Author Topic: What's happened to Jason Alexander ?  (Read 7388 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
What's happened to Jason Alexander ?
« on: November 10, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
Just seen the team for tonight and yet again no back up keeper on the bench.  Anyone know what's happened to Jason Alexander ?  To me, it always seems a risky proposition to not have a keeper on the bench as during the course of a season its more likely that the number 1 will pick up an injury or be sent off.

womble

• View Profile
Re: What's happened to Jason Alexander ?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:23:07 PM »
May be nothing but at the North Ferriby game, we were stood by him when he was warming up Ravas. When he kicked the ball to him during a crossing warm up he winced twice and tried to stretch out something in his leg so from that would guess he isn't 100% fit

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 11:51:35 PM »
He wants to hurry up and get fit, yes Ravas made the penalty save and has got through a couple iof games riding high off confidence but after looking shaky Saturday he looked just as vulnerable like he did at the start of the season.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 07:15:18 AM »
He is injured. Not quite sure if he can 'hurry up and get fit'.

If I was DG in this scenario then I wouldn't bring another keeper in. Yes, there's always the possibility of an injury or sending off for Ravas during the game but is it worth using up a loan or going over budget ? Thought for the first time last night we had substitutes that had / had the potential to change the game - and we haven't been able to say that too often this season.

TEP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 08:23:32 AM »
He wants to hurry up and get fit, yes Ravas made the penalty save and has got through a couple iof games riding high off confidence but after looking shaky Saturday he looked just as vulnerable like he did at the start of the season.

Leave the lad alone, he is improving with every game the truth is he gets little protection from some of those in front of him. Be glad to see Jones the center half back and fit as Zak is not performing well lately. 

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »

Leave the lad alone, he is improving with every game the truth is he gets little protection from some of those in front of him. Be glad to see Jones the center half back and fit as Zak is not performing well lately.

Think you must have been at a different game to me last night Oxo! Thought Zak was man of the match, no disrespect to Jordan

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 10:27:12 AM »

Agree with the Ravas comment oxo,  but I,m with OP on Mills , thought he was outstanding , more so when you read Craigs twitter.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 10:53:59 AM »
I said Mills would have been my MOM when we were leaving and yeah esp after reading Craig on twitter!  On Alexander he does not look that injured during warmups, we sure he is still out and just not selected?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 11:01:04 AM »
I said Mills would have been my MOM when we were leaving and yeah esp after reading Craig on twitter!  On Alexander he does not look that injured during warmups, we sure he is still out and just not selected?

I,m surprised no one as come on claiming Mills had a "stinker"  :)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 11:03:02 AM »
Ravas is DG's number 1, and Alexander plays when Ravas is away with Slovakia U19s.

Ravas looks a different keeper to when he started the season, making excellent saves almost every game - the penalty save last night was fantastic, especially compared with his weak handling in the shoot out against Lincoln.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
As a (very) young developing keeper the lad is a prospect. Likewise Alexander. 

Is he what I think we need given the inexperience in front of him, no.  It's a weak point which teams have and will continue to target.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 11:29:59 AM »

Agree with the Ravas comment oxo,  but I,m with OP on Mills , thought he was outstanding , more so when you read Craigs twitter.

Let's get one thing straight I am a Mills fan  nobody puts more effort into a game or gets about the pitch more and he is missed when out injured, but I don't think he is a central defender and if you look at the highlights of recent games he has left Ravas exposed a couple of times as have others and my post was in defense of our goalkeeper.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »
I'd like to see Mills play in midfield. He's better on the ball than Garner, with more pace and isn't afraid of putting a tackle. Brings back the Garner/Pidge partnership, too.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2015, 02:59:51 PM »
I'd like to see Mills play in midfield. He's better on the ball than Garner, with more pace and isn't afraid of putting a tackle. Brings back the Garner/Pidge partnership, too.
I said that at the game last night !
Garns is good at breaking attacks up but isn't a creative player.
He has looked a bit adrift in the last couple of games.

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 04:43:43 PM »

Let's get one thing straight I am a Mills fan  nobody puts more effort into a game or gets about the pitch more and he is missed when out injured, but I don't think he is a central defender and if you look at the highlights of recent games he has left Ravas exposed a couple of times as have others and my post was in defense of our goalkeeper.

I am not putting all the blame on goals conceded on Ravas as the last few games the defence has been all over the shop and its just been a case of trying to outscore the opposition in some games but the fact of the matter is he isn't good enough what is required for a team challenging for promotion, yes hes a good shot stopper but the first goal comes wandering in to no mans land his decision making is awful he doesn't know whether hes coming or going. Personally I blame him a little for the second as he seem to bottle it and stop himself. Yes hes a young prospect with potential and when you're outfield you can get away with inconsistency but not in goal unless you have the confidence and ability a la Max and Dixon from Sunderland. I am sorry but he may of had a run of good games but hes lost us more points than he has won us this season and will continue to do so over the season.