Author Topic: Worcester, will it be on?  (Read 14905 times)

hozzer

• View Profile
Re: Worcester, will it be on?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 01:34:46 PM »
football web pages end of season forecast has us as finishing 10th, think we might be a couple of places higher but afraid playoffs may be a step too far this year unless we get the midfield sorted.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 04:56:20 PM »
Interesting that several fans are starting to criticise Mr Genius. Whatever next.
I always seem to be agreeing with Oxo on here. My faith in the manager is zero.
He seems to have picked on Liam Marrs yet again by dropping him.

I keep saying it, but central midfield is our problem and I have been saying it
from the start of the season. All recent additions have been forwards yet again.

We have played 5 games more than lots in the top half of the league so now in
a false position. So frustrating with a better manager we should be top 4 in this league.

Over to the luvvies and Mr Genius supporters to defend him.
With you comment 6 days ago threatening "not to bother with any more posts like this " (match comments") it might be a bit of a surprise for some to see you back so soon .
Some fans have criticised Greene on and off all season when it has been fair and just , and it must be added that  these very same fans when giving praise are referred by you as "luvvies" .  nothing wrong in giving a balance view in a dignified manner .   Most are wise enough to realise having a personal vendetta against the manager is not constructive ,  unbiased balanced comments makes healthy debate .

Agree about mid-field , thought DG had got the message by subbing Garner at NFU . Though Scott was poor Saturday , comments on facebook last night indicated the same again with his inability to find team-mates with passes . Liam would have been selected instead of Garner .
Can,t recall DG picking on Liam , when was this ?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:14:49 PM by green hats mate »

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 05:20:41 PM »
my granddad sed it was a mans game boy, and the men wun.and then he kicked off at me. he sed  have yu sorted out wot yu going to du boy I sed granddad yu no wot I wont to du; and yu sed  so long as I turn out like billy Elliot then that's fine 

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 06:20:48 PM »
my granddad sed it was a mans game boy, and the men wun.and then he kicked off at me. he sed  have yu sorted out wot yu going to du boy I sed granddad yu no wot I wont to du; and yu sed  so long as I turn out like billy Elliot then that's fine 

What the heck (not the word I first thought of) are you going on about???

sed = said
wun = won
yu = you
wot= what
du = do
no = know

What are they teaching at schools these days!!!

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 06:32:11 PM »
Well it sounded like a very underwhelming performance last night and not for the first time this season unfortunately. Let's hope these inconsistencies are resolved soon otherwise we could start to undo all the hard work recently. Hopefully I'll be there at Alfreton to see the boys put things right and get back to winning ways.

Reading Miele's comments made me chuckle and forget the disappointment of last night. Keep up the good work Miele.  :dan

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 10:03:22 PM »
Just a thought on Liam Marrs and why he was possibly left out.
He lives in Newcastle, works full time and has travelled down to Boston a number of times and was then asked to travel to Worcester on a Tuesday night. I suspect he was left out due to tiredness ???
I never expected to get anything from this one despite their league position.
Mid week game + semi pro players travelling long distances = home win
I can't recall us getting anything away midweek for some time...hey ho...move on
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:15:06 PM by howmanynames2pick »

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 10:54:46 PM »
Interesting that several fans are starting to criticise Mr Genius. Whatever next.

from the start of the season. All recent additions have been forwards yet again.

a false position. So frustrating with a better manager we should be top 4 in this league.

If you seemingly know all the answers, can we expect you to be our next manager ??  Please do, just so we can easily slate you and your decisions without knowing the full facts on anything !  I would request you to go and have a word with the gaffers who will tell you why Liam was left out. People are always jumping to conclusions !!!   This is nothing more than another post that stems from your bitter hatred of the manager,  isn't it time you moved on ?!!  Embarrassing  >:(

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 02:40:28 PM »

If you seemingly know all the answers, can we expect you to be our next manager ??  Please do, just so we can easily slate you and your decisions without knowing the full facts on anything !  I would request you to go and have a word with the gaffers who will tell you why Liam was left out. People are always jumping to conclusions !!!   This is nothing more than another post that stems from your bitter hatred of the manager,  isn't it time you moved on ?!!  Embarrassing  >:(

A real constructive suggestion Lback , why did none of us see the potential of a regular poster to become our "proper" manager.?

Less than a fortnight ago dt woodhall when telling us that he was not coming on Patter anymore due to being pissed off with happy clappers , stated he is a former BUFC player .

Former Pilgrim , local, and vastly more knowledgeable than our present manager (so he claims) .   Just what Pilgrim fans love in a manager .

Send Patter your full footballing CV  dt . let,s get behind you .

Good gesture on DNs part if in DGs redundancy package he includes a season ticket for DG to stand in front of the S/Rd tea bar , giving him an opportunity to express (expletives essential) his hindsight on the new managers substitutions .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2015, 03:56:03 PM »
From the Worcester forum:

Boston were absolute pants in the 1st half: didn't look like they'd got off the bus, and if that's what a sixth place side looks like then we have nothing to fear.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 10:40:33 PM »
He lives in Newcastle, works full time and has travelled down to Boston a number of times and was then asked to travel to Worcester on a Tuesday night. I suspect he was left out due to tiredness ???
I can't recall us getting anything away midweek for some time...hey ho...move on

Well Iv'e heard it all now. If this your only way to excuse the indefensible dropping of Liam then I really do despair. I would have thought that travelling all that way and picking up other players from the same area who were picked would have him seriously considering his future at Boston. Even Dennis says in interview that he should have stuck to his regular back four so stop trying to justify a glaring error by the manager.   

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 11:13:31 PM »
From the Worcester forum:

Boston were absolute pants in the 1st half: didn't look like they'd got off the bus, and if that's what a sixth place side looks like then we have nothing to fear.
Why are they even contemplating 6th place? Their aim is to stay up!!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2015, 04:07:50 PM »
No excuses Greene you picked the team. How on earth could you drop Liam Marrs who has been our most reliable defender all season? How on earth can you start Robbins  when there is more go in a butchers dog?
Sorry but I am totally peed off with some of these team selections thank goodness I didn't waste my money and stayed at home listening to equally disgusted commentators.

At least Greene has admitted that he got it wrong .  Listening to his comments Mel and those on here who went to the match it sounds as though apart from Dayle all the players have a lot to answer for .
Hope they repay the travelling fans with a top performance on Saturday .

Think most will agree with comments on  Robbins , but if he had not been selected I,m pretty sure a certain poster would be  demanding "Mr Genius" be sacked for not selecting a player who s scored 4 goals in 540 mins of play .
Who would be a manager ?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2015, 05:31:02 PM »
It is my intention not to comment too much on this forum now, but occasionally
I have to respond to the garbage that seems to be aimed at me.
I sometimes wonder why its only me that seems to get picked on when I
have the audacity to criticise the manager, there are plenty of others to go at.
Note I very rarely criticise our players.

I would be the first to congratulate the manager if he managed to get the
right squad together and from it pick the right team, but he seems incapable
of doing this.We lack midfield bite and physicality and as the grounds get heavier
and we meet very physical sides in the near future we have to improve this area asap.

I hope I am proved wrong but the next few games look very hard with our
current midfield frailty.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 07:36:29 PM »

Well Iv'e heard it all now. If this your only way to excuse the indefensible dropping of Liam then I really do despair. I would have thought that travelling all that way and picking up other players from the same area who were picked would have him seriously considering his future at Boston. Even Dennis says in interview that he should have stuck to his regular back four so stop trying to justify a glaring error by the manager.
I did say "just a possible  reason" Mel.
I am not defending DG as such just highlighting what a managers decisions are based on.
He said he should have  picked same back four but made a call on it.....it didn't work. Things don't always work out.
Flipping it....he may have played Liam and we still  may have lost.
Who would be a manager? :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »
It is my intention not to comment too much on this forum now, but occasionally
I have to respond to the garbage that seems to be aimed at me.
I sometimes wonder why its only me that seems to get picked on when I
have the audacity to criticise the manager, there are plenty of others to go at.
Note I very rarely criticise our players.

I would be the first to congratulate the manager if he managed to get the
right squad together and from it pick the right team, but he seems incapable
of doing this.We lack midfield bite and physicality and as the grounds get heavier
and we meet very physical sides in the near future we have to improve this area asap.

I hope I am proved wrong but the next few games look very hard with our
current midfield frailty.

Judging from comments made by fans who went to Kiddy on Tuesday  maybe where we fans are going wrong is we should be criticising  the players more and Den a little less .   Marr being dropped was clearly a error ,  but against a poor outfit this is no excuse for the team to not deliver .

Who was your manger when you played for bufc ?  How would he have reacted if you and your team mates turned out a performance like Tues ?