh dear....  (Read 9039 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Oh dear....
« on: November 28, 2015, 05:28:51 PM »
....I fear the natives will be restless tonight.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear....
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 05:57:43 PM »
Poor game with errors aplenty but a blooper decided it. We just need to take our chances. They didn't show that much and a replay would've been about right

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 06:33:40 PM »
I think that this is only the second time in the club's history that they've failed to score a single goal in any of the cup competitions entered.

Time to arrange a Mather Cup match to try and find a goal. :)

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:14:04 PM »
....I fear the natives will be restless tonight.

With good reason...ok, I know I'm not in the dg fan club, but can anyone spin me a positive?
tax free sarcasm and irony included

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 07:17:09 PM »
Better than the league game earlier this season (fewer conceded, more chances for us, better all round performance)?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 07:23:04 PM »
Atleast now we should be able to concentrate on the League, and hope that some of the teams with games in hand of us do well in the Trophy so that they have a bigger build up of games to play.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 07:33:29 PM »
What was with the alleged racist chanting by some of our fans ??  I heard several reports, some saying it was nothing and some saying it was a bit out of order. Can anyone confirm what actually was chanted to upset the Solihull players and fans ???

Match wise, although i wasn't there it looked like from the twitter updates by both Bostons twitter and Solihulls that we were by far the more threatening team during the first 75mins.  Apart from the result, plenty of positives to bring to the game next week when we will be at full strength.  League is all that matters anyway, cup runs can bring in some cash but can be a distraction at the same time. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »
There was NO racist chanting at all, let's just get this straight. Solihull's number 5, captain Theo Streete, reacted in the game towards the end of the first half when heard a comment from the away section. However, someone actually shouted 'blind c*nt' at the REFEREE, nothing to do with Streete. However, on the half time whistle he came over to our section, and wanted to hold a discussion with us - asking us to not bring racism into the match! He obvioulsly misheard the comment, but unfortunately took it on himself to get to the bottom of it. The stewards close by heard what happened, and were a bit bemused by Streete's reaction.What a plonker.

Regarding the game, I feel we had the better chances and their keeper was the busier. We hit the post (after they had done so), and Robbins also had a great chance which he created for himself. Dixon should have forced a replay right at the end, but shot straight at the keeper.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 08:43:16 PM »
I don't normally stand in the midst of our vocal support but did so today and I can state that there was absolutely no racist chanting or racist remarks. Their captain came some sixty yards to confront the Boston supporters and I have to say everyone including the stewards were totally bemused, it is my opinion that he should be brought to task for such a stupid act.
Moving on to the game and as people know I will not hold back with my opinions however I have to say the boys did us proud today even in defeat. The weather was awful with constant heavy rain sweeping over the ground but we got the ball down and played some good stuff with Kain running at and causing panic among their defense ( back to his best). I cannot find the words to describe Pidges' performance so let's just say his usual 10/10. Marrs was his usual solid self giving his winger a rough time and allowing little past. Zack gave his all and Dayle covered every inch. It will be said that Henrich lost us the game by dropping the ball and yes it was a poor mistake but as I said the conditions were extremely difficult, it should also be said that the lad who poked the ball home was 100% offside (watch the highlights). For those that want to blame our keeper I say this, You had to be there to appreciate the conditions and you could equally blame our missed chances. So to sum up very disappointed with the result but not the teams efforts and hurry up back Jonah to kick start your marriage to Dayle and see us through to the play offs.                   

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 10:54:28 PM »
It's just the FA Trophy - a competition which, apart from the views of our friends at North Ferriby, has a limited appeal in 21st Century footy. We will go back to Solihull next week with a full compliment of players this time and win! Have faith in DG. 
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 11:50:50 PM »
There was NO racist chanting at all, let's just get this straight. Solihull's number 5, captain Theo Streete, reacted in the game towards the end of the first half when heard a comment from the away section. However, someone actually shouted 'blind c*nt' at the REFEREE, nothing to do with Streete. However, on the half time whistle he came over to our section, and wanted to hold a discussion with us - asking us to not bring racism into the match! He obvioulsly misheard the comment, but unfortunately took it on himself to get to the bottom of it. The stewards close by heard what happened, and were a bit bemused by Streete's reaction.What a plonker.

Thanks for explaining and clearing that up. What with several differing reports put about it seemed a confusing matter. Hopefully the referees report will mention that this player got things so wrong.

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »
Theo Streete what a tosser!  I hope we can take our chances next week, felt we were the better team yesterday and confident we can get a positive result next week. I was watching the game through beer tinted glasses yesterday though so my view might not be entirely accurate.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 10:58:14 AM »

Thanks for explaining and clearing that up. What with several differing reports put about it seemed a confusing matter. Hopefully the referees report will mention that this player got things so wrong.

I doubt the referee will mention it, he wasn't aware of what was happening and it was over nothing.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »

I rushed off in the direction of the tea bar and toilet as soon as the half-time whistle sounded so I didn't see what happened with Theo Streete at half-time. Like others though, I was there throughout the first half. The Boston fans were crammed into a small area and I'm sure nothing was shouted inappropriately towards Streete.

Having said the above, any criticism of the player on this forum is unfounded. I think we all know what Streete thought he heard, and if the comment had been correct then he would have been entirely justified in reacting the way he did. Racism is rare in football but there are pockets which do still need to be stamped out, and frankly well done to Floyd Streete for standing up and having the bottle to say his piece - even if he did misunderstand the voice in the crowd. He actually deserves some respect for making a stand and he's not a plonker or a tosser for doing so.

I was away at Blyth Spartans about 20 years ago when a home supporter directed some awful racist abuse at our own Leroy Chambers. It was horrible and most people in the ground must have heard it. Leroy turned round and stared at the fan but otherwise didn't respond and just got on the game. I wouldn't have criticised Leroy if he had reacted similarly to Streete, and if we're being rational then we shouldn't criticise Streete either.

I will criticise Streete in relation to the home league match at York Street earlier in the season - he made a challenge which put Kaine Felix out of the game for three months - it was a horror tackle which had no place in football and Streete should have been sent off. The ref awarded a penalty but failed to even book Streete (it would have been his second yellow card of that game). Any criticism on here of Streete regarding that challenge would be justified!

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »
So you think that is acceptable to falsely accuse somebody of racism then.