Author Topic: Dennis Greene  (Read 5719 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Dennis Greene
« on: November 08, 2015, 08:35:31 PM »
Good to see DN is hoping to extend DGs contract .   more stability at the club .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:00:56 PM »
Dens a top manager, and is doing a good job at the club although he will never please the seasonal moaners ! In fact, nobody would. We've just got to expect that no matter how successful of a run we could go on, no matter what league we could be in  that there are just some that will find something negative to moan about.  I'm looking forward to Den moving this club forward and upwards and to the Greene Army chants to return !  :bunny

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 10:48:47 PM »
Dens a top manager, and is doing a good job at the club although he will never please the seasonal moaners ! In fact, nobody would. We've just got to expect that no matter how successful of a run we could go on, no matter what league we could be in  that there are just some that will find something negative to moan about.  I'm looking forward to Den moving this club forward and upwards and to the Greene Army chants to return !  :bunny
Fully agree.
OK he isn't perfect but who is???
Doing a good job.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:21:21 AM »
Gives Den security, and it also means we can hopefully get a few players on deals for next season too - or we could be looking at an exodus, like we had a few seasons ago.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 11:35:24 AM »
Gives Den security, and it also means we can hopefully get a few players on deals for next season too - or we could be looking at an exodus, like we had a few seasons ago.

Correct P86 ,   sadly the moaners are too naive to base judgement on anything except the last defeat they saw .

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 05:35:41 PM »
Far too soon to be giving him another contract.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »
Far too soon to be giving him another contract.
2.5 years of good football and improved league positions not good enough for you?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 08:06:39 PM »
Must be our best manager since ????

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 10:01:32 PM »
Errr... George Kerr maybe?!!

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 11:29:30 PM »
George Kerr ??
I was thinking of Arthur Mann  ;D

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 03:13:27 PM »
Before most of your luuvvies time, but the best manager we have had for a long time was Jim Smith. Last time I saw him many years ago he still remembered the club with affection. Now he was a proper manager

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »
We could hire Pep Guardiola and some people would moan he wasn't animated enough on the touchline, or suspicious of his preference for a good tempranillo instead of Grimthorpe Knuckleduster Ale.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 03:34:35 PM »
Before most of your luuvvies time, but the best manager we have had for a long time was Jim Smith. Last time I saw him many years ago he still remembered the club with affection. Now he was a proper manager
He was "a proper" manager?
please expand.
what did he do to qualify as "a proper" manager?
nb .....I am neither a luuvie nor DG apologist

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 04:17:29 PM »

What I liked abut Jim was he always stood his ground and always said it straight,  and was mostly right.

Arguably the manager who brought the most fame and excitment to BUFC was Ray Middleton who is my all-time favourite .

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2015, 05:09:59 PM »
Jim Smith,  Didn't we go 52 games unbeaten under his guidance as a manager, I seem to remember it was Skelmersdale away who were the first team to beat Boston United in 52 games, I'm not hundred percent sure, but that record could still stand, tell me a BU F C manager to be Anywhere near that for his CV, Not even Ray Middleton GHM comes near that.