Author Topic: Worcester, will it be on?  (Read 14862 times)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Worcester, will it be on?
« on: November 17, 2015, 08:04:05 AM »
Heavy rain and strong winds predicted.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester, will it be on?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
Predicted to reach Fosdyke at 9.30 pm ,  have you located your nearest ER sign Dipdo.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:45:03 PM »
Predicted to reach Fosdyke at 9.30 pm ,  have you located your nearest ER sign Dipdo.
What a waste of money. I could always take shelter at your house ;D First floor of course.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 04:32:41 PM »
....just need a 17-0 win to go top then :-)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
....just need a 17-0 win to go top then :-)

Nunny would still have 3 points more than us.
United we stand..................

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »
Bugger

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 08:43:42 PM »
Probably one of the worst 45 minutes I have seen us play. Dreadful. Bring on the wind and pray for an abandonment.

TEP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 09:55:04 PM »
No excuses Greene you picked the team. How on earth could you drop Liam Marrs who has been our most reliable defender all season? How on earth can you start Robbins  when there is more go in a butchers dog?
Sorry but I am totally peed off with some of these team selections thank goodness I didn't waste my money and stayed at home listening to equally disgusted commentators. 

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »
Second half not much better. Hardly created any chances.

So difficult to pick out any positives. Maybe Dayle Southwell's running - that's about it. Defence looked fragile. Marrs on the bench - not sure why. No presence in midfield. Richards and Roberts totally outnumbered. Robins and Blinco out wide but hardly ever in the game. Sands up top - huffed and puffed but looks unfit.

Personally I think DG under estimated Worcester. They weren't a bad side and could have even had a couple more goals. Having such an attacking line up is a massive risk - particularly away from home. Yes it works now and again but so many times we get slaughtered for it. You've got to have a midfield as a minimum !!!

Not impressed. Trip to Alfreton is off .

TEP

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 10:59:35 PM »
Can confirm that we were really bad. Apart from a 5 minute spell early in the second half we were well below par. Dayle the only bright point really.

Have we ever won away at Worcester?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:38 PM »
Sorry.......we actually lost to Worcester City? With the team we had out the home side should have never been in contention. Not being flash but we hold the Aces in this division by having the best players, or at least the best strikers, in it. Confused.com. Temporary blip? 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:19:38 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 06:53:23 AM »
Just seen Dens interview and he says he might have got it wrong but to be fair it wasn't wholesale changes and we were playing a team in the bottom 3. As he said players lacked comitment and we should have got something from the game whatever the personel. Not going to get the 36 points at half stage of the season now, we need to hang on in there and push on in the new year. I keep harping on but I still think the midfield is still an area that Dens never got sorted, in games we win we often lose the midfield battles and its our goalscoring power that edges it for us, oh for a Ellender type player in there.

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 09:13:22 AM »
     Bonkers to drop Liam Marrs who, along with Dayle is our hardest working player, and has been a rock this season in an often sorely exposed defence. Worcester are a decent side with games in hand due to their cup run, and I think DG badly underestimated them.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 11:04:47 AM »
Interesting that several fans are starting to criticise Mr Genius. Whatever next.
I always seem to be agreeing with Oxo on here. My faith in the manager is zero.
He seems to have picked on Liam Marrs yet again by dropping him.

I keep saying it, but central midfield is our problem and I have been saying it
from the start of the season. All recent additions have been forwards yet again.

We have played 5 games more than lots in the top half of the league so now in
a false position. So frustrating with a better manager we should be top 4 in this league.

Over to the luvvies and Mr Genius supporters to defend him.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »
Poor performance - they managed to play in the awful conditions, why couldn't we? Was at the other end, but can imagine their first goal was taken away from Ravas by the wind - didn't seem too powerful.

Once we got the goal, we played a bit of football but then the goal took the wind from our sails (no pun intended) via a horrible mistake in front of our own goal. Thought we might nick a point as we did pressure them at the end, but ultimately a good save from the keeper denied us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/